CenturyLink Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CenturyLink Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

They had us inside a room ,we were 10 in the room plus the 2 interviewees. The interviewees looked liked they already had their favorites and went here and got racism.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we should hire you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, LA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Monroe, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewers made you feel comfortable and the whole work place seemed very relaxed. Common interview questions asked by 2 managers in the call center. Received a return call on 06/21 stating I had been selected and I am now waiting on information for next steps.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO).

Interview

The process took over 4 weeks. I interviewed with the recruiter and 2 others, one interview each week. I never heard back from anyone. When talking with others they said this is normal for Century Link, they never call or email to let you know the status of anything. They will ignore all request and act very unprofessional about updates.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

New center opened and so they had a massive hiring process. I applied online and they called soon after and set up the interview. It was an easy process that was laid back with few, if any, difficult questions

Interview Questions

• Explain how you'd treat an angry customer   1 Answer

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

I met them in a career fair. I applied online, then I email that person I met to let them know I have applied. Two days later they schedule a phone screening which was an hour long. After 3 weeks they invited me for a panel interview which was with two people and took an hour.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

Typical sales interview. "Sell me this pen" type of stuff. They sit you in a conference room with one of the floor supervisors and ask you about yourself, your work experience, and then ask about sales experience.

Senior Global Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

I had two over the phone calls with the hiring manager. I offered to complete a 90 Day Action Plan which I provided to the hiring manager. Next I met with the hiring manager and also was interviewed by her colleague for a total of 1 1/2 hours. Was asked to meet with the hiring manager again during non-business hours at 7:15 P.M. to do a 45 minute role play call with the hiring manager and her boss. I was told that a decision would be made the following week, the next Friday rolled around and I requested an update on the status of the decision and a week later, still no response. I found out through another source that another candidate received an offer. After going through this process and experiencing the lack of reciprocal communication and effort that I gave for the role I applied for, I was very disappointed in the overall interview experience I had with CenturyLink. NOTE: at the time of this review sales hiring across the company is on hold due to the Level 3 acquisition that won't be formalized until later this year. A minum 60 days is what timeline I was given.

Interview Questions

• A role play scenario was provided where I had to pretend that I was meeting with a high level IT executive along with one of their direct reports. I had 45 minutes to conduct a first meeting interview/call to gain enough interest for a next follow up meeting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted within a business day from a corporate recruiter who set up a phone interview with me, it took about an 45-50 minutes. She said, she would like to move forward and the next step is an online IQ and personality test. Timed. Takes about an hour and a half and you only have 24 hours to complete it once they send it. Was told upon completion you should hear in one business day the next steps to the process and never heard from them again.

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Seattle, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks total. The first interview was with two engineer managers of various facilities. This was followed up by a final interview with some of the staff that I would be working with.

Interview Questions

• Have you dealt with an engineering project? What were some problems that came along?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you had to learn a completely new engineering concept to be able to carry out task(s).   Answer Question

Tech Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Des Moines, IA) in March 2017.

Interview

scripted questions - they used what seemed to be a corporate list of questions that they followed, maybe somewhat unique for a specific position - but almost entirely a very scripted interview