Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2019.

Interview

I applied through university job portal and got a HireVue video interview the next day. Then a few days after completing the HireVue, the recruiter scheduled me for a two 1-hour interviews back to back with 2 different engineers. I had a choice to go on-site (paid by Cerner) or do a remote interview. I chose remote because I live in the west coast and going on-site would delay the process by a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Design a Temperature class. How to determine if a patient has fever if base temperature fluctuates among patients, time of the day and location of the body where the temperature is taken?   3 Answers
    • Design a Medication class. It should have information about dose, frequency and a system to notify a nurse when the medication should be taken.   3 Answers
    • A bunch of "Tell me a time when..." behavioral questions.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First stage is a leetcode like coding problem. If you pass, you get flown out to their company in KC and do two more interviews with either a manager or current engineer. The questions were consisted of behavioral questions and mostly OOP questions.

Marketing Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY).

Interview

I was scheduled to have an interview on a Wednesday morning. Five minutes before the interview, I got a rescheduling notice to the next day, at a time I wasn't available for. I requested to move it later in the day, but it ended up getting rescheduled to Monday...shortly after, she came back and pushed it to Tuesday at 10am.

Come Tuesday, 5 minutes before the interview, I received an email stating that I was no longer under consideration for this position.

This experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth, where the recruiter showed a a lack of consideration and empathy for the candidate and their time.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in May 2020.

Interview

Received a mail from hr requesting a phone meeting .Call lasted about 30 mins .hr explains the nature of work, salary details & next steps.Three online interview (back to back ) were scheduled on a single day with three different managers.Mostly behavioural questions n analytical skills based questions.overall process took about 4-5 weeks.recieved a call from hr with offer.Have to tell , Hr’s at cerner treat you with care like you are already an employee before n during interview process.They answer every mail n communicate well with the candidate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Brief introductory phone call result of recruiter on LinkedIn followed by an all day tour/interview at the corporate office in Kansas City, MO. You will be accompanied by a large group of interviewees, have a little meet and great, have lunch at the office cafe, have a tour of the head quarter's campus, ending with a round of interviews conducted by two people: 30 minutes in one room with interviewer A and then repeat with interviewer B - different set of questions and personalities.

Interview Questions

• You will have to prepare a 5-10 presentation to give during the interview on a topic of your choice - overall gauging your presentation, organization and agile (being interrupted, etc. skill set that will occur on a daily basis in a consulting role.   Answer Question

System Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Laid back
    3 rounds
    Nice Personality
    Situational questions
    Technical questions
    Hobbies
    Describe Technical scenarios
    Focus On the how you can help the team.
    Desire to Learn, work hard.
    Give very detailed examples of past projects

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2020.

Interview

My interview consisted of one phone interview, and two back to back video conference interviews. The video interview consisted of behavioral questions, while the phone interview assessed general fit. The behavioral interviews were each forty-five minutes long. I received an offer shortly after completing the behavioral interviews.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had a conflict at work.   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Short phone interview, few basic questions and run through your resume. Then I had two 45 minute online video interviews. All Behavioral questions answer using STAR method.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to learn and teach someone a new technology at work or on a project.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

From campus, got an on site interview opportunity and it was fairly medium level questions. Starting with 2 technical interviews and 1 behavioral based round, each about 45 to 60 minutes. All the rounds were conducted on same day and at end of the day, results are announced. After/before the interviews they show you around the office and provide you with lunch.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

It was highly technical round and lots of question about Object oriented concepts and methodology. And behaviour was mainly around STAR regarding give me a scenario and all that. That's pretty much it.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me asked a few questions about my current projects and then I was invited for an on-site interview.
    Two back to back technical questions involving Sql and Excel. They were relatively easy and then had a final interview with the Hiring manager which worked out well.