Cerner Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

2.6

767 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Academy Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I was referred by my friend and I got an Email from an HR to schedule a phone screen interview. I replied my availability but i never got the response from him for the next 3 weeks. I followed up with numerous emails. I then contacted the Senior Recruiter responsible for University recruiting and came to know that the HR who first contacted have left the job. How professional is that ? I feel this kind of behavior is very bad. After then the Senior recruiter scheduled me for another interview with a HR. The questions he asked were very informative for him like "Visa sponsorship", "Salary Requirements" etc. I finally got a reject because the University recruiting has been stopped for the term and I can apply only after 6 months. I have lost a job just because of negligence of a recruiter. Very unprofessional behavior.

Bilingual Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy- be ready to negotiate salary! They had the typical situational interview questions as well as some personality based questions. Stay relaxed, the phone interviewer was intense but as long as you are relaxed and manage your responses it will go well.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

These folks have a great interviewing process. They were always very respectful of my time and responsive to my calls. Prior to my onsite meeting, they provided me with an itinerary that told me the names and titles of who I would be meeting with that day. They even provided a notebook and pen to take with me. That's right, interview swag! I had three separate meetings with managers who all led pleasant and informative interviews. The recruiter followed up the next week just like she said she would. Ultimately, I think they went with someone else who had a little more industry experience. I'd definitely interview with them again.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have selling networking solutions?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral and the process took about 3 months. The HR process was too slow that you need to do a regular follow up to get the things done. They were very unclear about which position they are interviewing me. I was asked to apply for multiple job ID's by HR and will get a rejection mail. HR gives an explanation saying that I have to apply for a different job ID and need to re start my interview process.

Finally after 3 months, the offer letter was released offering a very low pay. This is not actually matching the average salary range.

Interview Questions

• 1st round - HR call with some behavioral questions and my interest towards the position.
      2nd round - Online Coding challenge which I need to record and send them for evaluation.

Questions:
      Least common sub sequence length.
      convert a number to binary format.
      Find an Armstrong value.

3rd round
      Its an onsite interview. Two face to face interviews each scheduled for an hour each. General behavioral questions and basic questions on data structures. I was asked to design a class with specific requirements (Allergy and Prescription). The same glass door question on race condition was asked. Went through my resume and they learnt about my projects.   3 Answers

The pay scale was too low and I felt that they do not respect freshers. They just played around with my application for 3 months with out even notifying me on what's happening with my application.

Academy Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and knew a recruiter who sent me forward and they recommended I apply for a systems engineer. I'm not really interested in systems engineer, but wanted to get my foot in the door. This interview was phone, lasted 30 minutes, and was with an HR early career recruiter. It was the first initial interview, mostly the recruiter getting to know me.
    Within a few days of my contact passing my info along, this recruiter recommended I apply. A few days later she emailed to set up a phone interview, which we set for later that same week.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Particular questions about a previous IT internship   Answer Question
    • Can you give me an example of a time you had to troubleshoot a computer?   1 Answer
    • What databases do you know? (I knew SQL) Have you done SQL search queries?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with systems networks? Setting up networks, wifi, or home networks?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever built your own computer? What are the components of a computer?   Answer Question
    • Have you done any configuration of a computer? Installing OS and the like?   Answer Question
    • What systems do you know? Windows, Mac, Linux?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience with Active Directory?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

The interview process had 3 stages. The phone interview was basic HR, second phone interview was basic java OOPS questions. The third on site was a full day interview in which they asked many interview questions about JAVA and gave a company tour.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Had phone interview, then had 3 back to back interviews with different team members. All interviews were informational about position and had a few behavior questions. Overall the process was relaxing during the interviews and they were very accommodating.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online, at the recommendation of a friend who worked there. Soon after completing the online application, I was offered a phone interview. I scheduled the interview at my convenience about a week and a half later. The interview was conducted by a recruiter with mostly behavioral-type and ambiguous questions. At the end of the interview she offered me an in-person interview in Kansas City, MO (they call it Experience Cerner Day).

They flew to me to Kansas City two weeks later for ECD. I arrived Thursday night with about 25 other candidates, had a tour of Kansas City and dinner with current Cerner Associates. Friday morning they bussed us to Headquarters for interviews and informational sessions about Cerner. After giving a few "Cerner Spiels" I interviewed for the job. The interviews were 2 back-to-back behavioral interviews with mostly behavioral questions. At the end of the second interview you have a 10 minute "presentation" where you speak on a topic of your choosing without any visual aids. (This is really no big deal. It was much more of a conversation than anything else.) After the interview they took us on a tour of campus and gave us lunch in the cafeteria with more current associates.

Everyone was very friendly and made the interviews feel more like conversations than exams. The current Cerner Associates were also helpful in giving a realistic feel of company culture.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time how you solved a complex problem without a lot of information.   Answer Question

Inter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Started with a 30 minute phone interview, then had an hour behavioral/technical interview over HireVue (their online hiring platform). It was about an even split between behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain the hardware of a computer   1 Answer

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online and a few weeks later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Once you get past the phone interview, there are multiple in person interviews back to back. Most questions are behavioral or about past work experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond at a previous job   1 Answer