Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   1 Answer

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview process especially exceeded my expectations. It was an amazing interview. my hiring process was very smooth. I was told everything upfront about my contract and role i was accepted for. I appreciated the upfront knowledge.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Submitted a resume and cover letter. Had a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was asked about my resume, school, previous jobs. There were also a couple of general behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back from them about an in-person interview in Kansas City but I did not. Followed up twice via email and phone and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How much faster is DNS considering that it uses UDP instead of TCP?
      - mergesort in details (best, average and worst case)
      - comparison between TCP and UDP (e.g. congestion and flow control)
      - graph to find the shortest path
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The correct title was Software Engineer Intern, though this was not an option

The first wave came as a scout off of linkedIn where I had an initial interview over the phone with basic behavioral questions and some personal ones.

The Second was a technical interview over a skype like program with a software architect (These interviews were great the questions were straight forward no tricks or confusion and any questions I had were answered quickly).

Then the company flew me out for some interviews (Suit and tie attire) in person. These interviews were not so bad but not so good either they were very tricky.

Te first person had an absolute no want to be there and could obviously care less about my interview I even caught him playing on his phone while I was presenting on the whiteboard. The questions asked were rather cryptic and tricky with a lot of problem solving so take your time and think don't just jump face first in.

After this interview I was left alone in the room for about 30 minutes then had another interview with a question that was much more straight forward.

Shortly after these we were shown around the lunchroom given free lunch and a 50 dollar gift certificate, then back onto a bus to the airport.

Interview Questions

• My first interview over the skype-like program was: "Design a class allergies that has severity, also a class patient with information about the person, allergy, and the person who reported the allergy"   2 Answers
    • Second In person interview question: "Design a class called medicine that has the medicine ID and other stuff (word for word what I was asked) then add it to a class called person" Then I was asked the question "Your working tech support on Thanksgiving night when someone calls and says they have a problem with information what do you do?"   1 Answer
    • Third Interview Question:
      "Design a class called temperature, temperatures can fluctuate per person by +-1 degree high temperatures can be a sign of a fever which can be a sign of infection. A persons fever range can also fluctuate by +-1 degree. Temperatures can also be measured in Celsius, Fahrenheit and if your serious about temperatures Kelvin as well. Design a class called temperature"
      1 Answer

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through company website, found out about it through both LinkedIn and friends. The process took 4-6 weeks. Had a quick phone interview with a recruiter (who was awesome!!!), then I interviewed at Cerner in January 2017 where they invited me to “Experience Cerner Day” of which they paid for me to fly to their HQ in Kansas City (they were very flexible with my college schedule, and even allowed me to extend my stay in KC by a few days). After the presentations, we had two 1:1 interview lasting 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• They asked several BEHAVIOR-BASED INTERVIEW QUESTIONS.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2015.

Interview

First off, I have entry-level experience only so this may not be the same for everyone. Started with a typical HR phone screening, double checking resume info and all that. Then had a remote, Skype-esque 'technical' interview with a current Software Engineer. Question was the Allergy class like everyone else has said. In my opinion, it was a very poorly worded question that gave little to no direction.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There were 2 round of technical interview, they asked basics Java questions, and sql queries which was interesting and data structures problems on trees and linked list. After you have completed the technical interview successfully, you will be asked for versant test which is a test on the English communication.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Phone Interview : It's a 30 minutes interview. They have scheduled for 30 minutes and it went well.

2. HireVue Interview (Video Call) - It's a 60 minutes interview. Prior to the interview you need to fill a form regarding your details and a code will be provided . Using that code you need to call a mobile number and video call simultaneously. You can hear through mobile and you can only see the interviewer and write code ( whiteboard - a tab used to write your code) through that hirevue video.

3. Face- Face Interview ( Round 1 & Round 2) - It's a 120 minutes (60 minutes each) interview. Prior to that you will be given a brief introduction about Cerner, the position you are going to be interviewed and the training process( Dev Academy). After completing the interview, you will be taken to the campus tour and lunch with Cerner associates. Before leaving the campus you will be given a visa gift card ( minimum $50) for the expenses.

Interview Questions

• Phone Interview :

The HR person introduced himself and asked me whether I have any questions regarding Cerner or regarding the position.

1. Later he just asked my details like do I need sponsorship? What are the three strongest technologies you can work on?
      2. Can you just tell me briefly about yourself?
      3. Which datatype do you use for storing an address?
      4. What do you know about Cerner?/ Why Cerner?

Finally I have asked him whether I have any feedback from him
      1 Answer

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview followed up with in-person interview. In-person interviews are with two different interviewers one-on-one and last 30min each. You then give a 10-15min presentation on a topic of your choice.

Interview Questions

• Describe an occasion in the past year in work or school when you thought, "There has to be another way."   1 Answer
    • When was a time you had to solve a complex problem with little to no information on how to solve it?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to work with a group of people to find solutions?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you facilitated a process of change that was unpopular? How did you get team members to get on board and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Be prepared to give a background on yourself, what you did on a daily basis at previous jobs and what you liked/disliked about them. Also really study these behavioral questions using the S/TAR method. Cerner looks for people who possess adaptability, initiative, professionalism, can foster relationships with clients and be able to work with other people to accomplish a common goal. Try to make your answers reflective of that.   Answer Question

Academic Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I was recruited from a career fair from the University. The recruiter was good and was impressed with me and offered my Online interview through Hirevue for the next day in the morning. So I didn't had much time to prepared but I went through Glassdoor specially the class model. The Interviewer started pretty straight forward with the technical Questions , no HR or behavior questions at all. She should've know that they are interviewing for entry level, but the interview was fully technical. After done with the resume , she moved towards explaining about Cerner and the work they do. Then she asked me to write some code but stopped me half way there and started to crosscheck with what I've entered (I couldn't answer all the crosscheck questions). Anyhow the overall experience wasn't as easy and friendly as some of others mentioned.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

Cerner's interview process is pretty in depth. I had three rounds of interviews with six different people. Come prepared with responses for behavior-based questions, as well as questions of your own for the company. Cerner expects you to drink the coolade so make sure you know the company's history and about its CEO, Neal Patterson.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a clash with another employee. How did you handle it?   Answer Question