Century 21 Department Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Century 21 Department Stores Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 20, 2016

1.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

You do a series of math questions. You can only get 3 wrong. I think it's 10 questions from what I remember. Then you wait for the manager to call you and a few others for a group interview. Manager told certain people they'll get a call but in reality they won't. Those who stay get a job. They let u now to come back for a training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Century 21 Department Stores

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores.

Interview

It was very quick. Got called for an interview 5 days after applying online. The interview was a group interview. it was about 8 of us. It lasted for about 1 hour. Some people where told to leave and they will contact then to let them know if they got the job. Some were asked to stay to clarify some things. The ones that were asked to stay including myself, were told we got the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in January 2016.

Interview

Two people leading the interviews. About 12 people getting interviewed. Asked everyone their name and went around and asked about 5 or 6 questions. Asked two people to step out in the end.

Interview Questions

• a time you had to deal with a bad customer,how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • why would you like to work for century21?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (Westbury, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online got called for a phone screening then offered an interview. Interview consisted of a basic math test and then a few regular questions (describe past experience). Then they contacted my references and was called back for training.

Interview Questions

• What was your past experience and how does it prepare you for this role.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores.

Interview

i was sat in a room with a bunch of other girls and we were all given some math sheet. it was easy. HR and corporate staff were unprofessional and already got the feeling that they dont really care about their employees. The interview was short and to the point. She asked me about my retail experience. I didn't have a lot and i think thats why i probably didnt get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself working on the floor or register? Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

its a group interview. they ask you basic question but not everyone will be answer all questions depending on the amount of persons in the group. the questions are based on diversity, productivity and willingness. if hired there is a 2 day training coarse non-paid

Interview Questions

• what's your best quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

the interview was done in a group forum. About 7/8 of us interviewed at the same time. a question was asked and each person had an opportunity to answer. It was nerve wracking because you had to try your hardest not to sound like you are stealing someone else's answer. The interviewer was stone faced and seemed to be barely listening to us. Most people answered fairly well in my estimation. After she asked about 4 questions, she called a few names and thanked those people for coming and told them she would be in touch. She then proceeded to congratulate the remaining few (including me) on the new position being offered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you successfully dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rego Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (Rego Park, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

You have to take a basic math test prior to getting interviewed. You get interviewed by HR and then by the manager of the department that you will be working for.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work here?
      Do you shop here? If so what do you but here?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

math test/group interview/one on one with hiring manager. The interview was easy, all candidates came in and waited to be called. The hiring manager liked my personality and she decided to put me in her department. I had past experience and she was pleased with my past experience

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores.

Interview

EASY PROCESS it was at the fulton street location.. but it kinds seemed like high school the way the associates were so petty and immature about situations. all in all the weekly pay was OK.. i did overnight.wasnt the best job but it helped my sneakr addiction.