Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial call was from Recruiter who asked all basic information and some technical questions. Three rounds of interview and interviewed by three different people. Dint get a feedback from Cerner.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and a few weeks later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Once you get past the phone interview, there are multiple in person interviews back to back. Most questions are behavioral or about past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond at a previous job   1 Answer

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maryville, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Maryville, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview was fine.I stood in the queue and after my turn, i was called and I addressed the interviewer and wished him.He asked me some basic HR questions and I answered them.Then he started asking questions inside my resume.

Technical Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

The day of the interview, I and about 13 others were shuttled to Cerner's Continuous Campus, where we were given a presentation about the company and the position. Afterwards we were split into two groups, one that went straight to interviews, and one that did the campus tour first. The interviews consisted of two, 45 minute interviews. They were one-on-one with current employees. The interview environment was very relaxed and conversational. All of the questions I was asked were STAR/behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you had to adapt to a change in a project and how did the project go?   Answer Question

Information Technology Consultant Interview

Interview

Great initial phone interview. Was called into a three person interview. Went well. Waiting on call now. Very professional organization and process has been great thus far. Recruiter very professional and answered all of my questions.

Technical Engagement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Three interviews in one day @ approx 45 minutes each. Typical behavior questions. Leading up to the interview, Cerner was pleasant, on top of things, and very much engaging. After the interview, not so much. Asked for some feedback and it was scripted. At first I was disappointed that I didn't get the job because it sounded like an awesome role, however, was probably a blessing in disguise. Thankful for unanswered prayers. All I can say: Take the time to ensure that you show yourself off. Don't let the interviewer hijack the interview to show you all the cool stuff about Cerner. Be polite but assertive in order to show your talents. Looking back on my interview - I wish I would've taken more time to be assertive - but - it's their loss and I am thankful. I think its a great company, but won't apply there again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation with a direct report and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

It was a first interview over the phone. The lady was very nice and respectful. She asked a few behavior type interview questions. No technical questions. Make sure to ask questions. Interviewers don't like it when you don't ask questions at the end of an interview.

Interview Questions

• Time where you were doing something incorrect at work. How did you respond?   Answer Question

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner in February 2017.

Interview

Did not get hired but submitted everything online and they got back to me within 2 days. It was very professional and it helped to get feedback from the company instead of being left in the dark.

Technical Solutions Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Not a very hard interview just wanted to get to know you. The questions were very basic just asking about your history. The company itself was very nice and had an excellent campus.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with three different managers, all from different teams. Back to back aprox. 45 minutes each. Was contacted a week later with feedback from the recruiters. The feed back was great. Was told that all three managers recommened a different position for me, but was currently not any openings with that team.

Interview Questions

• General Technicial questions, and a few behavorial questions using the STAR process   Answer Question