Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,497 Interview Reviews

2.7

Clinical Nurse Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy. Use SAR be familiar with behavioral questions. Keep good attention to detail, be concise. Be on time and have fun. Don't be so rigid, they want to know if you get along with the team. Long term projects and teamwork oriented.
    Be prepared for 3 separate and one 15 minute presentation. I got an answer in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Biggest failure and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cerner in April 2017.

Interview

I met my recruiter at a conference and she told me to apply online and to e-mail her that I applied. I did this and was contacted by her to schedule a phone screen. It was a really quick call because I had already met her at the conference, but most people will have a longer call. Two days after the phone screen she contacted me to schedule a first interview. The interview was about 3 business days later, it was an hour long and over video. 5 days later my recruiter followed up again to schedule my final round, which was two back to back one hour interviews over video again (Most people will probably have an Experience Cerner Day though). The interviews are pretty much half behavioral and half technical. It was about 1 full month between me applying and getting the offer.

Interview Questions

• How have you transitioned from working individually to working in a group?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you succeeded at a technical task, when was a time you failed, and what was the difference?   Answer Question
    • Do you know about what Cerner does?   1 Answer
    • What is a Wiki?   Answer Question
    • What is an online forum?   Answer Question
    • Describe the parts of a relational database.   1 Answer
    • What are some Unix commands that are important to know?   1 Answer
    • List all the methods of transferring data from one computer to another that you can think of   1 Answer
    • When was a time you had to use a virtual machine?   Answer Question
    • How would you troubleshoot a computer?   Answer Question
    • Do you know Windows? Linux?   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Met a Cerner associate at a career fair. The entire process took 1 month time.
    1. HR interview
    2. Technical HireVue interview
    3. Onsite group interview - 2 rounds

The interviewers follow a booklet and are very rigid on what they expect no scope for your own approach to the problem given.
    Tough to know what they are expecting.

Interview Questions

• More likely behavioral and design class questions   2 Answers

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by my friend and I got an Email from an HR to schedule a phone screen interview. I replied my availability but i never got the response from him for the next 3 weeks. I followed up with numerous emails. I then contacted the Senior Recruiter responsible for University recruiting and came to know that the HR who first contacted have left the job. How professional is that ? I feel this kind of behavior is very bad. After then the Senior recruiter scheduled me for another interview with a HR. The questions he asked were very informative for him like "Visa sponsorship", "Salary Requirements" etc. I finally got a reject because the University recruiting has been stopped for the term and I can apply only after 6 months. I have lost a job just because of negligence of a recruiter. Very unprofessional behavior.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy- be ready to negotiate salary! They had the typical situational interview questions as well as some personality based questions. Stay relaxed, the phone interviewer was intense but as long as you are relaxed and manage your responses it will go well.

Engagement Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I was recruited so I was wined and dined. Three of the senior level management persons took me out to diner and the actual interview was a formality.

What should have been a red flag was when I walked in for the interview in bldg 2800 there were dozens of interviews going on. They had small conference rooms (about 5-10) with active interviews.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, they needed my knowledge of some intellectual property so there wasn't much of an interview.   Answer Question

Cerner Consulting Interview

Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a follow-up email inviting me to campus. The on-campus interview lasted about a half day including a campus tour. I was interviewed by two different people who were part of the organization I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

One written interview, and two face to face personal interviews.Written test mainly had programming and testing basics.In-person interviews mainly had case questions, project and background related. Pretty much basic

Academy Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and knew a recruiter who sent me forward and they recommended I apply for a systems engineer. I'm not really interested in systems engineer, but wanted to get my foot in the door. This interview was phone, lasted 30 minutes, and was with an HR early career recruiter. It was the first initial interview, mostly the recruiter getting to know me.
    Within a few days of my contact passing my info along, this recruiter recommended I apply. A few days later she emailed to set up a phone interview, which we set for later that same week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Particular questions about a previous IT internship   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of a time you had to troubleshoot a computer?   1 Answer
    • What databases do you know? (I knew SQL) Have you done SQL search queries?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with systems networks? Setting up networks, wifi, or home networks?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever built your own computer? What are the components of a computer?   Answer Question
    • Have you done any configuration of a computer? Installing OS and the like?   Answer Question
    • What systems do you know? Windows, Mac, Linux?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with Active Directory?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral and the process took about 3 months. The HR process was too slow that you need to do a regular follow up to get the things done. They were very unclear about which position they are interviewing me. I was asked to apply for multiple job ID's by HR and will get a rejection mail. HR gives an explanation saying that I have to apply for a different job ID and need to re start my interview process.

Finally after 3 months, the offer letter was released offering a very low pay. This is not actually matching the average salary range.

Interview Questions

• 1st round - HR call with some behavioral questions and my interest towards the position.
      2nd round - Online Coding challenge which I need to record and send them for evaluation.

Questions:
      Least common sub sequence length.
      convert a number to binary format.
      Find an Armstrong value.

3rd round
      Its an onsite interview. Two face to face interviews each scheduled for an hour each. General behavioral questions and basic questions on data structures. I was asked to design a class with specific requirements (Allergy and Prescription). The same glass door question on race condition was asked. Went through my resume and they learnt about my projects.   1 Answer

The pay scale was too low and I felt that they do not respect freshers. They just played around with my application for 3 months with out even notifying me on what's happening with my application.