Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

298 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2017.

Interview

Onsite was 2 rounds of 1 hour each. Each interview was mostly behavioral with barely any writing on a white board. Overall, the interview went pretty well, and the campus is beautiful.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Had my 1st round of hr. she asked only basic resume questions and about willing to relocate?i had no technical questions. only behavioral question was why cerner?
    did not get the result will update once i am done with all rounds

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 rounds, HR and on site. 3 hrs on site. Questions from glassdoor. calender, temperature, allergy, address class questions. Why Cerner, things on my resume and some technical and behavioral questions?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/22 and immediately received a non-technical phone call with HR. Was then invited to take a Coding Challenge which involved 3 questions (any language):

1) Given an array of n (between 10 to 20) integers 1 through 9, return the index of the lowest unique integer (i.e. [1, 8, 2, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9, 7, 8] -> returns index 3 from value 5)

2) Given a string with a mix of comma separated words and numbers, print out two strings which contain only words in one and numbers in the other separated by commas.

3) Given numbers 1 through 52, take 5 unique numbers and determine if the number 42 can be made using any combination of addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) on those 5 numbers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter for about 15 minutes about work experience and what coding languages i knew. After that i had a virtual interview with 3 teams for 1 hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you found a bug and how did you solve it.
      About previous work experiences   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview experience was wonderful. The interviewers were very friendly, they made me feel comfortable and gave good insights on my solutions.
     1st round - Phone interview, If they like you then they'll fly you to Kansas city for final round. Final round- 3 rounds, 1 hour each of face-to-face coding / technical interviews with three different teams.
    Kudos to the team of recruiters who make the interview process and the experience hassle free and easy.

Interview Questions

• Data Structures , Behavioral/ Technical questions, System Design, Java technical questions   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Interview Questions

• How did you here about Cerner   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

3 rounds of online interview. Started off with a telephonic call from the technical recruiter and it led to a 3 hour back to back interviews. The questions initially were not unusual and everything that was mentioned here was asked.

Interview Questions

• general class design questions mentioned here on glassdoor   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial call was from Recruiter who asked all basic information and some technical questions. Three rounds of interview and interviewed by three different people. Dint get a feedback from Cerner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral and the process took about 3 months. The HR process was too slow that you need to do a regular follow up to get the things done. They were very unclear about which position they are interviewing me. I was asked to apply for multiple job ID's by HR and will get a rejection mail. HR gives an explanation saying that I have to apply for a different job ID and need to re start my interview process.

Finally after 3 months, the offer letter was released offering a very low pay. This is not actually matching the average salary range.

Interview Questions

• 1st round - HR call with some behavioral questions and my interest towards the position.
      2nd round - Online Coding challenge which I need to record and send them for evaluation.

Questions:
      Least common sub sequence length.
      convert a number to binary format.
      Find an Armstrong value.

3rd round
      Its an onsite interview. Two face to face interviews each scheduled for an hour each. General behavioral questions and basic questions on data structures. I was asked to design a class with specific requirements (Allergy and Prescription). The same glass door question on race condition was asked. Went through my resume and they learnt about my projects.   3 Answers

The pay scale was too low and I felt that they do not respect freshers. They just played around with my application for 3 months with out even notifying me on what's happening with my application.