Cerner Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.9

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First an HR interview based on resume and some behavioral questions followed by a Skype call technical questions were asked, then followed by an on-site interview, most of the questions were asked from glassdoor

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

I went through the referral program. One of my buddy referred me for an opening position and I got the interview call with 2 weeks. They flew me in to Kansas City, where their World Headquarters is located. I had three rounds of interview, 2 technical and 1 behavioral. After completing the interview, they got back with a response in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Design a Temperature Class to read and hold patient body temperature over a period of time and generate an alert if any abnormal variations is observed. Note: Need to account for patient's regular body temperature i.e. not everyone's body temp is same.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, but then I was not looking for a change. Later things changed, I applied at Cerner and followed up with the same recruiter. Had a phone screening a week or 2 later and I was scheduled to meet 3 Cerner associates(Director, Sr. Architect and Knowledge Architect) the week after.
    The overall interview experience was better than the other big GPS Tech company in the locality. It was 3x1 hour, 1 on 1 sessions mostly behavioral based on your previous projects, though the last round with the Knowledge Architect focused more on the technical aspects of the projects. No whiteboard sessions/pseudo code exercises, which I was expecting based on my recruiters suggestions and other glassdoor reviews. I was wondering why they didn't do any core technical assessment and even thought maybe I didn't impress them enough to judge my technical skills.
    Couple of weeks later I got a followup interview request with another Knowledge Architect, which I thought was a good sign. This time I met with 2 Cerner Associates, one of them did the talking and the other guy sat through as an observer. it was mostly technical and did some white board and pseudo code exercise on temperature measurement functionality. Upon hindsight I think I could've done better, but I think the interviewers were looking for how I articulated my design/ideas and how I received their suggestions/feedback.
    Couple of weeks later I got the offer and I I think will accept it. As an H1B employee with family, I think this is the best I can get in KC. The medical and healthcare benefits sounds good and that's very important to me. If you are on H1B and you have an affinity to KC, I think Cerner is a great place - make sure you are thorough about your previous projects and communicate clearly and confidently without being cocky.

Interview Questions

• Situations in your previous project - egs: A repetitive production issue, how you tackled it and how to automate the solution..
      Temperature functionality - measure temperature from different parts of body, in a schedule, using different scales, alert if abnormal...   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They seemed to be confused on what they should ask. Looks like they are caught up in old school college grad questions without any reasonable link to what is needed for the actual job.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Had to talk to three architects.

Negotiation

No Negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Three interviewers, 45 min each. The questions are mentioned and answered by others.
    1. Output of a recursive function
    2. Adding numbers from a list to binary search tree, how do you balance it
    3. Simple programs - write the algorithms (very easy ;))
    4. Board games ( test simple object oriented concepts).

Most of the interviewers look for how you present and engage them. They were patient and great to talk. I really liked the company but Kansas City is not the place for me.. Got the offer, but have two offers ( have made up my mind to pick one of them ).

Location is not my kind

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Senior recruiter called me 2 weeks before the interview and talked to me in general about the company and the job. Asked few behavioral questions as well. Then a face to face interview was scheduled at the company. It was completely behavioral type of interview. 3 different persons interviewed me for approx 30 mins each. Prepare well with the regular behavioral qns. You can easily get through the answers if you recap your career working on different projects on the day before.

I know i have cleared it and am now waiting for the offer. But got 2-3 other offers in hand as well so that I can select the best among these.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about finding the root cause of any issue ?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

One round of technical interview with the Software Architect. Average difficulty, was hard to convince her though. About 2 hrs of technical discussion. Had to wait for 30 mins before someone came to take my interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

i was called 2 times at their Manyata tech park office , i haven taken 2 days off for the same as cerner seems to be good company . Went through 3 rounds all went well their response was also positive . In last round i was expecting for an offer discuassion that never haapend and after 2 weeks i gt to know they are still thnknng abt that position it went on hold. bad experience . They should respect the laterals time . PLS check with them before going are they sure abt the position or not and not calling you for time pass.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2017.

Interview

The entire process lasted about 4 hours. There was 3 rounds of interview, 1st Versant round followed by 2 technical interviews.
    All three rounds was easy and in technical rounds they asked basic oops concepts and SQL questions.
    I have done well in all three rounds of interview and after completing they said we will get back to you in two days, but they never came back.
    Still I am not sure where I have went wrong in the Interview. They never update properly.