Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,497 Interview Reviews

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   2 Answers

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews.
    First round was a call from the recruiter checking the graduation date, location and the package. Basic java questions and a brief explanation of the most recent work experience.
    Second round was on hirevue where the Allergy class question was asked. A lot of behavioral and design level questions on internships and work experience.
    Third round consisted of two rounds where the Medication, notification to nurse, the temperature class and deadlock questions were asked. But be prepared to answer a lot of questions on programming basics for about half of both the interviews. Lots of behavioral questions.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in the fall online (I recommend applying before Thanksgiving). I had one HR phone interview, one online coding interview, and two in person white board code interviews. Definitely have a good cover letter and be ready to talk about your resume.

Interview Questions

• Why Cerner, things on my resume and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Six hour long "Experience Cerner Day." Meet and greet followed by three one-hour interviews back to back to back. Followed by company provided lunch with an associate to answer questions or concerns about the daily life and responsibilities, and then a campus tour

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

My interview process was fairly quick. Given that I had another job waiting for me, Cerner expedited the interview process. It consisted of the initial phone interview, then I had a video conference interview where I could present a topic of my choice (to demonstrate my presentation skills). I was given the offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• How do you think your background would help with this position?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner in December 2016.

Interview

Versant english round for 50 minutes and was easy but listen to it carefully. Then followed by 2 technical rounds, technical questions on java, asked to write programs, basic queries on SQL.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner in July 2017.

Interview

HR - Basic Questions on resume
    HireVue : Behavioral questions, scenario based questions and design question from glassdoor.
    any object oriented lang is ok. but if you are opting python(they don't have much work in python) you might have hard luck.

Interview Questions

• Person Demographics with explanation in any comfortable language. I did it in python.
      he just asked one or two questions about design(easy ones).
      asked questions on testing - Regression and unit,
      Basic Primeno code in java
      Some SQL queries about joins.   2 Answers

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy- be ready to negotiate salary! They had the typical situational interview questions as well as some personality based questions. Stay relaxed, the phone interviewer was intense but as long as you are relaxed and manage your responses it will go well.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Turn in resume -> phone interview with a recruiter -> phone interview with Cerner HR -> in person interview at Cerner World Headquarters. Cerner flies you out to World Headquarters, and they pay for your accommodation in a hotel if necessary. At World Headquarters, you interview with two employees that may or may not be in the same department as you.

Interview Questions

• What role do you take when you work in a team?
      Tell me about a time you had a problem. How did you solve it?

You will then be asked to give a presentation about the topic of your choosing. I gave a presentation on Pokemon.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through Naukri.com. Had 3 rounds of interview and a Versant English communication test. All the questions asked during interview were related to my previous work experience. I was interviewing for a software services team requirement.

Interview Questions

• Difference between REST and SOAP? Which one would be more suitable to their project in terms of security and convenience?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve a database query execution time?   Answer Question
    • Difference between synchronous and asynchronous.   Answer Question
    • Tools used for quality improvement in web development.   Answer Question
    • Database queries used during work.   Answer Question
    • Debugging tools used and nature of usage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Unlike many of the interview processes mentioned here, it was a 3 hour interview, with 3 different people from different teams interviewing me. It started off by recruiter contacting me for an initial telephonic call and then they asked me if I would be available for a 3 hour online interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, and includes the coding sessions as well. They look at your approach and ask you the questions on what your approach is and why   37 Answers