Cerner Interview Questions in North Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

Cerner Interview Questions in North Kansas City, MO

2.6

Exploratory Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Spoke with recruiter over the phone, then went in for face to face interviews with 4 people across different organizations. Several departments had openings that my background fit so it was nice to learn about the different opportunities. Unfortunately this was right before 9/11 so it took some time to move to an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes - everything is negotiable. You should always ask for a bit more money. You only really get to negotiate your comp at the offer stage. Once you are employed it's much harder to negotiate a comp increase beyond what is determined at performance review.

Medical Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward and relaxed. Everyone was friendly. They gave me the opportunity to ask questions on what to expect in the position...Hours, benefits etc. No intimidation into giving a certain answer.

Medical Billing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly, you had 2 30 minute interviews back to back. Which I really appreciate, it is less time and travel. Afree interview, the recruiter came in and offered me the job. I didn't accept right away, I sent an email 3 days later accepting the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation at all, can't say I didn't try..

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

I went through the referral program. One of my buddy referred me for an opening position and I got the interview call with 2 weeks. They flew me in to Kansas City, where their World Headquarters is located. I had three rounds of interview, 2 technical and 1 behavioral. After completing the interview, they got back with a response in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Design a Temperature Class to read and hold patient body temperature over a period of time and generate an alert if any abnormal variations is observed. Note: Need to account for patient's regular body temperature i.e. not everyone's body temp is same.   Answer Question

Engagement Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

First contacted for a phone interview. Phone interview asked a few cursory background questions followed by 3-4 behavioral questions. After accepted for in-person interview I met with 3 individuals for 45 minute one-on-one sessions. They were very professional and engaging. Each asked 4-5 behavioral questions as well as conducted small talk to get a sense of the interviewee. They were looking for a cultural fit for Cerner.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Face to face conversation, everyone was very personable. Described job responsibilities at high level. Reviewed qualifications and why you'd be a good fit for the role being interviewed.

Interview Questions

• STAR Format
      Tell me about a time when type questions.
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation phase.

Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on Cerners website, received an email from recruiter to schedule phone interview within 48 hours of applying. Received an opportunity to formally interview at WHQ at the conclusion of phone interview. Two weeks after formal interview at WHQ and offer was made. Smooth process and good communication between the recruiter and myself was very beneficial throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little to no instructions! What was the problem, how did you address it and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a senior recruiter for the Solution Architect position after I had previously applied for a position with Cerner. After being contacted by this recruiter, I went through the first-level application on the Cerner website. I was then provided a phone interview within 5 business days with the senior recruiter to discuss the basics of the job. After completion of the initial phone interview, I received an e-mail about 3 business days after the phone interview from another member of the HR team at Cerner to schedule my on-site interview. I was scheduled to meet with three individuals (2 Directors and 1 Manger) and was told the process would take about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

The first person I met with shared the basics regarding travel, expected knowledge level, desired knowledge/skills/abilities, and some info about the team I will be working with. She also shared her experience of "a day in the life" of a Solution Architect and her general experience at Cerner.

The second person I met with shared a few more technical aspects of the position and he also shared his experience of "a day in the life" of a Solution Architect and his general experience at Cerner.

The third person was more cut and dry, sticking primarily to interview questions, etc. She did, however, provide her experience of "a day in the life" of Solution Architect and her general experience at Cerner.

ALL three of these individuals had several behavioral or situational questions which seemed like standard interview questions to me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you provided an innovative solution to a problem, but had to troubleshoot or provide damage control for other issues discovered after implementing your solution.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I have received an informal offer, but have not yet received the formal offer of employment.

Delivery Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I went through five different interviews with cerner employees in different sections of cerner. they asked basic interview questions. all emplyees were young and very welcoming. the cerner campus is very nice.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if a coworker came to you complaining about another coworker   Answer Question

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

Phone conversation with HR rep was the first step. Had a brief phone interview, as well, after the initial conversation. Next step was an in-person interview with three of the organization executives.