Cerner Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

After I applied online in March 2017, 2 days later I got a phone call to set up a phone interview with a recruiter. The interview with the recruiter was about my resume, why I chose to apply at Cerner, and a behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to prioritize 2 tasks at once, and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Consultant Interview

Interview

xpect very functional questions during a screening interview. Often, interviewers at this stage are recruiters or hiring managers, not the manager for this position. Their goal is to create a shortlist of appropriate candidates, who will then continue on to the next interview.

Interviewers are looking to see if you have the necessary skills for the position and if your salary expectations match the budget allocated for the role. Typical questions during a screening interview include being asked to tell them about myself.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview where they ask you about 5 questions then if you pass that they will fly you to Kansas City and pay for your hotel for a night. After they show you the campus and give you free lunch, they have the interviews. You have two separate interview each about a hour long and one of them you have to give a ten minute presentation.

Interview Questions

• Basically were all situational question, tell me a time when you had a group project and ____ happens (fill in the blank). How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Interview with two managers. Straight forward questions asked. You can Google behavioral questions. Make sure you know about the company and can speak about what is currently happening with the company, it will make you look engaged. Have questions ready to ask about the company/position.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. Name a time when.... Easy and straight forward. Have plenty of examples of things you have done/overcome/excelled etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, you can negotiate. Fast turnaround on negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Flew out to Kansas City to see the city and go to the campus
    Had a couple interviews back to back at the HQ
    Met the recruiter to go over any additional questions

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I met with two different interviewers for 30 minutes each and answered a series of basic questions about my experiences and qualifications. They asked a lot of about how I handle certain situations, to explain ways in which I have dealt with difficult co-workers or teammates, and other similar situation questions. The whole interview was very casual and both interviewers were extremely personable and took a genuine interest in me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to work with a difficult person and how did you handle working with them?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation in which you were the leader of a group and overcame a challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone Interview, In-Person Interview. Phone interview is easy. In-person interview is more involved. Primarily behavioral based questions. Usually interview with multiple people during the in-person interview. Don't sweat the phone interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very comfortable and warm environment in comparison to other interviews I have had, but perhaps it was because it was a Friday interview. There were two interviews, back-to-back, in a suggested hour time slot, given by two members of the company. The man and woman that walked through the door for each interview was as excited as they were business casual. Well it's technically "jeans casual" as they call it at Cerner. Every question given felt genuine, but challenging. I did feel like my performance was at its strongest when the interviewers would engage in the dialogue and add their own pieces of information to the conversation. When offered to ask a question, I inquired about the feeling of work-balance felt by each interviewer. Both invested in personal stories involving their early adulthood, their loved ones, and families now. Overall, it was an eye-opening experience that led to an email with an offer only three days after, claiming the offer would have been announced sooner if it had not been for an early dismissal for Thanksgiving Holiday. leaving no employees at their desks over the weekend.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2014.

Interview

Very professional and organized process. They excel at hiring and interviews.Starts with HR phone screening then phone interviews with management followed by a paid trip to Kansas City. Three managers conduct the interviews and then you present a powerpoint presentation on the subject of your choice to demonstrate public speaking skills.

Interview Questions

• I believe the equipment was purposely tampered with during the presentation to assess coping skills under stressful situations.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations were very professional and successful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

They had a reception and info session in the morning followed by two back to back 30 min interviews. Each interviewer had the same list of questions to ask, nothing too out of the norm.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. I felt one interviewer wanted to know more about me personally rather than what was exactly on the sheet   Answer Question

I was not confident i wanted to work there and I was not overly thrilled with the salary offered