Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,366 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial call was from Recruiter who asked all basic information and some technical questions. Three rounds of interview and interviewed by three different people. Dint get a feedback from Cerner.

Technical Engagement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Three interviews in one day @ approx 45 minutes each. Typical behavior questions. Leading up to the interview, Cerner was pleasant, on top of things, and very much engaging. After the interview, not so much. Asked for some feedback and it was scripted. At first I was disappointed that I didn't get the job because it sounded like an awesome role, however, was probably a blessing in disguise. Thankful for unanswered prayers. All I can say: Take the time to ensure that you show yourself off. Don't let the interviewer hijack the interview to show you all the cool stuff about Cerner. Be polite but assertive in order to show your talents. Looking back on my interview - I wish I would've taken more time to be assertive - but - it's their loss and I am thankful. I think its a great company, but won't apply there again.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation with a direct report and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Recruiter Phone call with basic background questions from the resume, get to know about the company knowledge and questions regarding your past experiences ,Education and background and shared about the team structure and some of the company culture that they are following currently.

Consultant Interview

Interview

xpect very functional questions during a screening interview. Often, interviewers at this stage are recruiters or hiring managers, not the manager for this position. Their goal is to create a shortlist of appropriate candidates, who will then continue on to the next interview.

Interviewers are looking to see if you have the necessary skills for the position and if your salary expectations match the budget allocated for the role. Typical questions during a screening interview include being asked to tell them about myself.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through they requested for a phone Interview.They asked regarding my visa status, previous experience, Feedback and questions on data type of address.Am selected to the Hire Vue interview

Interview Questions

• What is the datatype for AddressLine1   1 Answer

Negotiation

Business Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner in February 2017.

Interview

Did not get hired but submitted everything online and they got back to me within 2 days. It was very professional and it helped to get feedback from the company instead of being left in the dark.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied on the careers website and heard back two days later from a recruiter requesting a phone interview. I had a phone interview with my recruiter the next week where she asked typical questions about why you want to work at Cerner, STAR questions, and going over your resume. At the end of the interview, she invited me to Cerner Experience Day.
    The next week I got an invitation to choose my date for Cerner Experience Day and notice to prepare a 10 minute presentation. Two weeks later, they flew me out on a Thursday afternoon to Kansas City and put me up in a hotel downtown. In the morning they bussed a group of ~20 of us to World Head Quarters. They took us to a room where we waited between events and where we could keep our stuff. First they gave a presentation on what the Consulting Academy [training] would be like. Then we went to our interviews. The interviews were one on one with current consultants. They used a packet of STAR questions they were supposed to ask. It was very relaxed and the interviewers were very friendly. You give your presentation during your second interview. They are really looking for you presentation style. Although the instructions say that you can bring notes, my interviewer told me she was very impressed that I did not use any. Make sure you make good eye-contact as well.
    After the interviews, they took us on a quick tour of the campus and then sent us back to the airport. They told us we would hear back two weeks later and I did hear back exactly two weeks later on a Friday afternoon. The typical length of time you have to get back to them is ~2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you did not perform as well as you wanted   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to facilitate a new process/change   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR shortly after. HR call reviewed my resume and told me more about the position. Scheduled an interview in person for 3- 45 min rounds.

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone interview is no big deal, followed up by three 30-minute interviews at the headquarters (some can do remotely if they are out of state). These are to tell you about the position, behavioral based questions, and to see if you can hold a conversation and are personable enough to be a consultant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time during your last job that you dealt with a complex problem and talk me through how you solved that problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First off, I have entry-level experience only so this may not be the same for everyone. Started with a typical HR phone screening, double checking resume info and all that. Then had a remote, Skype-esque 'technical' interview with a current Software Engineer. Question was the Allergy class like everyone else has said. In my opinion, it was a very poorly worded question that gave little to no direction. It was easy enough to understand but what they actually wanted you to give them made little sense without more context. The software Cerner uses for the interview has a notepad type component so you can type into it and the interviewer can see what you are typing. The guy I interviewed with basically just wanted sudo-code and not a complete, working program or anything. Granted, I was also pretty rusty on my technical skills despite a few days of prep and refresh prior.