Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,555 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Has 3 rounds , HR call , hire vue video conference of 1 hr , fly to kansas city for a face to face interview lasting 2 hours . Received the offer after 2 weeks . The entire process took nearly a month to 45 days .

Interview Questions

• The HR interview last for nearly 15-30 mins . where she goes around your resume and asks basic questions about your profile which are easy and doable . HR also gives the approx joining date and salary details for the position. Was told directly that i will be having a video round next week . The video conference is more technical in nature and you are interviewed by a Software Architect . They have a fixed pattern of questions and except exact answers for most questions . The questions involve prior experience with bugs , project deployment , and few tech questions . You are given a question to code on a white board . which is to design a class . The biggest mistake which i felt candidates are doing here are they are taking the design for granted the interviewer is seeing you idea of using OOps concepts and design principle or pattern which can be used to solve the problem . I received the onsite invitation after a hour of the interview . Went to Kansas on June 1st and was interviewed there . The whole interview process is laid back and they make sure we are comfortable . Was asked to design a Temperature class for recording Temp for every hour (Used a circular queue which the interviewer liked ) ,a question about log case situation having thread id and process id( glass door has the question posted can refer it if needed) , Was asked to write a scheduler method for the told class , it was a difficult question as they are expecting us to know the calender and date class , Apart from these you will be asked a lot of other tech questions on OOPS, OS , ALGOS ,Data Structs . A lot of situational and behavior questions are also asked . Recieved the call from HR after 2 weeks . She asked for my transcripts before giving the offer .   8 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

One of the best interview processes. Really systematic and clear.
    1st round HR(about 15 min)
    2nd round HireView interview.
    Onsite 2 rounds 1 hr each.
    I went through all the glassdoor questions for academy software engineer. 90% I was asked the same. I will give a detailed list of questions and other tips soon. Will update this space. Till then a brief look at Glassdoor questions should help.

Interview Questions

• Hr: difference between class and object with example.
      HireView:
      -you have 5 bugs. how will you prioritize?
      -how do you learn new technical things? what is your approach?
      -allergy class design(will update this post to give detail question)
      -person demographic class design(will update this post to give detail question)

Onsite:
      -be confident with your resume. They ask you to explain your internships, work ex and projects in detail.
      -nurse notification class design

Round2
      -resume again
      -Temperature class design   5 Answers

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Was emailed to do to a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. They ask basic questions about past work experience along with a couple behavioral questions. Was asked to come in for a face to face interview the next week. Interview consisted of 3 30 minute interviews with different people. Asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Academy Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and organized. The interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview after which I was invited to Cerner's in person interviews. During the in-person interviews, there were 2 interviews which lasted about 1.5 hrs total. The interviews were very relaxed and focused primarily on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work through a complex problem with little information given to you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision with not a lot of information.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First an HR interview based on resume and some behavioral questions followed by a Skype call technical questions were asked, then followed by an on-site interview, most of the questions were asked from glassdoor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I applied with a recruiter that came to my school. The following day I had an interview with a former student that was now working at Cerner. Following the interview I was informed that he would recommend me to the recruiter and I should hear back from her within a few days. I received an email not long after saying they would like to bring me on campus for another round of interviews. Onsite, I had two 30min to an hour long interviews. All the interviews involved the typical behavior questions and then some technical things like making a class or coding some basic functionality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

internet technical interview:
    2 questions (15 minutes each)
    1 question (30 minutes )
    You can program in any language you want. After each question you'll need to send a 2 minute video of yourself explaining your code!!

Interview Questions

• write a program that will decipher code that contains letters and symbols.
      if letter return the appropriate numeric value
      otherwise
      output invalid code   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Onsite was 2 rounds of 1 hour each. Each interview was mostly behavioral with barely any writing on a white board. Overall, the interview went pretty well, and the campus is beautiful.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview
    Coding round
    2 onsite rounds
    Behavioural questions and coding questions
    All questions from glasdoor. Please refer glassdoor. Design temperature class. Design medication class. How do you get the requirements from client. How do you solve the bugs.

Interview Questions

• behavioural questions
      coding questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

First round is with HR, non-technical. Only real behavioural question is "Why Cerner?" Other than that it's just a bunch of HR questions and resume review, also information about Cerner. The second round is a coding challenge, and third is onsite. I have yet to complete the coding challenge and will update this when I do so.

Interview Questions

• Why Cerner, Tell me a little bit about yourself, other behavioral questions   Answer Question