Centro Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Centro Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2017

2.9

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

Was reached out to by an internal recruiter via LinkedIn. Had a phone interview with that recruiter and two phone interviews with two senior team members. Then had an in person interview with those same two team members. The company was swift at scheduling and responding, but completely ghosted me after the in person interview. I followed up twice, but never got any type of response. This was disappointing after 4 interviews that I thought went well. I would have been more satisfied with a rejection letter.

Media Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

Lead time from 1st interview to internship offer date: about 5 wks

This internship gives the option to select a first, second, and third preference on department placement. My first choice interview process was very fast paced. Two phone interviews then a skype interview (as I was unable to meet in person). Everyone was super personable & very casual in conversation. Description of work environment and culture were very accurate across the board.

As weeks went by after the third interview, they decided to begin interviewing me for my second choice. Also very fast paced - consisted of 2 phone interviews. Same vibe from the interviewers. Casual conversation style.

The same day I had my second interview, I received a call regarding the offer to my second choice placement! (Which i loved just as much as the first)

Overall: very pleasant process; helpful materials to info me about the company were readily available to me & encouraged throughout the process

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about the experiences here on your resume.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose to apply at Centro?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Centro.

Interview

After I submitted my application I was given a phone interview on a Wednesday. They said I should expect to hear back by the end of the week, or early next week. I didn't hear back from them so I sent a follow-up email on Wednesday of the week following my phone interview. They never responded. They completely ghosted me.

Interview Questions

• They asked several questions about the programs I would be using for the job.   Answer Question

Campaign Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Centro (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and set up a quick phone screen to align on experience, gauge interest, and set salary expectations. Escalated to a phone call with the would be supervisor within the capability. After that, an in person interview at their amazing office with 6 people from across the campaign analyst capability as well as the media employees. Overall, a great and well communicated interview experience. Process was pretty quick and took around 2 weeks. Great office culture and people (they even have cold brew on tap!) I was extended an offer but ultimately did not accept because the salary and lateral position move would not have been in my best interests. Great experience, though, and wished that I would've held off on interviewing until a more senior position was available.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle working on multiple clients/accounts?
      Tell us about your current client interaction
      How would you communicate KPIs with clients or resolve disagreements/guide the conversation to important KPIs?
      How comfortable are you with excel and dashboard creation?
      Why Centro?   Answer Question

BI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Centro in June 2017.

Interview

Hiring Manager Phone screen
    SQL Assessment
    On-site interview 3 rounds

Whole process was over with in a week

I mentioned my salary expectation above 100k and they agreed . During interview everything well but they sent feedback stating that my experience does match their requirement.Not sure what they are looking for but they asked inside out about dw and bi and I answered 95% of their questions.

Interview Questions

• Many data warehousing and design questions...how do you handle larger amounts​ of data..what are the challenges in performing etl process...basic questions on python and oracle stored procedures   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

You have an initial phone interview with a recruiter that lasts about 30-45 minutes. If that goes well then you will have a second phone interview with the director of the team for 30-45 minutes. If that goes well you will have a third phone interview for 30-45 minutes with a direct manager. If that goes well then you will come in the office for a 3 hour interview process with the direct manger, as well as three or four people from the team you would be working with. Then, after about one or two weeks you will hear back if they want to proceed. This process took about six weeks which is rather lengthy. Frustrated because I received great feedback after each interview and was told I perfectly met the qualifications of the job only to be told that they wanted to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• They ask what platforms you are familiar with for tag creation and management.   1 Answer

Campaign Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process took 2 weeks,I got two phone interview,one is hr the other one is from associate director. The qiestions are pretty straight forward Employer are friendly and nice. They ask about my experience and previous projects.

Interview Questions

• what kind of experience you have for campaign management?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a technical recruiter via LinkedIn, who then set up a 30-minute phone interview the next day. We spoke briefly about my experience, knowledge/interest in Centro and dug into my resume. The recruiter was really upbeat, easygoing and cheerful so it was a pleasant and conversational experience. Don't be afraid to be yourself while you're talking about your resume. Centro's looking for a culture fit as well as a fit for the role.

After that, recruiter set up a second phone interview with the hiring manager, who was one of the executives at Centro. She called me for another 30-minute interview the following week. This conversation was more open-ended and vague. She didn't ask for specific experience; rather, she asked questions like, "What are you good at? What are you bad at? How would you rate your performance if you were your manager?" So be prepared for that. Be tactful, but genuine. Centro does a good job at gauging culture fit and are very protective and strategic about who they select.

After passing the second phone interview, I was invited about three weeks later (Centro takes their time, so don't feel bad about following up about the hiring process) to an in-person interview with the hiring manager. This was at Centro's Chicago HQ and lasted an hour. Again, very open-ended questions. Centro is really focused on getting to know you as a person first. I literally sat there for an hour talking about EVERY SINGLE experience on my resume--even about college. I was asked about my favorite classes and pros and cons of college, plus pros and cons of each position on my resume. Be confident and friendly, but also provide concrete examples of relevant work experience, if you can, when you discuss each experience.

Overall, I thought I did well, but what I lacked was the years of experience. In the end this is what made them reject me, which is understandable. Centro even told me that they decided to go with someone more senior; I found it refreshing that they even gave me a reason as to why I was rejected, which is rare for a lot of companies.

It was still an excellent experience. Centro strives to get to know you, and that was very impressive. Not a lot of companies can claim that.

Interview Questions

• - Why Centro? What do you know about Centro?
      - What are your career goals?
      - What are you good at, what are you bad at?
      - What were the highs and lows of each experience (including college) on your resume?
      - Minimal technical skills questions   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Centro (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview from HR. Was very simple and straight to the point. Told me a lot of information about Centro and asked what I knew about their company.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Centro?   1 Answer

Media Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Centro (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

straightforward initial phone screening then interview with members of the team. It was nice to meet actual employees, especially director/senior level employees. Centro does really care about the personality and values of the people it hires. the overall process was simple- just be yourself and answer their questions honestly