Cerner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,479 Interview Reviews

2.7

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

The phone interview consists of some basic HR questions about your resume, and I was asked two behavioral type questions. However, mostly the recruiter will talk to fill you in on the job description and the company. You will be invited right then for your onsite interview.

I scheduled my onsite interview for about 3 weeks later (I was given two different options). I was flown to Kansas City and put in a hotel for the night. On the interview day, they shuttle everyone from the hotel to their campus. It starts with a presentation on the company, and then there are two back-to-back 30-minute behavioral interviews and a 10-15 minute presentation. The presentation is made without the use of any visual aids and will be delivered only to your second interviewer. It sounds intense, but both of my interviewers were super friendly and tried to make it very conversational. My second interviewer also gave me positive feedback on my presentation right then, which was really comforting. She mentioned that they really look for rate of speech, amount of filler words, eye contact, and how heavily you rely on the notecards. So make sure you really practice your stuff. Also, definitely ask them any questions you have. They really want to answer them and you'll probably feel better if you can carry on a conversation with them.

After the interviews, they give you a tour of the campus. Note: if you don't normally wear heels, maybe don't wear them for the interview because there's a bit of walking and you don't want to make yourself uncomfortable.

After that, they tell you you will hear back from them (no matter what the result is) in two weeks, but it took a little longer for me and I had to email my recruiter to find out what was going on. But I still got an offer, so if you're not hearing back from them on time, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a rejection!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you over performed and a time when you under performed and tell me what the difference was?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very good. We watched a video and then interviewed with two people and gave a 10 min presentation. We took a tour of the campus and was told we would hear back in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• describe a problem at work and how did you solve it? Please describe your thought process in making the decision.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

First theres a phone interview then two separate in person interview with two people. There were a lot of behavioral questions, which involved a lot of a lot of the same sounding questions.

Academy Systems Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

First phase is a phone interview with HR representative, an introduction of the role and the company. The second phase is technical and somewhat calm, i believe it was just a formality but had already chose specific candidates.
    EEO - 50/50 i believe they are very rigid on who they hire.

Implementation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Typical HR Interview. Followed up with a onsite interview with 3 Managers in one day. Some lite technical questions. Nothing too difficult. Mostly discussed my background. Sadly I clearly stated my Salary Requirements during the initial HR Interview process. All through the process I was told that was in range. When I received the offer, it was about 15k less than current salary. I couldn't say NO quick enough.

Interview Questions

• What does DICOM mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed started with the recruiter reaching out and asked me for open times for a phone interview. The interview focused on behavioral questions and simple technical questions regarding OOD. Then asked about my offers, so she sped up the schedule and arranged interviews for me virtually. Second round was one 1hour interview with a Team Lead, asked me to design a class with OOD, he wants to see how you think and ask about team behavioral questions. Third round is two 1hour interview with Software Engineers at Cerner, both also involves designing a class, but a bit tougher this round. Asked a lot about adding new functions or fixing upon a situation, also asked about technical situations you should prepare for. Normally you would fly out for third interview. Got an offer couple days later.

Interview Questions

• First Interview: about projects, about work experience, about handling feedback, about how you feel about programming and why you chose your major   Answer Question
    • Second Interview : Design an allergy class with name and severity of patient and how would you add it to a patient class. Asked about debugging skills and parameter checking   Answer Question
    • Third Round: Design a medication class dealing with dosages, quantity, duration, start, end date, so on and so forth. Handle situations with dealing with duration vs as needed meds. Technical questions on possibly bugs and how would you handle   Answer Question
    • Third Round Part Two: Design a temperature class dealing with temperature, and how do distinguish when someone has a fever or their temperature is higher than normal. Asked about situations dealing with a time when you understand a project to group members of different fields or differently from one member to another. Asked about past most frustrating bug. Asked about how you would figure out an error without debugger   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR shortly after. HR call reviewed my resume and told me more about the position. Scheduled an interview in person for 3- 45 min rounds.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First off, I have entry-level experience only so this may not be the same for everyone. Started with a typical HR phone screening, double checking resume info and all that. Then had a remote, Skype-esque 'technical' interview with a current Software Engineer. Question was the Allergy class like everyone else has said. In my opinion, it was a very poorly worded question that gave little to no direction. It was easy enough to understand but what they actually wanted you to give them made little sense without more context. The software Cerner uses for the interview has a notepad type component so you can type into it and the interviewer can see what you are typing. The guy I interviewed with basically just wanted sudo-code and not a complete, working program or anything. Granted, I was also pretty rusty on my technical skills despite a few days of prep and refresh prior.

Learning Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone interview is no big deal, followed up by three 30-minute interviews at the headquarters (some can do remotely if they are out of state). These are to tell you about the position, behavioral based questions, and to see if you can hold a conversation and are personable enough to be a consultant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time during your last job that you dealt with a complex problem and talk me through how you solved that problem.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. Skype and then onsite.Skype round was little difficult. Once you clear the phone round next will be onsite interview. I did not get the offer but its easy to crack the interview.