CenturyLink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Commercial Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, then a sales test online, followed by an interesting in person panel interview. Asked to create a PowerPoint titled Why CenturyLink and sell them on their products. Got to the interview and had to call in and get passed the gate keeper, then proceed to pitch them via the PowerPoint. I was stretched quite a bit but it went well and the team played their roles well so they kept me on my toes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current role and company?   1 Answer

Consumer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Johnson City, TN) in December 2017.

Interview

I had a Phone interview the day after I applied. I was scheduled for a face to face interview a week later. I was told I would hear back the same day, after my interview. I didn’t hear until the next day. I put a lot of time and effort into this process all for nothing. I wouldn’t recommend this hassle to anyone. I was on the fence about applying due to all the negative reviews and complaints this company receives!

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink in October 2017.

Interview

Had 3 phone interviews for the Pricing Analyst position with CentruyLink. The first interview was with a recruiter, the second interview was with the hiring manager and the third interview was with the director of pricing. First two interviews went well, the third interview went poorly. Apparently the director of pricing was expecting me to call her for our interview when she never explicitly requested me to call her in our emails prior to the interview. She failed to include a key request in our email conversation prior to the interview. I spent half of my 3rd interview waiting for her to call until she emailed me asking why I hadn't called yet. This is not a person that I would want to work with remotely.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of a time that you approached a problem creatively   Answer Question

Operations Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Saint Paul, MN).

Interview

It was a phone interview where they gave a brief overview of the company and asked some basic troubleshooting questions. They also gave me an opportunity to ask questions. I asked about how a typical day goes and was told that there is no typical day - its different every day with different tasks assigned. On the job, this answer proved to be a lie. The job tasks was a variation of a 5 step process.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online. HR associate called, and first question asked was how much money I make. I did not say my current salary and asked what was the salary for then position. She declined to answer. I followed up asking what was the salary range to the position and associate said could not disclose. What? Not only I am supposed inform my salary but also I am to blindly interview for a position where you cannot disclose the salary range?

I withdrew my candidacy to the position as circumstances as such raise a red flag of how reputable and transparent a company is. I understand it might be one associate, but the environment this associate is in that matters.

Interview Questions

• How much do you make today (1st question asked- no co or position layout)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink (San Marcos, TX).

Interview

role play at the end of the interview that everything is based on. Hired on the spot if you do good.
    The interviewer was at least 30 minutes late and you can't wait inside. So I was standing outside in the heat for 30 mins before the interview.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who set up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 20-30 minutes at which point they asked if I would meet for a second interview over coffee. About two hours before the coffee interview I was called by the recruiter and told that the position at Centurylink that I was interviewing for was no longer necessary and that Centurylink would no longer be hiring for the position.

Channel Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Anderson, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

The questions were written by a 12 year old. They made no sense. Even the person asking the questions could not explain what is was about.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Family friend recommended I apply online for the opening. Felt I had met the requirements. Went to the in-person interview and had already been scheduled for a phone interview with Directors the following week. In-Person interview went well but when it got to the day of the phone interview, I was called and told it had to be cancelled because someone was out of town. I was told nothing else and have not been called back since. The job was then listed as filled.

IT Operations Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Applied online via their career website, felt my experience matched the opportunity. Never got an email or voicemail about my application throughout the duration of the opening. Never was offered to an interview. Companies should contact job seekers on status (email/voicemail) if they are fit or not for the job opening.