Century 21 Department Stores Sales Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Century 21 Department Stores Sales Cashier Interview Questions

1.8

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores.

Interview

group interview with about 8 of us in the room with one interviewer. It was very intimidating, the interviewer would ask several questions have everyone answer then have certain people verify their contact info and tell them they can go. the last people standing get offered the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Century 21 Department Stores

Sales Cashier Interview

Interview

We had to come in and take a math test after the test we went upstairs and they asked us small questions as our availability and things in that nature. I then got a call back 2 weeks so the overall process takes month

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

It was great at first you do a group interview which they gave basic questions and then i met the hiring manager and he was really nice made the interview real easy there was no reason to feel nervous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation they just said 8.75 is the pay

Sales Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in October 2015.

Interview

There was a math assessment (easy). Then we met with a manager (not sure). All she asked was about myself then told me to wait. Then the actual hiring manager came and asked the same question. I was last so I had less to worry about. They were pretty chill.I was told I'd be called in a few days and I was called the next day. I was told to bring my ID and SS card. I guess I got it!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked about my nose hoop and they said a stud was fine. Other than that I didn't care since it would be my first job.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

Received a call for a Group Interview same day I filled out online application through their website. They sent me into the room with 10 other candidates. 2 managers held the interviews. They asked questions and each person answered in their own way. They then split us into two groups (assuming considering hire, not considering hire). My group was taken into another room, where we were asked our availability and to fill out a short packet, to consent to background check. Then released to leave. The following week and a half I received a call about the check coming back clear and was offered the position. And told about orientation the following week.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? And what did you do to handle the situation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

asked one or two questions and one of them were what day you would like to start, yeah not many people will ask that during the interview. it was very unprofessional and they need better workers for interviews.

Interview Questions

• what day you would like to start   1 Answer

Sales Cashier Interview

Interview

Applied on thanksgiving and got called in for an interview within a week. It was a group interview with three simple questions and I was offered a position on spot

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult thing you have ever encountered at work or at school and how did you overcome that difficulty   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty lengthy. Made us do basic math test then separated in small group for an interview. Asked basic questions but the wait was a bit of a headache.

Interview Questions

• When was a time challenging time in your past work experience that you've had to over come   Answer Question

Sales/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores (New York, NY).

Interview

3 part hiring process.

First is a generic online screening process - don't worry about honesty, focus on getting the right answer. Chances are the managers don't even look at your answers in the online screen process - its just a tool to let managers know which applicant to contact.

Second part is a group testing after being told to wait in the employee's cafeteria where you're given a sheet that asks you simple math related questions regarding money. For example, you're given X amounts of money for a cost total of Y, how much do you give back?

Third part is a group interview where you're taken to a room with other applicants who applied for various positions in the store. While most interviewers would use these opportunities to know more about an applicant, it was more like another online screening used to further remove potential applicants rather than find the right one which is an understandable method given the volume of interviews they probably have to go through. Reflecting back, they do not care for how skilled you are (as long as you passed that test they gave you, it doesn't matter if you understand multidimension calculus or quantum mechanics), your high work ethics, or how enthusiastic you are about the position. The interviewer only seemed to care about further weeding out applicants to simply find ones who are willing to work and follow the rules.

Their hiring rate is extremely high compare to many other companies, but their retention rate isn't that great according to my friends. While its an easy place to get customer service experience for other positions one may be interested in such as in banking, you got to make sure you watch out for yourself at all times which is different than when I worked in HVAC where one worked as a team.

Interview Questions

• In the third part of the interviewing process, the interviewer/manager asks one to explain a time when one had to break/bend a rule. I told her of how I stayed OT when I worked with kids in an afterschool program who's parents were late at picking them up after I had already signed out because it was not really appropriate to leave children alone and bored as it affects their trust in people. Although I didn't really break any rules other than working OT without pay, THEY DO NOT WANT RULE BREAKERS!   Answer Question

Sales Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Century 21 Department Stores in May 2014.

Interview

I was a bit late to the interview but once I got there I had to wait an hour to be called. Since I was one of the last people, I didn't have to deal with the group interview, it was just me and someone else. The interviewer asked us some questions that we may deal with in the store. After that she told me the day of orientation and my pay. Overall the interview process was easy.