Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,648 Interview Reviews

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/22 and immediately received a non-technical phone call with HR. Was then invited to take a Coding Challenge which involved 3 questions (any language):

1) Given an array of n (between 10 to 20) integers 1 through 9, return the index of the lowest unique integer (i.e. [1, 8, 2, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9, 7, 8] -> returns index 3 from value 5)

2) Given a string with a mix of comma separated words and numbers, print out two strings which contain only words in one and numbers in the other separated by commas.

3) Given numbers 1 through 52, take 5 unique numbers and determine if the number 42 can be made using any combination of addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) on those 5 numbers.

Analyst Interview

Interview

It was pretty informal. More like a conversation. They promised all of these things in the interview that did not come to fruition. The HR team did not have a great understanding of what the analysts may actually be doing.

Academy Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional and organized. The interview consisted of a 30 minute phone interview after which I was invited to Cerner's in person interviews. During the in-person interviews, there were 2 interviews which lasted about 1.5 hrs total. The interviews were very relaxed and focused primarily on behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work through a complex problem with little information given to you.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to make a quick decision with not a lot of information.   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Phone call: 20min HR phone call focused on explaining examples of uses for certain data types. Behavioral questions, stuff from resume and past work experience.

Codevue: questions on how I learn programming and technical concepts and three programming problems. They were all really simple as long as you actually know how to program.

Round 3? I'll update if I am selected to move on.

Interview Questions

• Given two lists as input ex. 1,2,3,4;5,6,7. Print the last integer of first list and first integer of second list. If they are same only print one, if not print in ascending order ex. 5,4. Pretty simple only took about 10 min.   3 Answers
    • Given a string separated by a space like "123456 abc+efg" determine the solution by mapping integers to letters like a:1, b:2, c:3, d:4, e:5, f:6. The only operations allowed were + or -. So the calculated solution that made the tests pass was 123+456 = 579. Again took about 10 min of the 15min allowed.   1 Answer
    • Implement a stack with a push method and alternating pop method. This one was the 30min problem but only took around 20 min.   2 Answers

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Was emailed to do to a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. They ask basic questions about past work experience along with a couple behavioral questions. Was asked to come in for a face to face interview the next week. Interview consisted of 3 30 minute interviews with different people. Asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Onsite was 2 rounds of 1 hour each. Each interview was mostly behavioral with barely any writing on a white board. Overall, the interview went pretty well, and the campus is beautiful.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First an HR interview based on resume and some behavioral questions followed by a Skype call technical questions were asked, then followed by an on-site interview, most of the questions were asked from glassdoor

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I applied with a recruiter that came to my school. The following day I had an interview with a former student that was now working at Cerner. Following the interview I was informed that he would recommend me to the recruiter and I should hear back from her within a few days. I received an email not long after saying they would like to bring me on campus for another round of interviews. Onsite, I had two 30min to an hour long interviews. All the interviews involved the typical behavior questions and then some technical things like making a class or coding some basic functionality.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

internet technical interview:
    2 questions (15 minutes each)
    1 question (30 minutes )
    You can program in any language you want. After each question you'll need to send a 2 minute video of yourself explaining your code!!

Interview Questions

• write a program that will decipher code that contains letters and symbols.
      if letter return the appropriate numeric value
      otherwise
      output invalid code   Answer Question

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner in September 2017.

Interview

Phone interview
    Coding round
    2 onsite rounds
    Behavioural questions and coding questions
    All questions from glasdoor. Please refer glassdoor. Design temperature class. Design medication class. How do you get the requirements from client. How do you solve the bugs.

Interview Questions

• behavioural questions
      coding questions   2 Answers