Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   2 Answers

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

the interview process especially exceeded my expectations. It was an amazing interview. my hiring process was very smooth. I was told everything upfront about my contract and role i was accepted for. I appreciated the upfront knowledge.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Submitted a resume and cover letter. Had a phone interview that lasted approximately 30 minutes. I was asked about my resume, school, previous jobs. There were also a couple of general behavioral questions. I was told I would hear back from them about an in-person interview in Kansas City but I did not. Followed up twice via email and phone and never heard back.

Interview Questions

• How much faster is DNS considering that it uses UDP instead of TCP?
      - mergesort in details (best, average and worst case)
      - comparison between TCP and UDP (e.g. congestion and flow control)
      - graph to find the shortest path   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

The correct title was Software Engineer Intern, though this was not an option

The first wave came as a scout off of linkedIn where I had an initial interview over the phone with basic behavioral questions and some personal ones.

The Second was a technical interview over a skype like program with a software architect (These interviews were great the questions were straight forward no tricks or confusion and any questions I had were answered quickly).

Then the company flew me out for some interviews (Suit and tie attire) in person. These interviews were not so bad but not so good either they were very tricky.

Te first person had an absolute no want to be there and could obviously care less about my interview I even caught him playing on his phone while I was presenting on the whiteboard. The questions asked were rather cryptic and tricky with a lot of problem solving so take your time and think don't just jump face first in.

After this interview I was left alone in the room for about 30 minutes then had another interview with a question that was much more straight forward.

Shortly after these we were shown around the lunchroom given free lunch and a 50 dollar gift certificate, then back onto a bus to the airport.

Interview Questions

• My first interview over the skype-like program was: "Design a class allergies that has severity, also a class patient with information about the person, allergy, and the person who reported the allergy"   2 Answers
    • Second In person interview question: "Design a class called medicine that has the medicine ID and other stuff (word for word what I was asked) then add it to a class called person" Then I was asked the question "Your working tech support on Thanksgiving night when someone calls and says they have a problem with information what do you do?"   1 Answer
    • Third Interview Question:
      "Design a class called temperature, temperatures can fluctuate per person by +-1 degree high temperatures can be a sign of a fever which can be a sign of infection. A persons fever range can also fluctuate by +-1 degree. Temperatures can also be measured in Celsius, Fahrenheit and if your serious about temperatures Kelvin as well. Design a class called temperature"   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Easy online application led to a quick email response. Then there is a quick phone interview followed by 3 in person interviews. The 3 associates will then agree if you are a qualified candidate and whether to move forward or not. You should receive an offer within a few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you dealt with a difficult customer or client and how you were able to get through it.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner in April 2016.

Interview

Personal interview followed by English language accent test and followed by written test then technical interview round and managerial round at Last HR
    And all done u will have the offer letter

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Lowell, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online to an opening, and was scheduled for 2 hours of face to face meetings with people. I spent perhaps 35 minutes with two people and the technical interviewer never showed.

The interview process felt rushed, and no real technical questions were asked of me.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner in January 2013.

Interview

Difficult for intern, there were 3 rounds. Phone screen, aptitude and technical. Got the offer letter next day. Accepted the offer. Overall great experience and a great place to work in. Good mentors assigned to help in completing day to day task

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/22 and immediately received a non-technical phone call with HR. Was then invited to take a Coding Challenge which involved 3 questions (any language):

1) Given an array of n (between 10 to 20) integers 1 through 9, return the index of the lowest unique integer (i.e. [1, 8, 2, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9, 7, 8] -> returns index 3 from value 5)

2) Given a string with a mix of comma separated words and numbers, print out two strings which contain only words in one and numbers in the other separated by commas.

3) Given numbers 1 through 52, take 5 unique numbers and determine if the number 42 can be made using any combination of addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) on those 5 numbers.

Network Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

first round was technical-technologies and exp and bit external questions
    second was technical difficult than first-totally technical on technologies and exp
    hr round-basic questions,salary discussion,shifts and allowances,benefits,probation period and the time to change to some other roles
    versant test-english communication test

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join cerner and how long will you be here?   Answer Question

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Fast paced, sat 3 one hour interviews in 1 day. Recruiter called to arrange Skype interview, then 2 more interviews the next day at their offices in London. Had to wait 3 weeks for feedback

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses   1 Answer