Cerner Software Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Software Analyst Interview Questions

2.2

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter via email to speak with me about the position over the phone. She asked me about my background and why I want to work for Cerner. We were then in communication via email to set up dates for an onsite interview. Since I am not located where the position in which I'm applying for, I am set up for a virtual interview next week.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about your past experiences; essentially a run down of my resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in December 2013.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. After 30 mins of casual career goals and past experiences, I was asked to come for face to face interview.
    Face to face was for 1.5 hours by three different managers, 30 mins each. There were series of behavioral questions that were supposed to be answered using STAR technique. It was not that tough. You should just articulate your answers properly. There is nothing technical in the interview. You should demonstrate that you are customer service orientated in nature because the job of Software Analyst is more CS than any technical at Cerner.

Interview Questions

• when is the best time you have had hard times coping with manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate as I was straight out of college and I guess that was my biggest mistake. In the same role, same level, one of my buddy was making 8k more than me

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Simple over the phone interview and then was flown out to the headquarters. Interviewed by 3 different managers and asked simple questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing particularly difficult or technical asked. Mainly behavioral.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation phase - I asked for a salary and they offered a different (lower one), and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

(Random note: This position was previously called "Technical Support Analyst", but they have recently changed the name to "more accurately reflect" the job.)

I applied back in late January, and didn't get a response back from the HR department until mid-April. Despite the initial slowness, they moved pretty quick once they finally contacted me. They set up a phone interview for a few days later.

The phone interview was about half an hour, mostly confirming information on my resume, asking about how much, if any, I'd be willing to travel, and a couple STAR behavioral type questions. After that, my interviewer kind of gave a rundown of the job and the next step in the interview process. Which was an on-site interview day.

The interview day was pretty much three back-to-back interviews that lasted around 40 minutes each. All three interviewers had a big bulky package full of the STAR behavioral type questions, full of only-slightly different questions.

Each of my 3 interviews were very different. One interviewer went bullet point by bullet point in her packet and expected me to answer each one, even though half of them seemed to ask the same question but reworded, and it felt very formal. Another asked about half the questions, skipping the ones that seemed too similar, and the rest of the 40 minutes was spent talking about various projects, classes I had taken, etc, and it was very conversational.

And the last one flipped through the whole packet and only asked me one question from the packet because she deemed the rest of them were "silly" and the rest of the time was spent talking about the company as a whole, the job I was interviewing for, asking about my academic history and such, and was very informal.

Took them about 2 weeks to get back in contact with a job offer after the interview day. After that they signed me up for a background check and a drug screening, standard stuff.

The interview day for this position was almost exclusively STAR behavioral questions. So make sure you are prepared to answer a LOT of those types of questions. I got the feeling that except for my first interviewer, they were more interested in trying to get a feel for me more than anything.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time when you received a negative review or grade on a project that you believe was unfair.   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you weren't given enough time to complete your work or project before a deadline. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you had to do a lot of research outside of work or class to complete a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was applying for an entry level spot, so there wasn't much of a negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter when I posted my resume out on to a job board. I didn't have any experience with healthcare or Cerner specifically, just a few years of experience in a technical support role.

Filled out an application and was contacted a few days later for my initial phone interview. It was a pretty basic "HR" questionnaire over the phone - I assume to get those questions out of the way so your in-person interviews don't need to be so lengthy (for good reason).

Cerner flew me out to Kansas City and put me up at a pretty good hotel. Didn't have much time to really see the city as I got to Kansas City the night before my interview, but I saw enough to like the place. Limo brought me to the campus (the driver seemed like he could do the route to the campus in his sleep) and they led me to a room where I was visited by three separate interviewers.

From what I've learned about the interview process, it goes a little something like this: a Team Lead or associate of certain "Level" and training will interview you for the sake of Cerner as a whole, and possibly for their team. Once they interview you, the three interviewers will hold a meeting and discuss the applications they interviewed that day. They will assign a Green, Yellow or Red rating. Green is basically "I want this person for my team", yellow is "Not a good fit for my team, but good for Cerner in general", red is "don't hire". The leads might like you and fight over you or they might not and try to send you somewhere else. This is how it worked two and a half years ago when I was hired - from what I can tell this process is taken over by HR and your resume/profile is sent out to a list of team leads with open positions and they choose from applicants who have already been accepted/ hired to Cerner.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time where you had to have a difficult discussion with a client"

"Do you know any programming languages".
      Answer Question