Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 5, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview process especially exceeded my expectations. It was an amazing interview. my hiring process was very smooth. I was told everything upfront about my contract and role i was accepted for. I appreciated the upfront knowledge.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, followed by an on-campus meeting with 2 one-on-on interviews, culminating with a 15 minute presentation (topic of your choosing). Was expected to answer questions using the STAR interview method.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed at something or didn't do as well as you had hoped.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied through their career portal. After 8 days, HR called and asked details on current Job, Current and expected CTC, year of exp, academic details,etc and scheduled the interview 4 days later. I had 5 rounds 1 HR,3 Technical(including managerial) and final was Versant round.4 days later i got an online Formal application to fill in.14 days later, i got a offer letter.
    Overall the Cerner Professionals are Talented, focused topic they are asking and friendly. You doesn't feel stressed .

Interview Questions

• HERE EACH ROUND WAS ELIMINATION ROUND

HR- only one question, Tell me about yourself ?. Later he explained about the job and Cerner.
      Technical 1-Much of technical questions
      5) About framework
      6) Explain about your projects
      7) Write Test Case from your project
      8) Tell me about your daily activity
      9) Is there a situation were you have got scolding from your superior. If yes, what was that?
      10) what is the difficult situation you have come across in your career. how did you overcome that?
      11) What is you weakness?
      12) In what way you are working to overcome your weakness?
      13) etc
      (Thats all i remember as its almost a month i attended the interview)

Technical 2(I guess he is the manager)- Much of Behavioral Questions
      1) Tell me about yourself
      2) What is your hobby. He discussed much on the a particular hobby that i mentioned as He wanted me to feel free and comfortable and reduce my stress. He was too good.
      3) He also asked on the project
      4) Daily activity
      5) Which defect cycle you are using?
      6) Which version control tool you are using?
      7) How is a job allocated to you?
      8) Have you ever referred Requirement Document?
      9)How was your rapport with your colleague?
      10) is there a situation, you have been irritated by your colleague? How did you handle it?
      11)etc

Technical 3- Much of technical questions
      1) Again, explain about project?
      2) Explain functional, Integration, system testing from your project.
      3) What is a Grid?
      4) How do you verify the non editable text within a grid?
      5) Questions on SQL
      6) Are you Comfortable to work as Delivery Consultant?
      7)etc

Finally HR told me that i have have cleared previous round, and asked me to meet another HR who will assist me to take up my next round of interview, Digital Versant Round

Digital Versant Round- the HR had arranged laptop and good quality speaker to take up the Versant round. She gave a unique ID to be entered in an application in order to start the versant test and left the cabin. This was a 50 min test.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2013.

Interview

Basically they scheduled a phone interview the day after I applied online and then before she hung up with me she scheduled an in person interview at experience cerner day for the following friday. At experience cerner day they go through a powerpoint and basically sell the company to you and then there are two 30 minute interviews back to back.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about how you currently or have in the past used innovation or technology to solve a problem, they asked that over and over in different ways so have lots of examples.   Answer Question

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cairo (Egypt)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Cairo (Egypt)) in January 2013.

Interview

It consist of 3 interviews and some will be your managers. All the questions are not technical and they are based on specific situations. If you are wise and good with dealing with people, you will be able to answer all the questions that are difficult using your wisdom in such situations.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions that you haven't dealt with before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2008.

Interview

I was flown from Chicago to Kansas City for the 1:1 interview after passing an initial phone interview. Upon arrival in KC I was met by a private driver in a towncar and driven to the campus. The interview proceeded through 5 individuals. After it was over, I was driven back to a hotel (it was late) and housed at the Hyatt and given dinner. I flew home the next day and was offered the job 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• Regarding the most difficult decision maker / boss / executive you have ever worked for, describe several instances of conflict and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was significantly more than I was currently making and I did not negotiate the already generous offer.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was really good. The process was completed within 3 weeks and the paperwork which they provided me was excellent and I could research the people via LinkedIn. The people were friendly and supportive. Unfortunately I didn't get the role as I was studying at the time but however I am now again apply for roles as I want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this role   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY).

Interview

You first go over a phone interview if it goes well you get invited for Three interviews in Kansas City, one of which will be behavioral and the second is purely technical. You will meet with three different people who will talk among themselves to decide whether you get the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2014.

Interview

The in person interview was a fairly standard behavioral interview. I was interviewed by two different individuals, both of whom were very personable and seemed invested in the process. It was a relaxed setting after an evening of being wined and dined--which was pretty exciting for a college senior! The interview process was informative and enjoyable.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2015.

Interview

Multiple interviews with team leads. Generally just behavioral questions. The interviewers were very nice but didn't have many follow up questions. I used the STAR method for answering questions. There are youtube videos available that are specifically geared towards Cerner interviews - they're pretty helpful. Also a quick google comes up with alot of the sample questions they'll use. The interviewers generally have a large list that they can choose from. Sometimes you'll get the same question in the separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had to develop relationships outside of your team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was definitely some negotiation involved. I asked for a higher salary and was able to negotiate something higher. However after I started I found out that was because they were pretty desperate to fill my position and I was the only application with any relevant work experience in the field.