CenturyLink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Senior Commercial Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Albuquerque, NM) in September 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview with a recruiter, then a sales test online, followed by an interesting in person panel interview. Asked to create a PowerPoint titled Why CenturyLink and sell them on their products. Got to the interview and had to call in and get passed the gate keeper, then proceed to pitch them via the PowerPoint. I was stretched quite a bit but it went well and the team played their roles well so they kept me on my toes.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking to leave your current role and company?   1 Answer

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2009.

Interview

State Examples of a time when....

Interview Questions

• State examples of a time when.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Accept/decline

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenturyLink in August 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 local managers at once. Laid back, comfortable approach. Asked about previous work experience. Interested in technical background. I believe the offer for outside technician was to get me in the door for advancement to central office when older employees retired.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2014.

Interview

Great company with outstanding positioning and corporate branding. If your mission is to be part of a large, well established company with deep resources backing the sales process this could be a great fit. Plenty of room to grow with excellent training and internal mentoring options. Excellent potential for geographic mobility as well since this company covers much of the US and is growing.

Interview Questions

• How would you anticipate letting go of your previous company culture?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent in application and resume, got a call the next day. went in and met with the manager. Very easy and flowed nicely, quick. I like to talk about myself so that wasn't a problem. The manager was a cool guy also so made me feel comfortable

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of a company   1 Answer

Policy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Monroe, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview Very easy, interviewer was very nice. I was honest and answered the questions to the best of my ability. I remained myself. She even joked around with me about sports teams. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions about telecom policy law   1 Answer

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I met them in a career fair. I applied online, then I email that person I met to let them know I have applied. Two days later they schedule a phone screening which was an hour long. After 3 weeks they invited me for a panel interview which was with two people and took an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for CenturyLink ?   Answer Question
    • What’s the most difficult decision you’ve made, and how did you come to that decision?   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment   Answer Question
    • Give A Time When You Went Above And Beyond The Requirements For A Project   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with your boss   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal work environment   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Technical INterview then Managerial Interview then HR.....Less Money Technical INterview then Managerial Interview then HR.....Less MoneyTechnical INterview then Managerial Interview then

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not Good

Lead Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Herndon, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very lengthy process that took 5 months to complete. I believe there may have been budgeting issues at the outset. Individual phone interviews and then group phone interviews.

Lead Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Monroe, LA) in February 2015.

Interview

Great interview. Completely open and very informative. they were willing to work with me on times and we're very flexible. Complete transparency on the position and what it entailed. Looking forward to follow up interview soon. the interview itself was very conversational and easy going.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenturyLink in November 2013.

Interview

I received one interview. It was a general interview and nice lady was very calm and easy to talk to. I thought the interview went very well. However, it has been 6 months and there has still been no answer if I have been accepted or decline the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were very generic and easy to answer. The only question that was different that any I've been asked before was, "If you could work anywhere in the world, where would it be?"   Answer Question