Ceridian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Saint Petersburg, FL) in July 2019.

Interview

The first Call is from the recruiter. They ask simple questions, nothing to worry about here. After the initial phone call they set you up for a technical interview. The technical interview split up into 3 sections.
    1. SQL Questions, IE What is a priamry/foriegn key, what is a join, they ask you to use a join.
    2. Technical questions/Trouble shooting
    3. Customer facing questions
    The last part of the interview process is a face to face interview. This was more casual and they asked customer facing questions but nothing too difficult. Asked simple questions such as what are you weakness, greatest strengths, what would your last boss say was your greatest strengths, how has your day been, why are you leaving your current position. It was a weird interview and it seemed as though they were just trying to see if I would fit culturally and not if I could do the job.
    In my situation, after a week they did not move forward with me. I called my recruiter Sue and she was able to set up another interview with another team and manager. I was able to skip the first two parts of the process and go straight to the last interview.
    This interview was over the phone and was much different than my in person interview. The questions only came from one manager that was based in Canada and he asked these questions.
    1. how would you describe "the cloud" to a 4 year old or a customer.
    2. What is the difference between a join and a Union.
    3. Gave me a situation to use a Join or union.
    4. Is the customer always right?

It seemed as though the first team I interviewed for was less of a technical team than the second team based in Canada. even though it was for the same position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the cloud to a non-technical customer?   Answer Question
    • What would your last boss say was your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a union and a join?   Answer Question
    • Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied via job site and was contacted by recruiter, two days later. Process was smooth and I was informed every step of the way on what to expect next. From submitting app to offer, took approximately 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with SQL?   1 Answer
    • How many projects are you tasked with each quarter?   1 Answer

Technical Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Overland Park, KS) in December 2019.

Interview

The interviewing process was 2 phases: 1st phone interview with the recruiter to discuss my resume and current position, as well as discuss details of the open position. Once you pass that, the recruiter will schedule a 2nd phone interview for a technical assessment. However, my recruiter failed to provide any information regarding the level of questioning or what to expect. The Microsoft SQL proficiency they're seeking was never communicated properly, and as a result, I was not selected for the 3rd phase/final interview. The recruiter also handed off the task of scheduling the technical interview to someone else, who didn't list the correct job title either. It was extremely confusing and misleading, and I felt like my time was wasted.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe a firewall to someone who has never used a computer before?   Answer Question
    • What is a join statement? Can you write out a join statement?   Answer Question
    • What is a primary key? What is a foreign key?   Answer Question

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Orlando, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

Call with the recruiter to see if I was interested in the position. They told about the position and why Ceridian is a great place to work. Unlimited time off is attractive.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Atlanta, GA) in October 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out first. Then set up a phone interview with manager. This was set for 30 mins. Standard questions. Nothing difficult or out of the blue. The interviewer was courteous. I did not get past this stage.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, not professional.   1 Answer

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ceridian in September 2019.

Interview

I only made it to the phone interview, which was extremely extremely laid back and unprofessional. She seemed extremely promising and even offered to put my application for several positions but then they decided to move forward with a different candidate

Interview Questions

• What are your salary requirements   1 Answer

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Alpharetta, GA) in July 2019.

Interview

The process was weeks long I had 4 interviews one I came in person to be interviewed through Skype. The Last interview the interviewer did not seem like he cared about anything. He asked me to tell him who all I met and I did not know I had interviewed there for the last 3 weeks. I told him I could pull up that info and let him know but he told me no need then dinged me for it. The interviewers also told me to get ready for 16 hour days and working late Friday and through the weekends regularly. I was then told that the team dynamic is one where everyone is too busy to answer questions so you need to figure out everything with little to no help because ques are too filled. I was overly qualified for the job but going through my resume and answering the same questions was ridiculous. Obviously this company does not know how to communicate. They want you to dress up.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I had 5 interviews.

The first was with the recruiter. Very basic, tell me about your background, how much are you willing to travel, and salary requirements.

I then met with the hiring manager. That interview went well. It lasted an hour and consisted of basic “interview” questions you’ll find on any google search engine.

It was then requested that I provide writing samples to the recruiter. I spent about 30 minutes drafting samples per her request and emailing them to her.

The next interview was with a peer. This one was awful. He opened the conversation with, “This is how we’re going to do this. I ask the questions, you give me answers. Then, if there’s time at the end, I’ll take a few questions from you.” The interview was uncomfortable and painful to get through. The questions were very scripted, difficult, and left zero room for any conversation or elaboration.

After this, I was told to go online and spend 90 minutes taking a personality assessment for HR. It was a multiple choice questionnaire that consisted of questions like, “I am most motivated by: a- career growth b- money c- personal challenges d- I am not motivated.

A week later, I had a meeting with another manager, then a director. Both of these interviews were, again, a scripted listed of questions you would find on a google search. Followed by a wrench thrown into the finale with questions such as, “what was the last book you read?” and “when was the last time you were embarrassed” and “Tell me about the best vacation you’ve ever taken.”

Overall, the interview process left A LOT to be desired. It doesn’t seem like anyone really knows how to interview candidates. I spent a lot of my time on this and then I was ghosted. No one responded to my follow up emails. The recruiter never responded to anything I sent, asking for updates, expressing my continued interest in roles.

Ceridian software is great and it seems like a good company where you can contribute your knowledge as well as learn a lot, but the interviews plus the ghosting gives it a ring of being a very unprofessional place.

My advice? Don’t waste candidate’s valuable time requesting writing samples and personality assessments on top of 5 interviews if you aren’t even planning to let them know that you have gone with someone else for whatever reason.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background
      What is your favorite project management methodology and why
      Tell me what you do when someone on your team isn't pulling their weight
      What is the difference between a risk and an issue
      What is the last book you read
      How do you stay organized   Answer Question

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Bloomington, MN) in May 2019.

Interview

I started off by receiving a call from a Senior Recruiter. It was mostly a nice chat to get a feel of who you are and very basic questions. About a 30 minute call.

Next, I was asked to fill out an email questionnaire filled with some behavioral questions and more information about yourself. Following that, there was also an online Talent Plus Strength based interview. This is simple as it just requires you to rate how you would handle a situation and is sort of like a personality test. It takes about an hour to complete.

After the online things are done, I had a technical interview over the phone with a Senior Application Specialist two days later. These were pretty basic SQL questions for the first 15 minutes. Then there were more behavioral questions for the next 15 minutes. The final 15 minutes was troubleshooting questions and how you would act in certain situations.

After the technical phone interview, I had a phone interview with a Customer Support Manager. This lasted about an hour and contained many customer service related questions.

Normally, there would be an onsite interview following this, but I needed the process to be expedited due to a time sensitive offer from another company. Ceridian worked it out with me to have two more phone calls instead of coming onsite for an interview (which would have been a couple weeks later).

The two final calls were from a Senior Manager and then a Director of Ceridian. The first one lasted about an hour while the second only lasted 30 minutes. Both calls asked questions regarding why I would make a good fit for the company and allowed the higher-ups to get a feel for the person they may possibly employ.

About 2 days later, I received a generous job offer from Ceridian and had an extremely positive experience throughout the entire process. The senior recruiter, Sue Svetkovich helped me greatly, especially when I was under pressure from another company. She was able to work with me and make the process go extremely smooth. She was able to answer my questions as soon as I would ask them.

Everyone I talked to at this company so far have been very respectful, upbeat, nice, and a pleasure to talk to.

Technical Consultant Interview

Interview

I have not had a good experience. I initially applied for a different position and the day of the phone interview the recruiter called and advised me that the job had been offered to someone internal, so i never got the chance the interview. A month later I applied to the technical consultant role and the day of my phone interview, i never received a call at the proposed time. I tried calling and emailing the recruiter numerous times and never received a call or email response. This is very unprofessional.