Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,653 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   2 Answers

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner in March 2017.

Interview

I applied and after 1 week got phone interview request. Then after 1 week no call , I email her she didn't reply me back . she ask me how much you except for this role I told her little bit more that the reason I didn't got chance to go another round. Recruiter she don't know much about technical term just she asked behavioral question lot.

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

I have applied through career fair at our school and I got mail to take coding test. It has 3 questions which are almost from glassdoor and I cracked it easily. Then I went to onsite interview which is 2 rounds for 2 hours. every round has basic questions on your resume , behavioral questions and class design question. It went on well and the HR's are very friendly in nature

Interview Questions

• when is the time you worked on weekends?
      what is the situation that you have faced conflicting information?
      What is the toughest challenge that you have faced?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in October 2014.

Interview

3 round
    1 written
    2 technical discussion
    Now add to that there is a Pearson Test of English for communication and writing(score should be minimum 62 out of 70 (CWX) and 58 out of 70 for other teams)

Interview Questions

• What is the oops concept?
      Problem-solving skills is must in both the round   1 Answer

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in December 2017.

Interview

They conducted 3 rounds. 1st Round is a HR phone Interview. 2nd round is a coding challenge. 3rd round is onsite interview (2 one to one interview). In two weeks you will get your results. Be ready to face lots of behaviour questions. Technical questions are easy, but behavioural was actually difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 Questions:
      1) Introduce yourself.
      2) Why Cerner ?
      3) Your work experience
      4) Your recent project
      5) How will design a class to store the address   Answer Question
    • Round 2 : Online coding round.
      after each question you will be given 2 mins to explain your solution.
      1) Given one sentence at a time, return the second last word of the sentence. (15 mins)
      2) binary to decimal (15 mins)
      3) Jolly Jumper (30 mins)   Answer Question
    • Round 3 :
      Onsite Interview
      One to One Interview 1 :
      1) Favourite programming language
      2) Why cerner ?
      3) Some resume related question
      4) Nurse Frequency question. You will be given a medicine name, frequency, start date, end date, PRN and so on. You have to return the array list of next 50 date time of the particular medicine.

One to one interview Round 2:
      1) Memorable bug
      2) any situation you got stuck, how did you overcome it
      3) Have you provided feedback to someone and when is that
      4) How will you approach a bug when you were unable to see the code.
      5) Have you faced any conflict with co worker. How will handle the situation
      4) Temperature class design. You will get the temp in celsius, farenheit or kelvin. You have to tell whether the person has fever or not.   Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2017.

Interview

2 rounds, technical round. Called for C# architect and started asking question in System Programming. 1st round went well and 2nd round the evil came and ruined my confidence. He was trying to prove he is master is all concepts. Wasted one full day and no use.

Interview Questions

• Thread, Process, DLL, Copy on Write concept, shared object in DLL and many   Answer Question

Academy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Applied in January 2018. That same day I was removed from consideration when I more than met their qualifications. Really wonder what they look for/at when looking at candidates. The same thing happened when looking at applying to other careers that Cerner offers.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

It was good.
    4 rounds of interview rounds including English test.
    First round will be discussion with HR, seems simple but they will check are you capable of working here.
    second
    Tech-1 : more on technical OOPS languages they will ask what you have written in your resume
    Third
    Tech-2 : more on technical OOPS languages they will ask what you have written in your resume
    Fourth
    Tech-3 : more on technical OOPS languages they will ask what you have written in your resume

Interview Questions

• All OOPS concepts, design patterns, you should be able to write code that explaining, since they ask all answers to be written.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

Interview

First HR round followed by technical round for about 40 minutes. HR was very polite and motivating. Technical interview had few puzzles and mostly related to data structures. There was an aptitude tests with more than 50 questions before the interview process.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

it was of 4 Round process. Normally gets over in a day. if panel not available then takes more than a day. but rolling out offer letter takes a bit time.
    - 2 technical rounds
    -1 HR round
    - 1 vocab process(English communication skills)

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2017.

Interview

First, there was a relatively short HR behavioral interview. Second, after passing the HR phone interview, there was an online virtual interview (coding solutions/programming problems, timed, several questions). Finally, the company conducted multiple onsite interviews in person with software engineers.

Interview Questions

• Determine repeats in a string   1 Answer