Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

2.6

677 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Has 3 rounds , HR call , hire vue video conference of 1 hr , fly to kansas city for a face to face interview lasting 2 hours . Received the offer after 2 weeks . The entire process took nearly a month to 45 days .

Interview Questions

• The HR interview last for nearly 15-30 mins . where she goes around your resume and asks basic questions about your profile which are easy and doable . HR also gives the approx joining date and salary details for the position. Was told directly that i will be having a video round next week . The video conference is more technical in nature and you are interviewed by a Software Architect . They have a fixed pattern of questions and except exact answers for most questions . The questions involve prior experience with bugs , project deployment , and few tech questions . You are given a question to code on a white board . which is to design a class . The biggest mistake which i felt candidates are doing here are they are taking the design for granted the interviewer is seeing you idea of using OOps concepts and design principle or pattern which can be used to solve the problem . I received the onsite invitation after a hour of the interview . Went to Kansas on June 1st and was interviewed there . The whole interview process is laid back and they make sure we are comfortable . Was asked to design a Temperature class for recording Temp for every hour (Used a circular queue which the interviewer liked ) ,a question about log case situation having thread id and process id( glass door has the question posted can refer it if needed) , Was asked to write a scheduler method for the told class , it was a difficult question as they are expecting us to know the calender and date class , Apart from these you will be asked a lot of other tech questions on OOPS, OS , ALGOS ,Data Structs . A lot of situational and behavior questions are also asked . Recieved the call from HR after 2 weeks . She asked for my transcripts before giving the offer .   7 Answers

Academic Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Got an email from the recruiter today, August 15, offering me to apply for the position, Academic Software Engineer. Not aware about the rest. Writing my comments about the interview process to get the full access to glassdoor.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews.
    First round was a call from the recruiter checking the graduation date, location and the package. Basic java questions and a brief explanation of the most recent work experience.
    Second round was on hirevue where the Allergy class question was asked. A lot of behavioral and design level questions on internships and work experience.
    Third round consisted of two rounds where the Medication, notification to nurse, the temperature class and deadlock questions were asked. But be prepared to answer a lot of questions on programming basics for about half of both the interviews. Lots of behavioral questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview experience was wonderful. The interviewers were very friendly, they made me feel comfortable and gave good insights on my solutions.
     1st round - Phone interview, If they like you then they'll fly you to Kansas city for final round. Final round- 3 rounds, 1 hour each of face-to-face coding / technical interviews with three different teams.
    Kudos to the team of recruiters who make the interview process and the experience hassle free and easy.

Interview Questions

• Data Structures , Behavioral/ Technical questions, System Design, Java technical questions   2 Answers

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

Turn in resume -> phone interview with a recruiter -> phone interview with Cerner HR -> in person interview at Cerner World Headquarters. Cerner flies you out to World Headquarters, and they pay for your accommodation in a hotel if necessary. At World Headquarters, you interview with two employees that may or may not be in the same department as you.

Interview Questions

• What role do you take when you work in a team?
      Tell me about a time you had a problem. How did you solve it?

You will then be asked to give a presentation about the topic of your choosing. I gave a presentation on Pokemon.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied it online and got the email for phone interview. Basic questions were asked. HR told me they will inform me on Monday of coming week. On Monday I got an automated Mail saying they are moving with another candidate. Questions all are based on STAR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

questions pretty much from Glassdoor.
    Should be fine if you go through them.
    Know everything from your resume and be confident while answering.
    They ask you to do some coding, be prepared for that also.
    My interview is still in process

Interview Questions

• Lets say you have a LIST of production issues, how do you prioritize them?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Interview Questions

• How did you here about Cerner   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is comprised of several interviews including a Skype interview, where you are required to do some basic coding to show your understanding of concepts and how you would tackle problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix a problem if you are unable to see the code for an application?   8 Answers

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

3 one hour interviews back to back. one on one. mostly whiteboard exercises about building classes in your best language. before that a phone interview mostly about work experience and few character questions