Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,638 Interview Reviews

2.7

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Really easy process and it was also very fun. People were easy to talk to and you got to know a lot about the company. They also showed you Kansas City. Because of the interview process I fell in love with the company and accepted my offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to deal with someone you did not get along with?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in October 2017.

Interview

Got contacted by HR representative and schedule phone interview for 15 minutes. After HR round, they scheduled on-site interview for 4 rounds, each 45 min technical round. Be confident and try to indulge interviewer in your thought process

Interview Questions

• Design Allergy Class for patients and track their history also.   Answer Question
    • Design Medication Class and add frequency based on prescription   Answer Question
    • Couple of Data Structures questions and which one better based on given scenarios. Also, covered Algorithms and efficiency based on the solution. Try to use Map and get solution in O(1)   Answer Question
    • Design Temperature Class and track patients fever in every one hour and create a report based on the analysis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring process started with Cerner representatives coming to the Career fair at the University. Soon what followed was an initial coding round screening that contained 3 programming questions to be coded on Cerner's platform. It was an interactive session with you having to record your explanation of the code you wrote. The first two questions were 15 minutes each and the 3rd question was to be completed in 30 minutes. After each question, you were given around 3 minutes to record your approach.

Based on your performance in the coding exercise, you get a call for the CERNER Day within a week or two. The onsite interview is scheduled for two days. The first day is a general tour of Kansas City and a dinner to interact with current Cerner employees who went through the same process. Use this opportunity to get to know everything about the company and enjoy the great food. Next morning, there are 2 back to back interviews of 1 hour each. The pattern for questions in both the rounds consists of an initial 20-25 minutes of behavioral questions and then the second half consists of a design problem to solve.

After the interview process is done, you get a tour of the campus and then a lunch.

Interview Questions

• Given one sentence at a time, return the second last word of the sentence.   1 Answer
    • Given a number, reverse its digits and add to the original number. Now check whether the number formed by performing the above mentioned operations is a Palindrome or not. If not, repeat the above process again. Return the number of steps required to reach a Palindromic number.   Answer Question
    • Given one sentence at a time, reverse all words in the sentence.   Answer Question

Got an offer from another company

Academy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Experience Cerner Day. Spend a half day at their headquarters. 25 candidates. 2 in person interviews lasting 45 minutes. Ate lunch. Overall very professional. The people interviewing you are not recruiters. The two people I interviewed with had been with the company for over 20 years.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

There were three rounds
    1)phone interview is for 1/2hour general hr questions
    2)codevue Interview Its a coding interview your video will be recorded
    3)face-to-face which lasts for around 2 hours
    Mostly they will look into your technical and behavioral skills

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background   2 Answers
    • Any of your relatives working with cerner   1 Answer
    • whats your visa status   1 Answer

Academy Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied after attending my university's career fair. Shortly thereafter, I was invited to Experience Cerner Day. Experience Cerner is a two-day event with the first day consisting of a city tour and dinner with Cerner associates at one of their campuses. Interviews were the next day. There were 3, one-hour, one on one interview back-to-back-to-back. Questions were pretty evenly split between behavior and technical. I received my offer 6 weeks after I interviewed, even though they told us it would be well within two weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/22 and immediately received a non-technical phone call with HR. Was then invited to take a Coding Challenge which involved 3 questions (any language):

1) Given an array of n (between 10 to 20) integers 1 through 9, return the index of the lowest unique integer (i.e. [1, 8, 2, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9, 7, 8] -> returns index 3 from value 5)

2) Given a string with a mix of comma separated words and numbers, print out two strings which contain only words in one and numbers in the other separated by commas.

3) Given numbers 1 through 52, take 5 unique numbers and determine if the number 42 can be made using any combination of addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) on those 5 numbers.

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was pretty informal. More like a conversation. They promised all of these things in the interview that did not come to fruition. The HR team did not have a great understanding of what the analysts may actually be doing.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call: 20min HR phone call focused on explaining examples of uses for certain data types. Behavioral questions, stuff from resume and past work experience.

Codevue: questions on how I learn programming and technical concepts and three programming problems. They were all really simple as long as you actually know how to program.

Round 3? I'll update if I am selected to move on.

Interview Questions

• Given two lists as input ex. 1,2,3,4;5,6,7. Print the last integer of first list and first integer of second list. If they are same only print one, if not print in ascending order ex. 5,4. Pretty simple only took about 10 min.   3 Answers
    • Given a string separated by a space like "123456 abc+efg" determine the solution by mapping integers to letters like a:1, b:2, c:3, d:4, e:5, f:6. The only operations allowed were + or -. So the calculated solution that made the tests pass was 123+456 = 579. Again took about 10 min of the 15min allowed.   1 Answer
    • Implement a stack with a push method and alternating pop method. This one was the 30min problem but only took around 20 min.   2 Answers

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Was emailed to do to a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. They ask basic questions about past work experience along with a couple behavioral questions. Was asked to come in for a face to face interview the next week. Interview consisted of 3 30 minute interviews with different people. Asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question