Cerner Learning Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Learning Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Phone interview is no big deal, followed up by three 30-minute interviews at the headquarters (some can do remotely if they are out of state). These are to tell you about the position, behavioral based questions, and to see if you can hold a conversation and are personable enough to be a consultant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time during your last job that you dealt with a complex problem and talk me through how you solved that problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral, received a request for a phone interview that day. Phone interview was scheduled for a few days later...was initially frustrated because the recruiter never called. Sent an email and she asked to reschedule due to a long lasting meeting. Phone interview was about 25 minutes..mostly typical HR questions about whether or not I was legal to work in US and then asked how I found out about this job & why I chose Cerner. Then was asked about my work experience and a behavioral question. I was offered an in-person interview at the end of the conversation. Visited Cerner a week later for three 30 minute interviews. Sat in a room and the interviewers came in one at a time. Was informed about the travel and asked a couple questions about why I'd be a good fit. One interviewer asked strictly behavioral questions. Two days later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you've had to complete a project with little to no direction.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you've had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I was sent an email to the role description and application page through an email from an employee referral. Then a recruiter called me for the phone screening, followed by an on site interview with several different members of the team that I would be hired into. A lot of the same questions were repeated during this process since I met the different team members individually.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter. I believe there would have been a second and possibly third interview with a panel of managers and recruiters. The recruiter called me from her home and the interview felt very casual. I personally thought the whole experience was a bit unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

It moved fairly quickly. I applied online, received an email from a recruiter within days, then had a phone interview and an in-person interview in Kansas City. Cerner covered my travel and hotel expenses.

They use behaviorally-based interview questions in which they want to know who was involved, what the situation was, and your actions.

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter. Had two virtual interviews the next week that went really well. They were very easy to talk to. I was a little disappointed because one of the interviewers ended with a positive comment that hinted I would have a great chance for the position, however I did not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you worked with a group of diverse people.   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in June 2015.

Interview

Apolied online abs received an email from a recruiter about a month later. We scheduled a phone interview and things went great. She followed up with me shortly after the phone interview to begin scheduling my face to face/in person interview. and that's when everything went down hill. things were moving along smoothly and i followed all of the directions given to me and then they lost my travel information and canceled my interview! it was so unprofessional and i received no apology. the recruiter was basically just like "oh well, sorry about your luck!". i highly doubt i will apply to a position with this company again because of his whole ordeal. it was truly upsetting and to be honest, aggravating.

Interview Questions

• General questions.. tell me about yourself, explain your background, etc.   Answer Question

Learning Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in August 2013.

Interview

As a remote associate who was referred by a current employee, all of my interviews were conducted over the phone. There was the initial interview with the hiring manager, followed by three seperate interviews with the Executive Stakeholders. Since I had extensive industry experience, the interviews were more geared toward uncovering my interpersonal skills. Questions like, "Name a time where you had to solve a big problem at work, and how did you handle it", and "Give me an example of a time when you had a challenging stakeholder that you had to manage and how you overcame the situation" were common theme.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you possess that will contribute to this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

In the beginning, Cerner was professional about the interview process. However, as the hiring process dragged on Cerner was EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL in the manner they handled potential employees there. The recruiter followed up consistently early on in the interview and then barely communicated at all in later stages. I also noticed several other "red flags" in the organization. This was very surprising given that I was referred to Cerner by a good friend of mine, which is how I secured the interview. After meeting several employees later outside of Cerner, I learned that the organization is good to start your career but after 2 years, get out and go somewhere else. If you have experience designing and delivering training programs, then this is NOT the organization for you. They're looking for new talent and want to ingrain you in their ways and methods. Political games could easily be sensed during the interview. I've been on a handful of interviews (approx 6) and Cerner was definitely the most unprofessional. I recommend to steer away.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

There were 3 interviews two easy and one difficult interviewers. They will ask relevant questions and then rate you on a 5 point scale.

Interview Questions

• What situation have you been in that you failed? How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or good luck!