Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Has 3 rounds , HR call , hire vue video conference of 1 hr , fly to kansas city for a face to face interview lasting 2 hours . Received the offer after 2 weeks . The entire process took nearly a month to 45 days .

Interview Questions

• The HR interview last for nearly 15-30 mins . where she goes around your resume and asks basic questions about your profile which are easy and doable . HR also gives the approx joining date and salary details for the position. Was told directly that i will be having a video round next week . The video conference is more technical in nature and you are interviewed by a Software Architect . They have a fixed pattern of questions and except exact answers for most questions . The questions involve prior experience with bugs , project deployment , and few tech questions . You are given a question to code on a white board . which is to design a class . The biggest mistake which i felt candidates are doing here are they are taking the design for granted the interviewer is seeing you idea of using OOps concepts and design principle or pattern which can be used to solve the problem . I received the onsite invitation after a hour of the interview . Went to Kansas on June 1st and was interviewed there . The whole interview process is laid back and they make sure we are comfortable . Was asked to design a Temperature class for recording Temp for every hour (Used a circular queue which the interviewer liked ) ,a question about log case situation having thread id and process id( glass door has the question posted can refer it if needed) , Was asked to write a scheduler method for the told class , it was a difficult question as they are expecting us to know the calender and date class , Apart from these you will be asked a lot of other tech questions on OOPS, OS , ALGOS ,Data Structs . A lot of situational and behavior questions are also asked . Recieved the call from HR after 2 weeks . She asked for my transcripts before giving the offer .   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process is comprised of several interviews including a Skype interview, where you are required to do some basic coding to show your understanding of concepts and how you would tackle problems.

Interview Questions

• How would you fix a problem if you are unable to see the code for an application?   5 Answers

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted by a Cerner recruiter through linkdIn. I filled out the application per the recruiters request and I was contact via email soon after. I had a preliminary interview with the recruiter so they could get a feel for my interests, resume read, and behavioral questions. After that, I was informed that I'd interview with a Systems Engineer for a behavioral/technical video interview. Once I passed that, I was told I would be moved on to the final stage which is a 2 day trip to the HQ in KC. It consisted of a tour the first day and then two back to back interviews the second day. Every Cerner employee I came in contact with was very friendly, open, and most importantly professional.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Very casual and very comfortable! Asked very little about the company, which I had studied for quite a bit. Definitely communicated a laid-back atmosphere, however, they still have a very structured procedure. It was actually quite refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Were most curious if I could adapt to their culture.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied on April 20, 2017 and received invitation for phone interview immediately. Phone interview includes background and previous experience (if any). If you doesn't have any previous experience, prepare to answer some technical questions.

2nd round: Video interview (1hour)

Again asked about background and previous experience. Asked some HR questions and then asked to design Allergy class which has some properties like reportedBy, Symptoms etc.

3rd round: 2 interviews, each 1 hour. (may 25)

Very similar to video interview, except that it is in person and different technical questions.

Received offer in 10 days.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screen- At end of phone invited me for virtual interview a week later.
    2. Virtual Interview- Was with a lead architect. Asked a lot of questions on resume. Design question. Got decision in 3 days.
    3. On Site- 2 rounds back to back white board coding and behavorial questions. Got offer next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were behind schedule.   3 Answers

Clinical Nurse Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy. Use SAR be familiar with behavioral questions. Keep good attention to detail, be concise. Be on time and have fun. Don't be so rigid, they want to know if you get along with the team. Long term projects and teamwork oriented.
    Be prepared for 3 separate and one 15 minute presentation. I got an answer in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Biggest failure and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Met a Cerner associate at a career fair. The entire process took 1 month time.
    1. HR interview
    2. Technical HireVue interview
    3. Onsite group interview - 2 rounds

The interviewers follow a booklet and are very rigid on what they expect no scope for your own approach to the problem given.
    Tough to know what they are expecting.

Interview Questions

• More likely behavioral and design class questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by my friend and I got an Email from an HR to schedule a phone screen interview. I replied my availability but i never got the response from him for the next 3 weeks. I followed up with numerous emails. I then contacted the Senior Recruiter responsible for University recruiting and came to know that the HR who first contacted have left the job. How professional is that ? I feel this kind of behavior is very bad. After then the Senior recruiter scheduled me for another interview with a HR. The questions he asked were very informative for him like "Visa sponsorship", "Salary Requirements" etc. I finally got a reject because the University recruiting has been stopped for the term and I can apply only after 6 months. I have lost a job just because of negligence of a recruiter. Very unprofessional behavior.