Ceridian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ceridian Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.8

Finance Manager Interview

Interview

Fairly straight forward with recruiter asking questions and then multiple interviews. Interviews were timely and questions were simple and straight. No panel interviews. there were 2 first round interviews and one in the final round

Major Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Seamless from beginning to end. I was an employee referral and was contacted by the hiring manager the following day. Went in to speak to the hiring manager face to face, spoke to a sales rep on the team face to face, spoke to the recruiter over the phone and had a final interview with the VP of sales over the phone. Lasted a total of about two weeks from start to finish. Overall everyone seemed to communicate with each other and asked different questions throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Number based questions for sales roles: ie. where did you finish, quota attainment, awards achieved, average number of deals.

1. knowing the role and company, what do you see being a challenge for you?
      Answer Question

Major Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ceridian (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

This is your typical multi-step interview process in which you will have phone screenings, one-on-one interviews with manager and VP, manager peer interviews and a presentation requirement in order to get hired. As expected it's important to be prompt dressed professionally and prepared with questions, proof points of your past success, and some small talk to engage your interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain why I would be a good fit for the position. What in my background and past work experience should lead my interviewer to believe that I would succeed in the role?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation is possible, however a past verifiable record of earnings is required in order to improve the salary offer.

Applications Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ceridian (Fountain Valley, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I got call from recruiter "Kforce" and they think i can be fit , i got call from Ceridian HR and she did phone interview and she like to get next step technical interview i got phone interview from Canada for 40 mins ask for SQL , and i got feed back from HR i will get next step with manger from Atlanta and he didn't ask me specific questions or technical and i never hear from them and i got call from "Kforce" recruiter told my they move with another one because you have bad commutation skills

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

Online application followed by phone screen, manager interview (skype), and peer (phone) interview. Due to reorg, also spoke briefly with VP and had (in person) interview with Director, whom will report to. The interviews via phone and skype were relaxed and a good experience. The one in person was more confusing as to how it went and was more intense than the others.

Interview Questions

• Soft skills are critical to success in the role, explain how you handle items.   1 Answer
    • Being proactive is another success factor in the role, describe how you show this trait.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you get an offer, get everything in writing before accepting the offer. I have found they promise more than they actually will give (with regards to time off) as well as pay below market rate for experience in field/industry. (For example with 7 years industry experience and 9 years field experience, plus degrees/certifications in my city, according to Kinexa my offer was $15-20K below the market rate (aka average for the range.)) When asking for various minor things - such as cell phone reimbursement or professional annual dues they also won't include that in the offer. They don't negotiate - you either take the offer as is or walk. There is a noncompete included in the pre-employment paperwork.

Tax Resolution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Fountain Valley, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position on line (referral) about two days later i was contacted by a recruiter and asked why i wanted a career change. She said she will forward my information to the hiring manager and that she would call me back. The very next day I got a call to schedule the interview and had my interview the very next day. I was interviewed by two people and i was only asked 7 questions. they told me that the recruiter would contact me in two weeks if I was chosen for the position. In exactly 1 week and 2 days I was contacted by the recruiter with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about your current position? What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Easygoing phone call screening and then an in-person with a manager and a co-worker. Overall, pretty conversational and friendly. I suppose it depends on who you interview with and the department. Seems like a good company to work for as the people were friendly and cordial.

Interview Questions

• Why Ceridian
      Tell me about yourself
      Tell me about a time....(situational/behavioral)
      Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ceridian (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Informational and not very well structured. The hiring manager did most of the talking and left no room at the end for me to answer questions. I had to go to the bathroom so bad, but did not want to interupt the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation that made you uncomfortable and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ceridian (Saint Petersburg, FL).

Interview

Two interviews, peer interview went well. Meet with Sr. Ma Manager. Not too hard to get a job. However, no good management more about friends than work ethics and results.

Project Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ceridian.

Interview

Applied online and had an HR interview within 2 weeks. Followed by a manager interview 2 weeks after. About an hour each. Typical questions were asked by both. HR interview was a bit awkward as the lady was flipping through notes of her scripted questions and you can hear her typing what sounded like your answers verbatim.

Interview Questions

• Experience level, professional aspirations, 5 weaknesses, 5 strengths, "why should I hire you?", computer skills   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were limited, but definitely mention what you would accept