Cerner Business Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Business Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I approached a Cerner Recruiter at a career fair at my school in February. A few days after the career fair I was contacted because they wanted me to come to KC for "Experience Cerner" Day. I accepted and went to KC for it almost a month later. They paid for my gas, put me in an expensive hotel on the plaza, and took us all out to dinner the night before. It was very fun and comfortable. The next day we went to WHQ and listened to a presentation for an hour. Then we had 2, 30 minute 1 on 1interviews. All of the questions were STAR based and very easy. Extremely easy going and fun to talk to. They said I would find out in 2 weeks or less if I got the job and I found out 5 days later. I did a background check and a drug test yesterday.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you excelled at something you didn't enjoy?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a first interview over the phone. The lady was very nice and respectful. She asked a few behavior type interview questions. No technical questions. Make sure to ask questions. Interviewers don't like it when you don't ask questions at the end of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Time where you were doing something incorrect at work. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner in February 2017.

Interview

Did not get hired but submitted everything online and they got back to me within 2 days. It was very professional and it helped to get feedback from the company instead of being left in the dark.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few weeks later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about half an hour and covered the basics: "Tell me about a time when you..." At the end there was time for a few of my questions. When I was done with my questions he told me that they wanted to have me come down for their Experience Cerner Day in Kansas City. They put me up in a hotel in the Power and Light District with some of the other candidates and the interview was the next morning. They drove all of us over to the world headquarters where we had a short presentation of the Ops Academy(the business consultant training program), followed by two interviews and a company tour. The interviews were conducted by current employees on teams that you could potentially work on. They encourage you to use the STAR method and will ask questions along the way if you aren't clear enough during you story. Neither of the interviews was too challenging as long as you have experience to draw from. After the tour they bring you back into the conference room to go over any final questions, hand out reimbursement for gas and food in the form of a Visa gift card, and tell you about the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to express an unpopular opinion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a very pleasant and laid back experience. It began with a recruiter contacting me for a phone interview. The phone interview is largely just ensuring that you can effectively communicate with someone. The questions were largely behavioral or focused around why you want to work for Cerner. It is a great opportunity to impress them with research about the company. It concludes with the recruiter giving you more information about Cerner and the role.

Next comes the on-campus interview, which for me involved interviewing with two associates who had come up through the Business Consultant program. Both were extremely conversational interviews which involved some scripted questions, but allowed for a great amount of interaction as well. All of the questions were your standard behavioral interview questions. I was also given a tour of the campus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through company website, found out about it through both LinkedIn and friends. The process took 4-6 weeks. Had a quick phone interview with a recruiter (who was awesome!!!), then I interviewed at Cerner in January 2017 where they invited me to “Experience Cerner Day” of which they paid for me to fly to their HQ in Kansas City (they were very flexible with my college schedule, and even allowed me to extend my stay in KC by a few days). After the presentations, we had two 1:1 interview lasting 30 minutes each.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online through my college's career website. Was invited to a quick phone screen with a recruiter, then to an "experience cerner" day (they're happy to work with you and schedule remote interviews if you can't attend in person though). Interviews were easy, two interviews that were all behavioral based (make sure you have enough stories).

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral. I was called within a few days to set up phone interview. The phone interview was very relaxed and just went over my work history and a few "what would you do in this situation" type of questions. At the end of the interview, she asked me to come to headquarters for more interviews. Both interviewers were very friendly and easy to talk to and I felt very comfortable through this process. The next morning, I was called with a job offer. I would recommend being prepared for the interview questions that many have listed on glassdoor. I think being prepared for those questions made the interview go much smoother for me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you were innovative at work?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you experienced conflict at work and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cerner in June 2016.

Interview

Got a phone interview through an employee referral. Gave me a 25 minute phone interview where they asked about my resume, previous and current job as well as 3-4 situational questions

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deliver bad information to a superior   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied through my college/university during a career fair that we were having. Two weeks later I was contacted back through a short phone interview, then was flown out to Kansas City for the interview. The company was a lot more than I was expecting, and the culture there was amazing. After, the interview I was flown back, and was told that I would hear back within 2 weeks about the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with someone you did not like?   1 Answer