Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Has 3 rounds , HR call , hire vue video conference of 1 hr , fly to kansas city for a face to face interview lasting 2 hours . Received the offer after 2 weeks . The entire process took nearly a month to 45 days .

Interview Questions

• The HR interview last for nearly 15-30 mins . where she goes around your resume and asks basic questions about your profile which are easy and doable . HR also gives the approx joining date and salary details for the position. Was told directly that i will be having a video round next week . The video conference is more technical in nature and you are interviewed by a Software Architect . They have a fixed pattern of questions and except exact answers for most questions . The questions involve prior experience with bugs , project deployment , and few tech questions . You are given a question to code on a white board . which is to design a class . The biggest mistake which i felt candidates are doing here are they are taking the design for granted the interviewer is seeing you idea of using OOps concepts and design principle or pattern which can be used to solve the problem . I received the onsite invitation after a hour of the interview . Went to Kansas on June 1st and was interviewed there . The whole interview process is laid back and they make sure we are comfortable . Was asked to design a Temperature class for recording Temp for every hour (Used a circular queue which the interviewer liked ) ,a question about log case situation having thread id and process id( glass door has the question posted can refer it if needed) , Was asked to write a scheduler method for the told class , it was a difficult question as they are expecting us to know the calender and date class , Apart from these you will be asked a lot of other tech questions on OOPS, OS , ALGOS ,Data Structs . A lot of situational and behavior questions are also asked . Recieved the call from HR after 2 weeks . She asked for my transcripts before giving the offer .   6 Answers

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Turn in resume -> phone interview with a recruiter -> phone interview with Cerner HR -> in person interview at Cerner World Headquarters. Cerner flies you out to World Headquarters, and they pay for your accommodation in a hotel if necessary. At World Headquarters, you interview with two employees that may or may not be in the same department as you.

Interview Questions

• What role do you take when you work in a team?
      Tell me about a time you had a problem. How did you solve it?

You will then be asked to give a presentation about the topic of your choosing. I gave a presentation on Pokemon.   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner in July 2017.

Interview

HR - Basic Questions on resume
    HireVue : Behavioral questions, scenario based questions and design question from glassdoor.
    any object oriented lang is ok. but if you are opting python(they don't have much work in python) you might have hard luck.

Interview Questions

• Person Demographics with explanation in any comfortable language. I did it in python.
      he just asked one or two questions about design(easy ones).
      asked questions on testing - Regression and unit,
      Basic Primeno code in java
      Some SQL queries about joins.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews.
    First round was a call from the recruiter checking the graduation date, location and the package. Basic java questions and a brief explanation of the most recent work experience.
    Second round was on hirevue where the Allergy class question was asked. A lot of behavioral and design level questions on internships and work experience.
    Third round consisted of two rounds where the Medication, notification to nurse, the temperature class and deadlock questions were asked. But be prepared to answer a lot of questions on programming basics for about half of both the interviews. Lots of behavioral questions.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I have applied through employee referral for academy software engineer position. The HR lady has contacted me about the status and asked me schedule a phone interview as a part of initiating the process. We have scheduled a date in next couple of weeks and finally she gave me a call 10 mins late the posted time. I think she had a big checklist of questions and asked one by one like are you legally authorized to work is USA ? What is your status ?.... So on then she started asking why I want to join Cerner ? And how did I came to know about Cerner ? Do you have any family members working here at Cerner ? Which programming languages are you familiar with ? What is class and object ? Which software development life cycle are you familiar with agile or waterfall ? Create an address class. And she finally explained the next steps in the process. She is in a really hurry phase and my interview lasted for 8-9mins. Cerner is offering $60k for this position.

Interview Questions

• java class and object
      address class
      agile or water fall model   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied to a listing on my colleges jobs page. Had a phone interview (non technical). Then a technical Skype interview. Then a technical on campus interview that was technically two interviews. Both technical interviews were surprisingly easy. Everyone encountered along the way was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Had me look at a server log to determine what an error was.   4 Answers

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview Questions

• How did you here about Cerner   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is comprised of several interviews including a Skype interview, where you are required to do some basic coding to show your understanding of concepts and how you would tackle problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix a problem if you are unable to see the code for an application?   8 Answers

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

3 one hour interviews back to back. one on one. mostly whiteboard exercises about building classes in your best language. before that a phone interview mostly about work experience and few character questions