Cerner Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Had phone interview, then had 3 back to back interviews with different team members. All interviews were informational about position and had a few behavior questions. Overall the process was relaxing during the interviews and they were very accommodating.

Interview Questions

• What from your past would assist you in this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

First theres a phone interview then two separate in person interview with two people. There were a lot of behavioral questions, which involved a lot of a lot of the same sounding questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Very complex. They interview you multiple times and force you to change your desired position to fit their needs. Requires 60 hour work weeks and pays you for 40. Company has a reputation for heavy workload and low pay.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel full time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application and was contacted by email 2 days later to set up a phone interview. After the phone screening I was invited to interview in person during and Experience Cerner Day. There was a presentation to about 8 of us about the position and then we each had 2 one on one 30 minute interviews. I was contacted exactly a week later. Although there was positive feed back from my interview I didn't have the skills they were looking for in this position but they set up an interview for a Professional Services Consultant position instead.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral/situational questions. Looking for specific examples with skills such as decision making   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

We began with a casual night out and tour of Kansas City. Next morning they gave us a tour of the very nice campus and then they began interview process. @ different interviews one on one. Very laid back. Encouraged me to ask them a lot of questions that I had as well. Not very hard and nothing technical. All situation based.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you have ran into a problem that you couldn't easily solve. How did you solve it and were you successful?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Very constructive interview process-- initial recruiter interviewed for one position, but over the course of the interview felt that two other positions would be more challenging and interesting to me. She not only recommended that I apply, she also personally pressed others in the organization to interview me and strongly recommended me for the hire.

The process was very quick once it started-- I had one phone interview, a week later they flew me out and I had two more, and a job offer came the next business day. I was also very pleased that within each of my interviews, the interviewers reflected on my fit with the position while still in the interview. At the time I was seeking another position with another company, and I was completely swayed to Cerner by the visible interest each person took in learning my story and fitting me into the organization.

Interview Questions

• How proficient are you with Excel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple negotiation. In my initial interview, they asked about salary requirements. I told them I knew how the process works, and that my salary would fall into the range that HR had identified as appropriate for the position, so I was flexible within the range. I gave them a "too low to consider" ballpark. When the offer came in, they offered well above the minimum I had given and didn't try to low-ball me. I accepted their initial offer, as it was within the target range I had identified for myself in advance.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2011.

Interview

Interview methodology is STAR (Situation, Action, Result). Behavioral question asked, to be successful, define the situation, the action you took, and the result of the action. You will interview with multiple people from throughout the company, generally 3-4 associates, each covering a different interview 'theme'. They are generally nice and are easy to talk with - answer questions well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker and how you resolved the conflict.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR and within two days I was called for interview.Then I had a Pearson Test followed by two technical rounds.!st round was introductory round and some questions related to data warehousing and excel formulas and my previous analytic experience was asked.Second round was about of 1.5 hour where in detail my previous statistical work was discussed.

Interview Questions

• 1. Business Cases
      2. If I am a decision maker and wants to choose between Dell and Lenovo Laptops for my firm,then what are the things I would look upon and how will I deal with Business Requirements
      Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

Interview went smoothly. Interviewer seemed a bit strange.
    The questions asked were mostly based upon database management systems basics and some problem solving techniques. Overall the interview experience was decent and took around half an hour. The interviewer was particularly interested in the projects that the candidates had done

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Chennai (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

the process two days
    first there was an aptitude test and followed by ana hr round and late there was technical round who cleared the first tech round there was a second round of technical round and by the end of the day they announced the name of the people who gotselected in to the company