Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,480 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Overall a very professional process. I applied online for the position and received an email for a phone interview a few days later. The phone interview was relaxed, a sort of "get to know you" type of interview. My recruiter basically went over my resume, told me a bit about Cerner, and asked me a couple of basic questions about why I applied for the position.

Right after my phone interview, I received an invitation to go to KC for an in person interview. I accepted and was flown down to KC on a Thursday and interviewed the following Friday. There were about 20 other candidates who were all being interviewed for the same position (there were multiple openings for the position). Cerner made the interview feel very professional and informative. I learned what the position was about, we got to ask questions about working at Cerner, and we got to speak with current consulting analysts about what they do at Cerner.

The actual interview was 2 one-on-one sessions with current employees. The questions were basic behavioral questions, and before you go to your interviews, Cerner will tell you to answer in the STAR format. If you study over the questions on Glassdoor and do a quick google search on STAR questions, you'll get a really good idea of the type of questions to expect. At the end of the second interview, you have to give a presentation to your interviewer. The point of the presentation is to get to know your presentation style.

They told us that we would hear back from them in 2 weeks regarding a decision, but I had another offer so I told my recruiter that. My recruiter was very accommodating and made me an offer within a week. I really enjoyed Cerner's professionalism and the nature of the job, so I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work through a complicated task.   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I got a call from HR and within two days I was called for interview.Then I had a Pearson Test followed by two technical rounds.!st round was introductory round and some questions related to data warehousing and excel formulas and my previous analytic experience was asked.Second round was about of 1.5 hour where in detail my previous statistical work was discussed.

Interview Questions

• 1. Business Cases
      2. If I am a decision maker and wants to choose between Dell and Lenovo Laptops for my firm,then what are the things I would look upon and how will I deal with Business Requirements
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quite good. There were 3 rounds. First round was face to face technical interview with software architect. Second round was managerial round and third round was communication round

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied to a listing on my colleges jobs page. Had a phone interview (non technical). Then a technical Skype interview. Then a technical on campus interview that was technically two interviews. Both technical interviews were surprisingly easy. Everyone encountered along the way was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Had me look at a server log to determine what an error was.   4 Answers

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Has 3 rounds , HR call , hire vue video conference of 1 hr , fly to kansas city for a face to face interview lasting 2 hours . Received the offer after 2 weeks . The entire process took nearly a month to 45 days .

Interview Questions

• The HR interview last for nearly 15-30 mins . where she goes around your resume and asks basic questions about your profile which are easy and doable . HR also gives the approx joining date and salary details for the position. Was told directly that i will be having a video round next week . The video conference is more technical in nature and you are interviewed by a Software Architect . They have a fixed pattern of questions and except exact answers for most questions . The questions involve prior experience with bugs , project deployment , and few tech questions . You are given a question to code on a white board . which is to design a class . The biggest mistake which i felt candidates are doing here are they are taking the design for granted the interviewer is seeing you idea of using OOps concepts and design principle or pattern which can be used to solve the problem . I received the onsite invitation after a hour of the interview . Went to Kansas on June 1st and was interviewed there . The whole interview process is laid back and they make sure we are comfortable . Was asked to design a Temperature class for recording Temp for every hour (Used a circular queue which the interviewer liked ) ,a question about log case situation having thread id and process id( glass door has the question posted can refer it if needed) , Was asked to write a scheduler method for the told class , it was a difficult question as they are expecting us to know the calender and date class , Apart from these you will be asked a lot of other tech questions on OOPS, OS , ALGOS ,Data Structs . A lot of situational and behavior questions are also asked . Recieved the call from HR after 2 weeks . She asked for my transcripts before giving the offer .   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Had several steps, not very organised. Bad org image as most of the executives were late for the interview. I did not take the offer as they did not know the process and was considering marketing same as of sales. Also the culture of executives were very negative. They clearly wanted someone with experience, no matter how knowledgeable or educated.

Interview Questions

• B2C questions whilst the business is B2B, they just want someone experienced no matter how knowledgeable (this feedback is similar to candidates from US on this website).   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Systems Engineer(Hadoop) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was very well planned and all the rounds were scheduled for single day.

It started with versant(english speaking, reading & typing) test, 2nd round was techinical with a person asking about my experience, role etc and asked basics to in depth questions on hadoop. Winthin minutes gap i had 3 rd round and two people were asking me questions on hadoop 1.x and it was pretty easy. Some questions on unix scripting as well.

4th round was by a manager, who was intrested in knowing me and my work experience. Didnt face any technical questions here.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Was very basic. A telephonic round, prior to the F2F rounds was carried out, in which they briefed about the job role etc.

Questions in the interview were mostly from SQL. Apart from that, the HR asked basic questions such as "Are you comfortable working in shift" etc.

Knowledge Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

It is a recording interview. They will give you some link where you need to login and need to talk to a webcam.. (recorded video interview, there wont be any OP )! So basically you should be alone in the room & you should be explaining your technical skills to a webcam, for sometime I was thinking like to whom I was speaking. They will evaluate you based on your robotic skills & they call this as a new technology!

Interview Questions

• What is the architecture of your project?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to join Cerner?   1 Answer