Cerner Software Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Software Analyst Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email to speak with me about the position over the phone. She asked me about my background and why I want to work for Cerner. We were then in communication via email to set up dates for an onsite interview. Since I am not located where the position in which I'm applying for, I am set up for a virtual interview next week.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about your past experiences; essentially a run down of my resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. After 30 mins of casual career goals and past experiences, I was asked to come for face to face interview.
    Face to face was for 1.5 hours by three different managers, 30 mins each. There were series of behavioral questions that were supposed to be answered using STAR technique. It was not that tough. You should just articulate your answers properly. There is nothing technical in the interview. You should demonstrate that you are customer service orientated in nature because the job of Software Analyst is more CS than any technical at Cerner.

Interview Questions

• when is the best time you have had hard times coping with manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I was straight out of college and I guess that was my biggest mistake. In the same role, same level, one of my buddy was making 8k more than me

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Simple over the phone interview and then was flown out to the headquarters. Interviewed by 3 different managers and asked simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult or technical asked. Mainly behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase - I asked for a salary and they offered a different (lower one), and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

(Random note: This position was previously called "Technical Support Analyst", but they have recently changed the name to "more accurately reflect" the job.)

I applied back in late January, and didn't get a response back from the HR department until mid-April. Despite the initial slowness, they moved pretty quick once they finally contacted me. They set up a phone interview for a few days later.

The phone interview was about half an hour, mostly confirming information on my resume, asking about how much, if any, I'd be willing to travel, and a couple STAR behavioral type questions. After that, my interviewer kind of gave a rundown of the job and the next step in the interview process. Which was an on-site interview day.

The interview day was pretty much three back-to-back interviews that lasted around 40 minutes each. All three interviewers had a big bulky package full of the STAR behavioral type questions, full of only-slightly different questions.

Each of my 3 interviews were very different. One interviewer went bullet point by bullet point in her packet and expected me to answer each one, even though half of them seemed to ask the same question but reworded, and it felt very formal. Another asked about half the questions, skipping the ones that seemed too similar, and the rest of the 40 minutes was spent talking about various projects, classes I had taken, etc, and it was very conversational.

And the last one flipped through the whole packet and only asked me one question from the packet because she deemed the rest of them were "silly" and the rest of the time was spent talking about the company as a whole, the job I was interviewing for, asking about my academic history and such, and was very informal.

Took them about 2 weeks to get back in contact with a job offer after the interview day. After that they signed me up for a background check and a drug screening, standard stuff.

The interview day for this position was almost exclusively STAR behavioral questions. So make sure you are prepared to answer a LOT of those types of questions. I got the feeling that except for my first interviewer, they were more interested in trying to get a feel for me more than anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you received a negative review or grade on a project that you believe was unfair.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you weren't given enough time to complete your work or project before a deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you had to do a lot of research outside of work or class to complete a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was applying for an entry level spot, so there wasn't much of a negotiation