Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

2.8

62 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY).

Interview

You first go over a phone interview if it goes well you get invited for Three interviews in Kansas City, one of which will be behavioral and the second is purely technical. You will meet with three different people who will talk among themselves to decide whether you get the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

First there will usually be a phone interview, then people they feel should move on will be invited on site to Cerner's World Head Quarter's in North Kansas City. There will usually be a group of people (not just 1 on 1). You will meet the first night for dinner (everyone meets in hotel lobby and goes together) - likely somewhere in Power and Light District or at the hotel restaurant. They will have current employees from Cerner join you for dinner so that you can ask them about their experiences and roles. But, do be aware that these people are there to help answer your questions, but they are also asked to report back about the people in the group. At the end of the dinner these people working for Cerner will stay after and discuss any red flags that came up. So, you'll still want to have normal business dinner manners, and really just act like a normal person and you will be fine. Be engaged, ask questions, be relate-able. I say this because I have been one of the employees at the dinners and you would be surprised at what some people will tell you sometimes. Just because this isn't an official interview one on one asking you questions about your resume does not mean it isn't part of the interview process.

Then, the following day you will take a bus together to Cerner's WHQ and there they will tell you all about Cerner, show you around the campus, and will likely have a panel of people from varying positions that will tell you about their jobs and you can ask them questions. Then, you'll be taken to some smaller conference rooms and this is where you will be interviewed. I was interviewed by 2 separate people. They had a packet of papers with questions to ask. Think behavioral/situation type questions. Overall it was a positive experience. They weren't trying to grill me with hard questions. Really, just trying to get to know your experience, how you work, and your personality. Just don't be nervous and be yourself!

I can't remember how long it took me to hear back, I want to say about a week to 2 weeks and I received a phone call. Then, they sent me an email with more info on the position, stuff to sign, help with finding places to live in KC, etc. They will also let you know your start date (usually they have multiple start dates) I asked for a later start date and they were very accommodating and put me with the later start group. Then once you accept the position and start you will be put into a training group before you actually start your position. Once you complete the training you will know exactly which team will be going to.

Interview Questions

• Asked about resume. Asked about experience. Behavioral questions about working in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview and was asked to fly out to Experience Cerner. The campus was nice and Cerner has a great culture. As a senior in college, I felt the questions were a little tough but the presentation was easy going.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to implement a new idea to someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, followed by an on-campus meeting with 2 one-on-on interviews, culminating with a 15 minute presentation (topic of your choosing). Was expected to answer questions using the STAR interview method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at something or didn't do as well as you had hoped.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in November 2015.

Interview

After my pre-screening, I was told to contact the recruiter to schedule my virtual interview. However, I wasn't getting any response from anyone I contacted. After about 10 days, the recruiter finally called me to schedule the virtual interview. The 1 on 1 interview was simple. I talked to two current employees and they only asked behavioral questions. Then I was asked to give a 10-15 minute presentation on any topic of my choice. It was taking me a while to hear back so I tried contacting my recruiter and he was very unresponsive. He rarely ever replied to my phone calls or e-mails. I finally received an offer letter through e-mail at 11pm on a Sunday night about 4 weeks after my virtual interview. I felt that this interview process was very chaotic on their end and they were unprofessional about a lot of things. I ended up getting a better offer somewhere else so I declined this offer.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Very easy. One phone interview with an immediate invitation for an onsite interview the next week. Found out decision about 2 weeks later. I even forgot to fill out part of the application and still got job.

Interview Questions

• A lot of tell us about a time questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They have too many people they can hire so they have no need to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

1 phone interview for a general screening. After this phone interview, I was referred to the a more senior recruiter for a formal phone interview. Upon passing that, I was invited for an on-site interview. Cerner did a city-wide tour as well as a dinner with current employees. On-site interview consisted of touring the campus, and 1:1 interviews with 2 current employees. There was a presentation portion which you can present on any topic. All questions were behavioral. After the interview, I received an offer within 4 biz days. Very quick and professional HR team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project you worked on where things did not go as planned.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. Behavioral questions and then a visit on site. It went very quickly and I had it over lunch. I talked about my past experiences. I was then invited on site where they asked behavioral based questions. Was offered the job within 3 weeks.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I applied online with a submission of a resume and cover letter. I got an e-mail to schedule a phone interview 2 days later. Phone interview with the recruiter was really easy going. The recruiter allowed me to answer any questions I had and answered all of them. At the end of phone interview, I was invited to experience Cerner day. (Will update after I attend).

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the website. A recruiter contacted me via email on the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was about 30 minutes long and consisted of some situational questions and a lot of applying prior experience to this job. At the end of the interview, the recruiter informed me that they were going to send me some information regarding "Experience Cerner Day." Upon reading the information and filling out some more questions, I selected an Experience Cerner Day (which is always on a Fridays). They flew me out to KC on a Thursday afternoon and have you stay in a hotel in downtown. The next day another recruiter comes on a bus to pick up all of the applicants in the hotel lobby, and they give you a small tour of KC. The final step is when they take you to Cerner World Headquarters in North Kansas City where they give an overview of the position, then you go through 2 interviews back to back that last 30 minutes apiece with 2 different Cerner associates. After the interview they have about a 30 minute Q&A with 2 associates who have gone through this process and worked for Cerner for at least a year. This part was informal and doesn't necessarily count against you in the process if you don't have any questions, but there was some valuable information exchanged during this time. After that they take you back to the airport if you flew in, or they take you back to your car at the hotel if you drove there.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation at work / school when the outcome didn't come out as planned.   1 Answer