Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

basic question and simple answers.
Easy to get through. The hiring process was of three rounds. The first round was the aptitude test. On successful completion of this round, they called for face to face interview. It was a bit difficult to tackle this round. They expect each and everything in depth. Overall the interview was good.

Interview Questions

• Can you rate your skill in x on your scale of 1 to 10?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Chennai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I recieved a call from HR of Cerner. He asked me to attend an interview in weekdays. As i was busy in weekdays, the HR then scheduled a telephonic interview 2 days later. First round has to be a Telephonic technical Interview. If i clears the telephonic Interview, then i need to attend a face to face technical Interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

1st telephonic interview from HR asked me about my internship experience and other behavioral questions, The call was for about 10 to 15 min.Next two where with techical head

Interview Questions

• 1)explain about my Academic project
      2) write a class for Allergy class
      3) get a file from database , check for a creatin no , replace that no with a name
      4) program for Floyd’s triangle
      5) few logic questions and data structure algotherm
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straight forward. I spoke with a recruiter at my university, and the next day I had a online interview using Hirevue. In this interview I was asked a few situational questions (How would I go about fixing code that was reported as not working right by a client, etc.) and a couple technical questions (Design a class, etc.) After this interview I was told I would hear back in about a week and it was exactly a week when they contacted me and wanting me to come onsite for Experience Cerner Day.

At ECD there were two hour long interviews. Much of the same situation and technical type questions. However, the technical questions were a tad bit more difficult to me than the ones asked during the initial interview.

Overall, I really enjoyed the experience I gained going through ECD and I give Cerner's interview process two thumbs up.

Interview Questions

• Design an Allergy class. (Just as the ones described in other reviews)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Fayetteville, AR) in October 2016.

Interview

Virtual Interview on HireVue followed by in person interview in Kansas City. Virtual Interview focused mainly on behavioral questions with one technical question. STAR method was mentioned at the beginning of the interview. The on-site interviews were similar. Dinner the night before and then rotational interviews on the day of. Mix of behavioral/technical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked to build some sort of allergy class.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Was reached by a recruiter over the phone, who went through some generic details and then asked some OOP questions like Class Design and Data Types. Later, She arranged a Technical Interview Session (HireVue). Decent difficulty level, however, was caught off guard with questions from Data Structures and Algorithm.

Conclusion, did not get past the second round.
    Good Luck to Others!

Interview Questions

• Question was something along the line of:
      In an array of infinite elements, what is the run time complexity of finding an n-th item in the array?
      4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1 hr round , 2 technical round(pure technical and they would ask you to write code)& 1 versant round to check your communication skills.versant round is very easy.u can find it on youtube

Interview Questions

• pure technical questions..they asked me to code a employee software for a multinational company..   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Columbia, MO) in August 2012.

Interview

First interview was very technical and with an engineer. They asked very extensive coding questions and even asked me to write some code for them. Asked me about various programming languages and how I would go about using them in day to day work.

Interview Questions

• How would i program a chess game using object-oriented programming   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

They bring you to Kansas City and put you in a nice hotel. They take you out for dinner the night before the interview. The day of the interview they take you to the campus and show you around. After they feed you lunch the interviews start. You then interview with two different people.

Interview Questions

• Show me how you would write a program that stores information about a patient's medications.   2 Answers
    • Write a program that reminds patients to take their medications.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and a video call. Overall, the interview was basically how others described it here on glassdoor. The first half was a lot of questions about my resume and a few behavioral questions. The second half was the technical part where you were required to code in front of them. You can choose any language that you are comfortable with