Ceridian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 1, 2018

2.8

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Fountain Valley, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I received a response from Sue Svetkovich scheduling my first telephonic round. So, during this round I was asked about my work experience and few other general questions. I was then asked to schedule for the second telephonic round(approx. 60mins) for which I was interviewed by a Sr. Application Analyst. He tested me in three areas: technical(10-12 questions), trouble-shooting(5-7 questions)and customer-facing scenarios(3-5 questions).Later I got a response that they were impressed with my technical skills and that there weren’t any red flags, and have asked me to schedule for the last round which is an onsite interview. As it wasn’t possible for me to travel, the interview was conducted over the phone. It lasted for 60minutes where I was interviewed by two managers. In this round, I was asked few technical questions and a lot of customer-facing scenarios. Later, I got a response from the HR saying that I wasn’t selected because I did not have enough customer facing exposure. It was totally unexpected and disappointing, but I did not want to give up, so I contacted Sue, hoping to find out if they could conduct another round of interview to test my skills.
    And here comes the twist of the tale, she considered my request and successfully set up another interview session with the Senior Managers. She is approachable and despite her busy schedule, she is very prompt in responding or providing updates. Meanwhile, I tried to assess my answers I have given in the previous round and corrected my mistakes and prepared well. This was a telephonic round and lasted for apprx.45 mins where I was given few customers facing scenarios and was asked how I would handle such situations. After it ended, I was confident that it went well, and I received a response saying that I had been accepted for this position. The overall experience was great and the interviewers at each stage were amazing and always made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions: basic SQL questions. w3schools.com can be a good source to brush up your basics.
      Trouble shooting questions: there are no correct answers for this section but they would test you on how you would identify the cause of a problem and the kind of solution you can come up with. (Tip: Be inquisitive and try to ask more questions to identify the cause of the prob).Try to have a basic trouble shooting technique and you can apply this for any kind of problem.
      Customer-facing scenarios: They want to see how you would handle situations under pressure, how well you can handle a problem by aligning to the company's values or how can you explain some technical concepts to a non technical person in layman's terms.   Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ceridian (San Luis Obispo, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I had a couple of short phone calls with recruiters and then a preliminary call with the hiring manager. After that, I spoke to a couple of potential colleagues and then rounded out with another interview with the hiring manager and an executive. It was all relevant and friendly. I felt valued every step of the process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all relevant to my experience and what I could bring to Ceridian. There were no "trick" questions.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Professional, very conversational. They didn't ask any questions that were hard - it was just really finding out why I wanted the job, what my skills were and how they could be applied.

Interview Questions

• Why Ceridian? Why do you want to leave your current job for this one?   Answer Question

Applications Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian in November 2017.

Interview

I received an email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. This interview included general questions and more information about the company. Next, I had a 45 minute technical phone interview. If you are successful with the technical interview you will be scheduled for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about yourself, formulating SQL queries, and situational support questions.   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

Brief, friendly phone interview with Talent Acquisition representative.
    Medium length phone interview with Hiring Manager.
    In-person interview with Hiring Manager. Excellent site visit and interview process.
    The staff at Ceridian are professional, friendly, thorough, detailed and make their candidate feel very comfortable. They make the environment an easy one in which to provide them with the information they and you need to determine if they and you are the best fit for the job. I believe this is why they have such a great rating on Glassdoor.com.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experience in X field.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a Ceridian recruiter. The process took one month. I had five interviews, all phone except the last. First interview was with a Ceridian recruiter, basic questions confirming skills and background. Second interview was with a PM working on the team and was more informational. Third interview was with the actual manager of the department, more detailed interview and questions were pertaining to my experience in project management. Fourth interview was with the actual team of four employees, this was back and forth questions about my experience and their work environment. Fifth interview was in person with the VP of the group, he was very open and honest about the job expectations and allowed me to speak to my experience and how it fits with the company culture. I found everyone to be very warm and honest about what was being expected in the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian in September 2017.

Interview

Very smooth and easy experience. One short phone conversation with Recuriter. Second, technical phone interview with team lead and lastly, one F2F interview. Last one was just getting to know each other and job reponsibilites.

Data Entry Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ceridian (Fountain Valley, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very lengthy, asked a lot of questions, many of which seemed irrelevant. Didn't get a clear picture of the job duties. Many other questions, such as what I did not like about my previous positions. I have a solid and lengthy relevant work history. I left feeling confused and frustrated. The position has been open for weeks now and they are still interviewing. Pay was poor compared to the market and the duties required, which were not stipulated well in the job description.

Interview Questions

• How I would manage others. The position was not managerial in nature.   2 Answers

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Excellent, people get involved and are personable, comfortable while still hitting the important points. Great email follow up and updates on your application too. They let you know you are important, in consideration, what next steps are, etc.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview by HR, phone interview by direct manager, followed then in-person interview by direct manager. It was quite a long time ago, not sure how relevant my experience is now to their process for interviewing.