CenturyLink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CenturyLink Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Typical sales interview. "Sell me this pen" type of stuff. They sit you in a conference room with one of the floor supervisors and ask you about yourself, your work experience, and then ask about sales experience.

Senior Global Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

I had two over the phone calls with the hiring manager. I offered to complete a 90 Day Action Plan which I provided to the hiring manager. Next I met with the hiring manager and also was interviewed by her colleague for a total of 1 1/2 hours. Was asked to meet with the hiring manager again during non-business hours at 7:15 P.M. to do a 45 minute role play call with the hiring manager and her boss. I was told that a decision would be made the following week, the next Friday rolled around and I requested an update on the status of the decision and a week later, still no response. I found out through another source that another candidate received an offer. After going through this process and experiencing the lack of reciprocal communication and effort that I gave for the role I applied for, I was very disappointed in the overall interview experience I had with CenturyLink. NOTE: at the time of this review sales hiring across the company is on hold due to the Level 3 acquisition that won't be formalized until later this year. A minum 60 days is what timeline I was given.

Interview Questions

• A role play scenario was provided where I had to pretend that I was meeting with a high level IT executive along with one of their direct reports. I had 45 minutes to conduct a first meeting interview/call to gain enough interest for a next follow up meeting.   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a business day from a corporate recruiter who set up a phone interview with me, it took about an 45-50 minutes. She said, she would like to move forward and the next step is an online IQ and personality test. Timed. Takes about an hour and a half and you only have 24 hours to complete it once they send it. Was told upon completion you should hear in one business day the next steps to the process and never heard from them again.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks total. The first interview was with two engineer managers of various facilities. This was followed up by a final interview with some of the staff that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with an engineering project? What were some problems that came along?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to learn a completely new engineering concept to be able to carry out task(s).   Answer Question

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Des Moines, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

scripted questions - they used what seemed to be a corporate list of questions that they followed, maybe somewhat unique for a specific position - but almost entirely a very scripted interview

Property Management Interview

Interview

interesting interviews, good rapport, solid information sharing. Some hesitancy about specific job duties and benefits.
    Good company still recovering from post union and merger blues of US West/Quest.
    Not a good match for my professional aspirations.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a potentially volatile situation that you diffused and how you did it.   Answer Question

Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink (New York, NY).

Interview

Got an email from HR about an interview time and date convenient for me. We set up a date and I interviewed a few days later. The interview took about an hour.

Business Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO).

Interview

When I had applied for my first job at the company which was about 10+ years ago, the process was very efficient. I had given a phone interview with the recruiter and then was called for an in person interview with the team that was hiring.
    The interview was a group interview with team members, manager and even director in there. Each person asked questions without any hierarchy that they asked based on a script but they also asked impromptu questions both technical and personality related.
    Recent interviews that I have participated in hiring other candidates is still based in this general structure. Specific questions may vary based in job position requirements.

Interview Questions

• Apart from the normal describe yourself questions and my skill set based questions, I was asked to describe what would my obituary state.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at CenturyLink (New York, NY).

Interview

Very kind and informal. Also, very quick with responding to timelines. Allowed plenty of time to have all questions answered and gave a timeline of when I would hear back.

Interview Questions

• How well my computer knowledge was especially with Microsoft products. Also discussed what I deal with in my current position.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Dublin, OH).

Interview

Interview was Easy, I was asked a lot of CCNP questions even though the position is for CCNA. The Interview lasted 30 mins, The Managers liked me! Really Excited for this new Opportunity and see where it takes me.