Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.7

298 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/22 and immediately received a non-technical phone call with HR. Was then invited to take a Coding Challenge which involved 3 questions (any language):

1) Given an array of n (between 10 to 20) integers 1 through 9, return the index of the lowest unique integer (i.e. [1, 8, 2, 5, 2, 1, 6, 9, 7, 8] -> returns index 3 from value 5)

2) Given a string with a mix of comma separated words and numbers, print out two strings which contain only words in one and numbers in the other separated by commas.

3) Given numbers 1 through 52, take 5 unique numbers and determine if the number 42 can be made using any combination of addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*), and division (/) on those 5 numbers.

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quite good. There were 3 rounds. First round was face to face technical interview with software architect. Second round was managerial round and third round was communication round

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2015.

Interview

First off, I have entry-level experience only so this may not be the same for everyone. Started with a typical HR phone screening, double checking resume info and all that. Then had a remote, Skype-esque 'technical' interview with a current Software Engineer. Question was the Allergy class like everyone else has said. In my opinion, it was a very poorly worded question that gave little to no direction.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

There were 2 round of technical interview, they asked basics Java questions, and sql queries which was interesting and data structures problems on trees and linked list. After you have completed the technical interview successfully, you will be asked for versant test which is a test on the English communication.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

basic question and simple answers.
    Easy to get through. The hiring process was of three rounds. The first round was the aptitude test. On successful completion of this round, they called for face to face interview. It was a bit difficult to tackle this round. They expect each and everything in depth. Overall the interview was good.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I recieved a call from HR of Cerner. He asked me to attend an interview in weekdays. As i was busy in weekdays, the HR then scheduled a telephonic interview 2 days later. First round has to be a Telephonic technical Interview. If i clears the telephonic Interview, then i need to attend a face to face technical Interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

1st telephonic interview from HR asked me about my internship experience and other behavioral questions, The call was for about 10 to 15 min.Next two where with techical head

Interview Questions

• 1)explain about my Academic project
      2) write a class for Allergy class
      3) get a file from database , check for a creatin no , replace that no with a name
      4) program for Floyd’s triangle
      5) few logic questions and data structure algotherm   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. I spoke with a recruiter at my university, and the next day I had a online interview using Hirevue. In this interview I was asked a few situational questions (How would I go about fixing code that was reported as not working right by a client, etc.) and a couple technical questions (Design a class, etc.) After this interview I was told I would hear back in about a week and it was exactly a week when they contacted me and wanting me to come onsite for Experience Cerner Day.

At ECD there were two hour long interviews. Much of the same situation and technical type questions. However, the technical questions were a tad bit more difficult to me than the ones asked during the initial interview.

Overall, I really enjoyed the experience I gained going through ECD and I give Cerner's interview process two thumbs up.

Interview Questions

• Design an Allergy class. (Just as the ones described in other reviews)   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

Virtual Interview on HireVue followed by in person interview in Kansas City. Virtual Interview focused mainly on behavioral questions with one technical question. STAR method was mentioned at the beginning of the interview. The on-site interviews were similar. Dinner the night before and then rotational interviews on the day of. Mix of behavioral/technical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked to build some sort of allergy class.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Was reached by a recruiter over the phone, who went through some generic details and then asked some OOP questions like Class Design and Data Types. Later, She arranged a Technical Interview Session (HireVue). Decent difficulty level, however, was caught off guard with questions from Data Structures and Algorithm.

Conclusion, did not get past the second round.
    Good Luck to Others!

Interview Questions

• Question was something along the line of:
      In an array of infinite elements, what is the run time complexity of finding an n-th item in the array?   4 Answers