Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017
1,554 Interview Reviews

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Had my 1st round of hr. she asked only basic resume questions and about willing to relocate?i had no technical questions. only behavioral question was why cerner?
    did not get the result will update once i am done with all rounds

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 rounds, HR and on site. 3 hrs on site. Questions from glassdoor. calender, temperature, allergy, address class questions. Why Cerner, things on my resume and some technical and behavioral questions?

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

HR Phone Interview was conducted through email, and the Codevue interview came. Lots of technical questions about OOPs and behavioral questions. Be prepared to know the basics of those.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/22 and immediately received a non-technical phone call with HR. Was then invited to take a Coding Challenge which involved 3 questions (any language):

1) Given an array of n (between 10 to 20) integers 1 through 9, return the index of the lowest unique integer (i.e. [1, 8, 2, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9, 7, 8] -> returns index 3 from value 5)

2) Given a string with a mix of comma separated words and numbers, print out two strings which contain only words in one and numbers in the other separated by commas.

3) Given numbers 1 through 52, take 5 unique numbers and determine if the number 42 can be made using any combination of addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) on those 5 numbers.

Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Phone interview... they go over salary. It's very low! And after that the interviewer didn't listen... just get me off phone .

They explained the no overtime policy and 100%travel requirement

Interview Questions

• Time when you were challenged by an employee   1 Answer

Academic Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter today, August 15, offering me to apply for the position, Academic Software Engineer. Not aware about the rest. Writing my comments about the interview process to get the full access to glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter for about 15 minutes about work experience and what coding languages i knew. After that i had a virtual interview with 3 teams for 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a bug and how did you solve it.
      About previous work experiences   Answer Question

Academic Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process has total 3 rounds.
    Round 1: Screening round: Recruiter called me and talked to me for 10 minutes. In this round, you can expect questions like Why cerner? Need H1B? class vs Object? Explain your background. Do you know agile methodology? Willing to relocate etc. After this round, they set face to face video interview.
    Round two: It runs for 1 hour. Half an hour for behavioral questions like How did you resolve bug in your project? What challenges you faced? Experience working in team. Did you get chance to ask feedback to someone?
    Half an for technical question where you will be provided an online platform to write code.It is class design question. In my case it was design allergy class and print symptoms for particular symptoms. Basically, they expect you write constructors, enum, instance variable. Some Date validations depending on requirement.
    Round 3: It was onsite face-to-face. Back to back 2 interviews with two different interviewers. They paid all expenses for travel and accommodations. They really took care of me. Very welcoming. Each round will be half technical and behavioral. Where technical session will consist one class design question like in round 2. You need to write on white board and explain. In my case , 1. Design Temperature class, variation in degree +/- 1 when temperature taken from mouth ,armpit etc. Write function isFever() which determines patient has fever or not. 2. Design Patient class and write functionality which alerts nurse to give medicine to patient after certain intervals like 4 hours, daily, hourly.
    All interviews went well. I was 90 % sure that I will definitely get offer but unfortunately Not. I could not figure out reason for that. Only shortcoming in interview process I see is everybody will be interviewed by mostly different interviews on same questions. Some interviewers will drill you and some will just listen you. I also had heard some experiences saying they could not understand the reason for rejection after all interviews going well. I faced the same situation.

Interview Questions

• Design Temperature class. Design Patient class. How to use loggers?   3 Answers

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

all the question which were in glassdoor. first round: Asked some behaviour question and about my visa status about my past experience and some basic question in java. It went 15 to 20 mins

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in August 2017.

Interview

I have applied through a reference. Hr mailed me and have arranged a meeting next week. Talked for about 25 mins. Questions like previous project/internship and some basic questions like difference between object and class, difference between string, int and enum with practical examples were asked. Set me a 1 hour hirevue coding round. Had to complete it in the next 5 business days. The next day after taking the test, hr asked me to register for the final rounds. Since I was in a different city, I was asked to take the interviews on Skype. 2 hour hirevue interviews with questions (design a temperature class and a prescription class) and some situation based questions were asked. The interviewers were really cool. 3 days after the interviews, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Jolly jumper
      Exactly this question
      http://poj.org/problem?id=2575   5 Answers
    • Input: abcdefgh
      Output: 01234567
      If the input is anything other than small letters(alphabets), the output should be none   Answer Question
    • Something related to Json formatted text   1 Answer