Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

2.6

754 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of online interview. Started off with a telephonic call from the technical recruiter and it led to a 3 hour back to back interviews. The questions initially were not unusual and everything that was mentioned here was asked.

Interview Questions

• general class design questions mentioned here on glassdoor   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted by a Cerner recruiter through linkdIn. I filled out the application per the recruiters request and I was contact via email soon after. I had a preliminary interview with the recruiter so they could get a feel for my interests, resume read, and behavioral questions. After that, I was informed that I'd interview with a Systems Engineer for a behavioral/technical video interview. Once I passed that, I was told I would be moved on to the final stage which is a 2 day trip to the HQ in KC. It consisted of a tour the first day and then two back to back interviews the second day. Every Cerner employee I came in contact with was very friendly, open, and most importantly professional.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Very casual and very comfortable! Asked very little about the company, which I had studied for quite a bit. Definitely communicated a laid-back atmosphere, however, they still have a very structured procedure. It was actually quite refreshing.

Interview Questions

• Were most curious if I could adapt to their culture.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied on April 20, 2017 and received invitation for phone interview immediately. Phone interview includes background and previous experience (if any). If you doesn't have any previous experience, prepare to answer some technical questions.

2nd round: Video interview (1hour)

Again asked about background and previous experience. Asked some HR questions and then asked to design Allergy class which has some properties like reportedBy, Symptoms etc.

3rd round: 2 interviews, each 1 hour. (may 25)

Very similar to video interview, except that it is in person and different technical questions.

Received offer in 10 days.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Six hour long "Experience Cerner Day." Meet and greet followed by three one-hour interviews back to back to back. Followed by company provided lunch with an associate to answer questions or concerns about the daily life and responsibilities, and then a campus tour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

First round: Background phone screening with a recruiter
    Second round: HireVue interview with a Knowledge Architect. Simple design questions
    Third round: Campus tour. Onsite interview with 2 team leads. Lunch on campus

Interview Questions

• Second round: Your favorite data structure? Why? What is the time complexity of insert, delete, search of this data structure   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

1. Phone screen- At end of phone invited me for virtual interview a week later.
    2. Virtual Interview- Was with a lead architect. Asked a lot of questions on resume. Design question. Got decision in 3 days.
    3. On Site- 2 rounds back to back white board coding and behavorial questions. Got offer next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were behind schedule.   3 Answers

Clinical Nurse Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy. Use SAR be familiar with behavioral questions. Keep good attention to detail, be concise. Be on time and have fun. Don't be so rigid, they want to know if you get along with the team. Long term projects and teamwork oriented.
    Be prepared for 3 separate and one 15 minute presentation. I got an answer in 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Biggest failure and how did you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Met a Cerner associate at a career fair. The entire process took 1 month time.
    1. HR interview
    2. Technical HireVue interview
    3. Onsite group interview - 2 rounds

The interviewers follow a booklet and are very rigid on what they expect no scope for your own approach to the problem given.
    Tough to know what they are expecting.

Interview Questions

• More likely behavioral and design class questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by my friend and I got an Email from an HR to schedule a phone screen interview. I replied my availability but i never got the response from him for the next 3 weeks. I followed up with numerous emails. I then contacted the Senior Recruiter responsible for University recruiting and came to know that the HR who first contacted have left the job. How professional is that ? I feel this kind of behavior is very bad. After then the Senior recruiter scheduled me for another interview with a HR. The questions he asked were very informative for him like "Visa sponsorship", "Salary Requirements" etc. I finally got a reject because the University recruiting has been stopped for the term and I can apply only after 6 months. I have lost a job just because of negligence of a recruiter. Very unprofessional behavior.