Cerner Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2017

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Got interview from job fair. Online interview that for some odd reason included that i be on a phone as well as be on a webcam. No idea why a computer microphone was not an option. First interview was rescheduled due to connection errors with their interview technology. Second interview i get a person who did not speak English very well. Interviewer was also rude and condecending. Did not allow me to elaborate on answers to questions. Overall very unprofessional. Do not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• Create a class. Really easy but be warned the interview technology will be buggy and randomly delete large lines of answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

I signed up for interview on an on-campus fair, Oklahoma 2016. Most of the questions(90%) were directed towards data structures in Java. ArrayList and Set were the one they concentrated on. Asked me to create an Allergy class with severity and symptoms.
    Interview was friendly and simple. I didn't quiet prepare for it, at least the data structures part so got rejected.

Interview Questions

• Q: Create an Allergy class with symptoms and severity as properties.
      Q: Search allergy based on symptoms.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied online to Cerner. I then had an online interview interview the next week where it was a mix of behavioral and coding but more class design and less problem solving.If you do well in the first interview then they will fly you to Kansas City to have two more interviews that are very similar to the first. More how did you handle X type of situation, and designing more classes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

After a couple of phone interviews, they flew me to Kansas City to have an interview in person. The interview process is done with about 50 other applicants. The night before they take you and all of the applicants in a bus to get a tour of Kansas City. Afterwards there is a dinner with current employees where you can ask them questions. The next morning they take everyone from the hotel on to campus where everyone is taken on a tour and later for interviews. There are two interviews which are the exact same but with different people in the same field of work.

Interview Questions

• How to build a class for someone's address.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Basic HR interview followed by technical phone interview followed by skype and then finally an onsite call.
    The questions are pretty easy though i messed up but easily achievable.

Interview Questions

• All questions are posted before   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online got a call within two days for phone interview. It was a behavioral interview. Asked me questions about my background, experiences, status.
    Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I got a video technical interview one day after applying at a college fair. About two weeks later they asked me to come to something called experience Cerner day. They take you around the City and feed you the day before. Then you visit the Innovations campus where they give you a company overview which is followed by two more technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• Create a class to determine if somebody has a temperature.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the recruiter contacted me and ask basic resume related things and asked when I would be available for on site interview and I chose a week after. They paid everything including air fare, motel stay and my ground transposition. The interview process was really good. No pressure and all the interviewers were experienced(I was interviewed by 3 persons, each lasted for an hour). All the questions you will find here, nothing new. They put lot of weighted on behavioral questions(as per my experience at least). They contacted within 2 weeks of my interview and was told that I was not selected. Over all process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• - How do u approach a bug
      - One was create an object that tells a nurse the frequency of medicine that a patient must take.
      - Make an object that holds temperatures of a person and can say whether or not they have a fever.
      - And some other which I do not recall
      - Lots of behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

2 phone interviews. one behavioral one technical. one "cerner day" that was a tour and two hour long technical interviews

Interview Questions

• asked about data structures and operating systems. complexities, BST of the word "cerner" most are already on glassdoor   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Telephone, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied through college/university, had a telephonic interview and covered basic concepts of OOP, Java concepts. Difference between inner join and outer join in SQL. Later the interviewer asked about how time management, explain one project that you worked on.