Centro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Centro Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2017

Campaign Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks,I got two phone interview,one is hr the other one is from associate director. The qiestions are pretty straight forward Employer are friendly and nice. They ask about my experience and previous projects.

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience you have for campaign management?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a technical recruiter via LinkedIn, who then set up a 30-minute phone interview the next day. We spoke briefly about my experience, knowledge/interest in Centro and dug into my resume. The recruiter was really upbeat, easygoing and cheerful so it was a pleasant and conversational experience. Don't be afraid to be yourself while you're talking about your resume. Centro's looking for a culture fit as well as a fit for the role.

After that, recruiter set up a second phone interview with the hiring manager, who was one of the executives at Centro. She called me for another 30-minute interview the following week. This conversation was more open-ended and vague. She didn't ask for specific experience; rather, she asked questions like, "What are you good at? What are you bad at? How would you rate your performance if you were your manager?" So be prepared for that. Be tactful, but genuine. Centro does a good job at gauging culture fit and are very protective and strategic about who they select.

After passing the second phone interview, I was invited about three weeks later (Centro takes their time, so don't feel bad about following up about the hiring process) to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This was at Centro's Chicago HQ and lasted an hour. Again, very open-ended questions. Centro is really focused on getting to know you as a person first. I literally sat there for an hour talking about EVERY SINGLE experience on my resume--even about college. I was asked about my favorite classes and pros and cons of college, plus pros and cons of each position on my resume. Be confident and friendly, but also provide concrete examples of relevant work experience, if you can, when you discuss each experience.

Overall, I thought I did well, but what I lacked was the years of experience. In the end this is what made them reject me, which is understandable. Centro even told me that they decided to go with someone more senior; I found it refreshing that they even gave me a reason as to why I was rejected, which is rare for a lot of companies.

It was still an excellent experience. Centro strives to get to know you, and that was very impressive. Not a lot of companies can claim that.

Interview Questions

• - Why Centro? What do you know about Centro?
      - What are your career goals?
      - What are you good at, what are you bad at?
      - What were the highs and lows of each experience (including college) on your resume?
      - Minimal technical skills questions
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview from HR. Was very simple and straight to the point. Told me a lot of information about Centro and asked what I knew about their company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Centro?   1 Answer

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I received an email from the Senior Recruiting Specialist a week after submitting my application asking to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty short, barely 30 minutes with time for me to ask questions at the end. A week after the phone interview I was sent an email saying they were going in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• What digital media experience do you have? What was your favorite part of the experience that you do have?   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a first round phone screening and a second round Skype interview. The interviewers were both extremely nice and easy to talk to. After the second interview, they decided not to go forward, and suggested I apply for a different position focused on campaigns. I was eager, however after following up, I was told the recommended position required more experience.

Media Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied on the company website and received an email invite for the initial HR phone screening within 5 days. The HR seems really nice and explained a lot about their company culture and what she thinks about Centro as an "insider." She only asked 2 questions and the interview lasted about 15 minutes. I could tell she wasn't very interested in me because my background and experiences clearly didn't fit the position.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you know about Centro?
      2. What digital strategy did you create when you were in your previous position?
      Answer Question

Digital Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

Very thorough interview process. I had two phone interviews, one with HR and one with the director, and then two in-person interviews. The first one was with the director again, and the second in-person interview was with 3 people, and then meeting the actual team. After all of these interviews, a background check was conducted, they asked for 4-5 references to contact, and yes they called all of them.

Interview Questions

• Pretty typical interview questions, along with being asked to critique a current project they were working on. Tested my knowledge on current events relating to the industry and my opinions on them.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

I started the interview process and had a series of phone interviews followed quickly by a Skype interview. During that time, I noticed that the job posting had come down, only to be put back up while we were in the process.

In an effort to help move the process along, I asked if there were any questions or concerns about my skills or background that I could clear up to assist with the decision-making. I was assured at that point that my skills and experience were the reason that I had gone "that far" in the process. 2 weeks later, I was advised that position had been placed on hold while they worked out more details about what the position would be.

A month after that, I was contacted and advised that the Office Manager position would now be Office Manager/Executive Assistant. There was never any mention about a salary increase tied to the new responsibilities; however, at that point, I was scheduled for in-person interviews. The in-person process went well and I was constantly complimented on my skills, experience, positive attitude, and professional demeanor. I was even told that they wanted me to interview with some additional people to make sure everyone was on the same page.

Everything seemed so positive, so I was COMPLETELY surprised when I got a week of silence. My voice mail to check-in was not followed by a phone call, but an email instead, to tell me they were still working on some details. Then, I got a generic email saying that they decided to go in a different direction.

When I came back to Glassdoor I see that someone else had a similar experience for this same position before I did. That person said they were interviewing in October and the company reposted the job opening while interviewing them. The same thing happened to me. This establishes a pattern of behavior and could possibly explain why the position of Office Manager has been vacant for so long.

Interview Questions

• Every person I talked to asked me the same questions as the person before, which led me to believe that there was no in-depth communication about what they had learned about me between the parties. When I got to the in-person interviews, that's when I started to experience more authentic "getting to know you" stuff.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Had one easy phone interview with the manager who mainly just asked about what I was looking for in an internship and my availability. Was invited to interview in-office in Raleigh and spoke to two managers. It was very brief and I didn't encounter any very difficult questions. Standard intern/entry level interview stuff.

Interview Questions

• What was my biggest accomplishment in my previous roles   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

HR contacted me through email. I tried to set up a phone call interview. But she never replied. I followed up 2 times in 2 weeks. One week after the second follow-up, she told me the position was in final stage... Just make sure they mean it when they reach out for a interview...