Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.7

305 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I had 3 hours and 3 round interview with 3 different software architects. They were from different teams working on different technologies. All of them had whiteboard coding/design questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/22 and immediately received a non-technical phone call with HR. Was then invited to take a Coding Challenge which involved 3 questions (any language):

1) Given an array of n (between 10 to 20) integers 1 through 9, return the index of the lowest unique integer (i.e. [1, 8, 2, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9, 7, 8] -> returns index 3 from value 5)

2) Given a string with a mix of comma separated words and numbers, print out two strings which contain only words in one and numbers in the other separated by commas.

3) Given numbers 1 through 52, take 5 unique numbers and determine if the number 42 can be made using any combination of addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) on those 5 numbers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Onsite was 2 rounds of 1 hour each. Each interview was mostly behavioral with barely any writing on a white board. Overall, the interview went pretty well, and the campus is beautiful.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Had my 1st round of hr. she asked only basic resume questions and about willing to relocate?i had no technical questions. only behavioral question was why cerner?
    did not get the result will update once i am done with all rounds

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 rounds, HR and on site. 3 hrs on site. Questions from glassdoor. calender, temperature, allergy, address class questions. Why Cerner, things on my resume and some technical and behavioral questions?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter for about 15 minutes about work experience and what coding languages i knew. After that i had a virtual interview with 3 teams for 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a bug and how did you solve it.
      About previous work experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Phone interview, after 2days they will send email regarding next round and contact you. simple programming round consist of 3 programming question hireview , third round at their office 2 hrs interview panel

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in August 2017.

Interview

I first had a phone interview. just basic questons and decscribing last project i worked on. Than i was set up with online assesesment. Online assesment included one behavioural question and three coding question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview experience was wonderful. The interviewers were very friendly, they made me feel comfortable and gave good insights on my solutions.
     1st round - Phone interview, If they like you then they'll fly you to Kansas city for final round. Final round- 3 rounds, 1 hour each of face-to-face coding / technical interviews with three different teams.
    Kudos to the team of recruiters who make the interview process and the experience hassle free and easy.

Interview Questions

• Data Structures , Behavioral/ Technical questions, System Design, Java technical questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Interview Questions

• How did you here about Cerner   1 Answer