Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   2 Answers

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Recruiter says three steps.
    1> Recruiter Phone call
    2> Codevue
    3> OnSite.

1> Recruiter Call
          Basic questions about Visa, Few questions about Experience ,
           How to create Address class,

Interview Questions

• 2> Codevue
      a> Recent Programming language you learned and How did you do it?   Answer Question
    • b> Given two graph points determine in what direction (N, NE, NW, E, W, S, SE, SW) the second point is from the first and display. If points are the same display here.   1 Answer
    • c>Given an initial number, reverse it and add it back to the initial. Check if new number is a palindrome. If not repeat till is. If yes display how many iterations it took and the number.   1 Answer

Academy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

The first round was a 25-minute phone interview with the HR recruiter. Pretty simple questions (Why Cerner? Why did you choose your major? Are you willing to relocate to Kansas City?) Basic stuff. About a month and a half later I was invited to interview in Kansas City. The interviewers were so nice and the interview was more of a conversation (they use the STAR format). After interviews, you hear various people talk about how great it is to work at Cerner and live in Kansas City. Despite not getting an offer, I learned a lot from this interview and it was a fun experience too!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cerner in February 2018.

Interview

Recruiter gave me call. Discussed few technical questions related to OOPS, and compensation.Later he sent hirevue coding challenge 2 questions each 30min of time for each.And you have 2min to explain about the process. Waiting for further steps of interview process.

Interview Questions

• you are given 3 coins of value 1, 3 and 5. You are also given a total which you have to arrive at. Find the minimum number of coins to arrive at it.   3 Answers
    • Given two graph points determine in what direction (N, NE, NW, E, W, S, SE, SW) the second point is from the first and display. If points are the same display here.    4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2018.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, where i was asked about visa, compensation, etc. The rest of the process is still remaining and i will update this post once i do it. A good way to prepare might be on codeeval.com

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First round HR on phone call(Jan2018). One question : How will you handle a bug in your project?
    Second Round: HireVue. I will be giving it this week
    I will update this post after giving the coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle a bug in your project?   3 Answers

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I had a phone interview, and then an in person interview with 2 different individuals. All interviewers were very nice. It was a very relaxed feel and everyone made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you solved a problem for a large group of people?   Answer Question

Academy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Applied in January 2018. That same day I was removed from consideration when I more than met their qualifications. Really wonder what they look for/at when looking at candidates. The same thing happened when looking at applying to other careers that Cerner offers.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in January 2018.

Interview

Was contacted by one of their recruiters through my colleges job site. After filling out their online application, had a phone interview with recruiter who contacted me. Phone interview began by verifying basic information, but was mostly about what was on my resume i.e projects and jobs. After that was a coding skills test through CodeVue. Two coding questions 30 minutes a piece with 2 minutes after to explain your thought process and one behavioral question. After that is Cerner Experience Day, so will update once I attend.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about your ability to work in the U.S.   1 Answer
    • How did you go about learning a new technology?   Answer Question
    • Given two graph points determine in what direction (N, NE, NW, E, W, S, SE, SW) the second point is from the first and display. If points are the same display here.   1 Answer
    • Given an initial number, reverse it and add it back to the initial. Check if new number is a palindrome. If not repeat till is. If yes display how many iterations it took and the number.   2 Answers

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in January 2018.

Interview

Had the first phone interview,(This is basically Cerner's way of checking if we are the same person that we projected ourselves as in our resume ) Just went through the questions here and twas easy, Waiting to take the Hire view coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• Current Project? What you like in current job? Why do you want to switch? Free time?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in January 2018.

Interview

If you are deemed as a good fit after a brief call with a recruiter, then you will be invited to an "Experience Cerner Day". This comprises of an overview of the job, three back-to-back one hour interviews, lunch, a tour, and an exit meeting. It's very informative and laid-back.

Interview Questions

• What operating systems are you familiar with?   Answer Question
    • Do you have an experience with Oracle?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you had to troubleshoot a computer. Did you solve the issue(s)?   Answer Question