Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,841 Interview Reviews

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a little strenuous yet they tried to make it comfortable. When they say to pick whatever topic you like to speak on, they actually mean it! Use the STAR method to answer. Situation Task Action Resolution.

Interview Questions

• How did I deal with a team member that was not listening to instructions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied for position and was invited for a phone interview the next day. I had my phone interview with a very nice lady and it lasted about 20 minutes. She reviewed my resume and asked me simple questions about my past experiences, then went on to several behavioral questions. Three days later, I was invited to attend Experience Cerner Day- all expenses paid for. It was a wonderful experience. They flew me in, and reserved a room for me in the Presidential Hilton hotel. The next day, they gave us a one hour tour of Kansas City, then brought us to Cerner's world headquarters for our interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral from an alumni of my college. I was contacted for a phone interview and was immediately asked to come for a final interview during the phone call. The final interview is part of what they call Experience Cerner Day. It's a series of two interviews (30 and 45 minutes) - they two interviewers were project managers and they each asked 2-3 behavioral questions. The second interview ended with a 10-15 minute presentation on a topic of my choice - the goal is to get a feel for your presentation style/ability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to facilitate a process of change.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial interview was by phone and follow-up interview on site at Kansas City location. The interview was straightforward and expected questions. Basic review of skills and onsite interview with multiple personnel. Very relaxed environment. Would suggest this to anyone interested in working for a great company. Enjoyed the process but not sure its the right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions concerning resume, experience and background. Required short presentation at the end of the process to access organizational and presentation skills.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First you have a phone interview, which mine latest about 30 minutes, I was invited to a in personal interview the follow week. For the in person interview I was interviewed by three different people each thirty minutes long. At the end of my last interview I had to give a presentation on process improvement initiative.

Interview Questions

• Majority of behavioral question. If you're unfamiliar with STAR when answering behavioral questions if would be best to refresh your memory.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not much negotiating took place for me because I was offered more than the initial amount we had discussed.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted 30 minutes after I had applied to set up a phone interview for next week. The whole interview took about 45 minutes and they asked questions concerning my resume and why Cerner. They offered me a second interview in person consisting of two 30 minute interview mostly behavioral questions and a 15 minute presentation on anything I wanted. A few days later they called and offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview. It lasted about 45 minutes very general interview questions regarding my background and experiences with one behavioral question. I was then offered an opportunity for an interview in person. This interview consisted of 2 30 minute interviews of mainly behavioral questions, followed by a 10-15 minute presentation on the topic of your choice. After the interviews was a small Q&A with current analysts which was very helpful! I was contacted with an offer 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you and a group came up with solutions and what were the results of those solutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

They held a hiring event at the main campus with around 20 other people. It started out with lunch and then with a presentation about Cerner. Afterwards was two interviews with higher level consultants. Each interview was about 45 minutes. In one of the interviews they asked for a 15 minute presentation on a topic of your own choosing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to make a risky decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

I was not selected for an onsite interview. However, I was contacted by a recruiter and had an phone interview which I admittedly, was not prepared for. I believe being prepared for this will lead to an onsite interview. I was granted an official interview but they were set up via online. The first one, my interviewer could not use Cerner's video chat so we had a phone interview and the second went well. Answer all questions in STAR format and you'll be good to go!

Interview Questions

• Ask you to describe a situation that was difficult and what you did to remedy the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Flew me in, participated in interview mainly on behavioral questions, completed a 15 min presentation. There was about 20 other applicants, interviewers were pretty laid back so it made me relax more. Two lady's explained the process and benefits of working for Cerner and toured Cerner at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a lot of directions.   Answer Question