Ceridian Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 247 of over 247 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Ceridian (London, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

Great first contact, excellent friendly first interview with recruitment. Excellent 2nd interview with hiring manager, calm and relaxed, informal. Covered technical experience. Great final interview with Canadian VP and Senior Implementation manager.

Interview Questions
  • About some of my experiences from my CV.
    Answer Question
  • Situation questions. how would you handle...
  • personal interests

Ceridian

Application

I interviewed at Ceridian

Interview

Pretty good interview process but the recruiters take a long time to get back to you and will ghost you. Pretty simple behavioral questions asked in the interview and will need to know SQL.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ceridian

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ceridian

Interview

I applied online. A few days later, I received an email from an HR person to set up the first call. The first call was with a design leader consultant that is helping recruit the first hires. Unfortunately, the first interview has been the worst interview I have had. So bad, that made me write a review. I was disappointed to encounter this kind of experience in a human resources software company and a role like this. The interviewer was condescending, judgemental, diminishing and minimized my entire experience. In addition to that, the interviewer took the time to sell me and rub on my face a book he has written. After a few days of trying to process the worst interview experience and not letting that take over my job hunting, I received an email from HR asking how the experience was. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and agreed to move to the next step of the process; thinking the first interviewer will not be the hiring manager, I wanted to see how the team was. The next step was a presentation with a panel with some people from the team. One of the senior designers still had a condescending tone and asked many leading questions during the 1:1; he even rolled his eyes. Another person, who was supposed to do a 1:1 about cross-functional collaboration after the presentation, didn't show up. I was sitting there waiting for the interviewer for 15 min I had to ask if he was coming or not. Not even an apology. The HR person, the rest of the panel (3) and 1:1s were better, and they were more experienced interviewers, but unfortunately, the impression I took from the company was not positive.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Ceridian

Application

I interviewed at Ceridian

Interview

The interview process at Ceridian is extremely thorough and thoughtful. Each person was very professional and engaged. The Ceridian staff make you feel empowered to give you confidence and convey your ideas effectively. The key is to be yourself and leave fear behind.

Interview Questions
  • Interview questions consisted of OOP and LeetCode questions.

Ceridian

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ceridian in Mar 2021

Interview

The process was absolutely brutal. Here's how it goes: 1. Interview with Ceridian recruiter (who sounded extremely rushed). The conversation lasted maybe 10 minutes and she was not friendly, and sounded very rushed 2. Technical Interview - Some random developer somewhere in the world will ask you extremely in depth questions about tech. You're not allowed to Google anything. Based on how you perform on the technical interview, they consider you for a role. Eg. If you fail all the web stuff, but do great on the desktop stuff, you'll be an SD. If you do great on web, bad on OOP stuff, you'll do web. But it is not a personable interview. No questions were asked pertaining to my projects or what I actually worked on. I did not pass the 2nd interview. It was honestly quite brutal in that it was almost 2 HOURS LONG!!!! This was by far the worst technical interview I have ever done. They ask extremely in depth about technical concepts that normally, you would just google on the job. If you bring up a term, they ask you to explain it, which is fair. But then they ask you more in depth questions on it like how it actually works in memory. What happens with memory, what happens compared to another operation. How does this language handle it vs this language. How does it relate to this other concept. Some of these are fair, some of them I had to do a double take if I was interviewing for a Senior role by accident. While I think it's fair to ask someone to explain a concept, I don't think its fair to expect people with less than 3 years of experience have the same knowledge of a Senior Dev, or ask things so specifically that normally on a job you would Google anyways. 99% of the answers you need to lookup the documentation and I don't think would be related to the real job. I don't think the interview properly assesses a developers skills. I was absolutely drained 30 minutes in after explaining a simple concept, then continuously asked to explain it on deeper and deeper levels each time. Luckily had an offer from somewhere else come through, but man I would never interview with them again. I almost prefer a coding assignment compared to this.

Interview Questions
  • Have you heard of "X" concept? Explain it. Now what happens on a deeper level. What's the difference between "X" concept and "Y". How would this best be used? You mention using "Z" concept just now, explain it. "How does it work in relation to X concept". "What about in memory" "What about in this situation, or that" "How would it behave in this situation" Be careful what you bring up. If you bring it up, you will be asked about it. If you explain a concept with out bringing up the term, they'll ask you what the name of that concept is. Read other reviews on here, the technical concepts are very similar almost 1 to 1. But again, anything you bring up will be asked

Ceridian

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Ceridian

Interview

Zoom interview conducted by a manager and a software developer. The first part is a technical interview where a range of questions are asked including OOP, web application, unit test, integration test, big O notation and some algorithm design questions. The second part focuses on behaviour questions including describing how you overcame a roadblock in your recent coding project etc. Finally, they asked me if I have any questions for them.

Interview Questions
  • Questions related to OOP such as what is polymorphism what is an interface what is the difference between an abstract class and an interface

Ceridian

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ceridian

Interview

The interview format was a video interview with two interviewers. The interview consisted of behavioural questions as well as somewhat of a technical component to analyze your thought process in regard to software testing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Ceridian (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2021

Interview

Totally 4 rounds. Got selected in 3 different rounds and was finally asked to appear for the manager round and after it, no response from HR :( HR's should be ethical and try to respond to the candidate with feedback. Please do some justice for the time spent on the process.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2021

Interview

first screen phone call with the HR, then after more than 10 days an interview with two technical people. very straight forward OOP questions but very long interview. did not have any time to ask any questions. Most of the question not suites a leader position. felt undervalued questions to such a position Took another 10 days to reply and with a pre-saved email. I took this as a delayed response which I did not like. r

Interview Questions
  • Talk about your experience OOP questions SOLID Memory Storages
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ceridian (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2021

Interview

Fantastic process that transitioned rather quickly and was kept informed by the recruiter at all times in the process. Company seems to employ professional recruiters who know how to manage the interview experience and keep you up to date on where you stand. Similarly when I met the hiring manager it was a thorough interview and I felt I had the chance to highlight my skills and experience

Interview Questions
  • Quite a few examples around how I had handled customer experiences in the past

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ceridian (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied through a job posting in LinkedIn, got contacted by a recruiter. First Interview was a phone call with a recruiter and asked general questions about past experiences, resume content, skills. Second Interview was technical phone interview. Interviewer asked a lot of questions to assess overall skills in the different technologies. The aim of the interview is to see where your strengths are and from there they will assess what role/s will be a good fit for you as they currently have a lot of openings. Third and last interview was a video call with dev lead, senior dev and manager. It was a coding interview where I had to solve 2 coding problems and explain. Overall process from first contact to job offer took more than a month.

Interview Questions
  • Javascript concepts, React concepts, SQL, What is Dependency Injection. Coding problem that uses recursion.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 247 Interviews