Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 22, 2016

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked to fly out to Experience Cerner. The campus was nice and Cerner has a great culture. As a senior in college, I felt the questions were a little tough but the presentation was easy going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to implement a new idea to someone   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in November 2015.

Interview

After my pre-screening, I was told to contact the recruiter to schedule my virtual interview. However, I wasn't getting any response from anyone I contacted. After about 10 days, the recruiter finally called me to schedule the virtual interview. The 1 on 1 interview was simple. I talked to two current employees and they only asked behavioral questions. Then I was asked to give a 10-15 minute presentation on any topic of my choice. It was taking me a while to hear back so I tried contacting my recruiter and he was very unresponsive. He rarely ever replied to my phone calls or e-mails. I finally received an offer letter through e-mail at 11pm on a Sunday night about 4 weeks after my virtual interview. I felt that this interview process was very chaotic on their end and they were unprofessional about a lot of things. I ended up getting a better offer somewhere else so I declined this offer.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Very easy. One phone interview with an immediate invitation for an onsite interview the next week. Found out decision about 2 weeks later. I even forgot to fill out part of the application and still got job.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tell us about a time questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have too many people they can hire so they have no need to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview for a general screening. After this phone interview, I was referred to the a more senior recruiter for a formal phone interview. Upon passing that, I was invited for an on-site interview. Cerner did a city-wide tour as well as a dinner with current employees. On-site interview consisted of touring the campus, and 1:1 interviews with 2 current employees. There was a presentation portion which you can present on any topic. All questions were behavioral. After the interview, I received an offer within 4 biz days. Very quick and professional HR team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on where things did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. Behavioral questions and then a visit on site. It went very quickly and I had it over lunch. I talked about my past experiences. I was then invited on site where they asked behavioral based questions. Was offered the job within 3 weeks.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I applied online with a submission of a resume and cover letter. I got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview 2 days later. Phone interview with the recruiter was really easy going. The recruiter allowed me to answer any questions I had and answered all of them. At the end of phone interview, I was invited to experience Cerner day. (Will update after I attend).

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the website. A recruiter contacted me via email on the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of some situational questions and a lot of applying prior experience to this job. At the end of the interview, the recruiter informed me that they were going to send me some information regarding "Experience Cerner Day." Upon reading the information and filling out some more questions, I selected an Experience Cerner Day (which is always on a Fridays). They flew me out to KC on a Thursday afternoon and have you stay in a hotel in downtown. The next day another recruiter comes on a bus to pick up all of the applicants in the hotel lobby, and they give you a small tour of KC. The final step is when they take you to Cerner World Headquarters in North Kansas City where they give an overview of the position, then you go through 2 interviews back to back that last 30 minutes apiece with 2 different Cerner associates. After the interview they have about a 30 minute Q&A with 2 associates who have gone through this process and worked for Cerner for at least a year. This part was informal and doesn't necessarily count against you in the process if you don't have any questions, but there was some valuable information exchanged during this time. After that they take you back to the airport if you flew in, or they take you back to your car at the hotel if you drove there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation at work / school when the outcome didn't come out as planned.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

They were your basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. They just wanted to get to know you and see where you career interests and goals were. It was all very easygoing and professional.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by a full day of interviews at the Cerner campus in Kansas City. At the campus there were three interviews. There was also a dinner the night before the interviews.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

Submit cover letter and resume with application; college campus interview / phone interview; on-Cerner-campus interview with behavioral interview focus Offered a position and salary within 2 weeks. Given a couple weeks to decide and choose start date that works well with current employment / plans.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you disagreed with a policy or decision by a superior and what you did.   Answer Question