Century 21 Department Stores Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

1.9

Shift Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

The application is easy and the interview is a group setting by people who aren't interested in anyone but themselves. I came in was not properly greeted. Put in a group setting to take a math test, given my results and sent upstairs for a second round of interviews. after my group interview, I had a one on one interview. it went great and no follow up.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with managing associates?   1 Answer

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

offered the job verbally given a hire date upon hire date told i was not hired despite being asked how much notice in advance to give my job pay benefits schedule etc

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (Rego Park, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I originally apply for the beauty advisor position but got a called saying they didn't had that position available so they offer me the cashier position , I think I got interviewed a few days later . The interview was short they asked my availability I said any time and I asked them what two days I wanted off and they said I couldn't set those days unless I was going to school so I think that why I didn't get a offer , they gave me math problems to solve which was kinda easy just that I took my time on answering them and I know I answer them all right because I did it correctly so I don't know if they really care of you answer them correctly.

Interview Questions

• Q: what is your availability
      Q: can you tell me a little bit about your self
      Q: how good are you at selling credit cards.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

You do a series of math questions. You can only get 3 wrong. I think it's 10 questions from what I remember. Then you wait for the manager to call you and a few others for a group interview. Manager told certain people they'll get a call but in reality they won't. Those who stay get a job. They let u now to come back for a training.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

They invited to a Career (un)Fair. Applicants were gathered in the staff lounge and they had to complete an easy math test. Then, ALL applicants (around 25) were invited to an office without any information about the reasons or the activity we were supposed to do in that room. 30 minutes later, a brave applicant asked what we were doing there and we were told that an HR manager would be with us in a few minutes. 20 minutes later, I walked out myself. The activity was not well organized and I think that it was a disrespect from C21 representatives.

Seasonal Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied after a lengthy onine application, I received a call two days later for an interview. I arrived at the FiDi location on Cortlandt, and there was about 60 people in a cafeteria awaiting the interview. We were taken to the Human Resources room and there wa only about 20 seats, everyone else had to stand while we took a math exam. It was shameful to see so many adults struggle to take this easy exam, but some people took 30 minutes!

After the exams were graded another human resources employee took about 10 of us upstairs for a group interview. We were asked to say a little about ourselves, and our background. Also, to discuss a positive customer service experience we had. In addition, we were informed they application along with our resumes would be given to the individual managers to chose on their departments needs. The interview was only a few days ago, but we also were informed there is a mandatory two full training which may prevent me from accepting, as I already have a full time employment and I only wanted this job for seasonal employment.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?
      Discuss a positive experience you've had as a customer?
      What are your hobbies?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very quick and easy. I applied online and got a call back 2 weeks later, came in and had a group interview with about four other people. The hiring manager asked us simple questions and the interview only lasted about 30 minutes, in the end everyone was offered a job but you had to pass the background check. I think what helped me the most was me having open availability and your references have to check out. The job was pretty much a give me and it would be my first retail job but I was offered a postion with full time hours

Interview Questions

• Do you have good customer service skills?

How would you handle a stressful situation?

Visual Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

This interview was scheduled for 10am at the Financial District location, they told me to go to the cafeteria and wait. There were around 50-60 people waiting to be interviewed, most of them where wearing sneakers, teens right off the high school, anyway it didn't feel at all professional.
    Waited for 45 minutes and someone showed up addressing everybody to follow her into the office. I had no idea what was happening, we stopped at the office door because only 10 people could fit in, we were handed a ridiculous math test, and back to the cafeteria to fill it up. I asked the lady that I'm interviewing for the Visual Team, she said unfortunately you have to do the test. Then they divided us in groups of 10 in different offices, then I realized that It was a group interview where most likely everyone had applied for different positions, I was in a room with people applying for sales, customer service, genitor etc. How was this possible, this was my worst interview experience ever, at this point I was ready to leave just didn't want to disrespect the people I was siting next to.
    The questions where retarded, like; tell us about you hobbies!? What!!!! Stay away from this place, my honest advice.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about your hobbies?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

You take a math test before doing the actual interview if you don't pass the math test you don't get interview. In the interview you talk a little about yourself then you chose a number and answer the question on the back of the number. After that they ask if you have any questions for them and they step out of the room and decide if you are asked to leave first you didn't get the Job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you did the right thing when nobody was watching?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied and was called literally the next day. It was a group interview. You start with a math test, addition, subtracting, counting correct change, etc. Afterwards, you would pick a number and then answer the question that was behind the number. Some were asked to stay and some to go. If you stayed, they asked a few more questions about your availability and if hired, where would you like to be placed. I was offered a contingent offer, based upon results of credit check, background check, references, etc. and was told to be on the lookout for a phone call. About two weeks went by I didn't hear anything from them, so I just sent an email asking if I was still being considered. I was told that the process takes around 3 weeks. Three weeks have now passed and I have not heard from them.

Interview Questions

• What was a hard time for you?   1 Answer