CenturyLink Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound Interview Questions | Glassdoor

CenturyLink Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

The hiring manager was very courteous and professional, It was quick simple and easy.Although the office area seemed a tad bit crammed I could tell they were clearly about their business and I can't wait to join their misfit of a team, I'll fit right in.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CenturyLink

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Johnson City, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

It was really easy. They e-mailed me immediately after I took the tests at home, the next day I had the phone interview, and the day after I had the face-to-face interview. Took about a week and a half for the drug test and background check, but everything was smooth sailing.

Interview Questions

• Basically about previous work experience and there is a role-playing part. Both are pretty easy.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I took two proficiency tests in the application process. One was for MS Word and Excel proficiency and general computer skills (typing speed, etc.), and the other was a basic reading, knowledge, etc. type of "STAR" test. Neither of them was very difficult and certainly should not pose a barrier to someone with a good high school education or college degree.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

I applied online and was given a skills and behavioral assessment. Once those were passed it took about 2 weeks for a call back from a manager who did a phone interview with me. Once he decided I was good enough, I came to the call center and took a computer skills test and spoke to the HR recruiter. He offered me the job instantly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Everyone starts as a 'temporary' employee at the same flat rate.

Anonymous Employee in La Crosse, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CenturyLink (La Crosse, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and took the online simulation and assessment. I got a call within 3 days. Went to the interview in person rather than over the phone. Fun fact I did not know at the time, you are interviewed by your future supervisor who hand picks your resume for their team. We did standard q&a, and there is a live roleplay for the job.

Interview Questions

• what's a time when you sold something to someone who was resistant?   1 Answer

Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CenturyLink in October 2014.

Interview

I've only done the primary online application and the test run with the 3 customers took 30 min haven't heard from them yet it was about a 2 hour process

Interview Questions

• Which of the packages is correct?   1 Answer

Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CenturyLink.

Interview

3 step interview process. 1: Written battery of tests similar to ACT or SAT. 2. Sales aptitude. You are given 20 minutes to review a fictitious company and take incoming calls for 30 minutes. This was the most fun as at least one caller was responsive to add on sales, but at least one was an angry customer dissatisfied with past services. If handled correctly, even the angry customer was open to buying more. 3. Phone interview that is more like a psych test than an interview.

Interview Questions

• If you were a tree, what kind would you be and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Union position. Here's the offer, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Took some assessments and then had an interview with the sales supervisor and described my experience in sales and customer service, also had to name a couple of scenarios of what would you do if questions

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were challenged with a customer and how did it affect your company with the actions you took?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CenturyLink (San Marcos, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

I met a CenturyLink recruiter thru a job fair on campus at Texas State University and from there went to their online site to put in the application. This took roughly an hour and a half, combining the assessments as well as the personality question testing.

I followed up roughly 4 days later after allowing the weekend to pass and called the recruiter who did an initial phone interview which passed. Afterward, I initially setup a 1 on 1 interview with the hiring manager, which later had to be rescheduled due to a scheduling conflict.

Once the interview day came, it was the usual STAR format so make sure to be detailed in your responses, which draw on your previous experience on Situation, Task at hand, and Response. If you do well on that portion, you have to do a role play with the interviewer which consists of selling a CenturyLink product based on a scenario which will be provided. And to my knowledge, you can assume anything you want. And I can't stress enough, TAKE ADVANTAGE of asking ANY and ALL questions before the roleplay if asked "Do you have any questions?"

The roleplay lasted roughly 10 minutes and afterward the interviewer told me he would be back in about 5 minutes, where he asked how I did and what I could have improved on. I was offered a conditional position pending a background check and a drug screening. From here, I should start the class on Dec 17th.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had an irate customer and what you did to diffuse the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, expectation was already set when I met with the recruiter at a job fair, and was reinforced by the hiring manager. Its $10.50/hr plus commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CenturyLink (San Marcos, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a group interviewing process with about 10 other people. Upon entering the waiting room I glanced into the office floor where sales and calls were being held, all employees were dressed in street clothing. By far CenturyLink was one of the most unprofessional interviews ive ever been on.

Interview Questions

My previous education did not fit the job description.