Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 24, 2017

2.7

287 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview experience was wonderful. The interviewers were very friendly, they made me feel comfortable and gave good insights on my solutions.
 1st round - Phone interview, If they like you then they'll fly you to Kansas city for final round. Final round- 3 rounds, 1 hour each of face-to-face coding / technical interviews with three different teams.
Kudos to the team of recruiters who make the interview process and the experience hassle free and easy.

Interview Questions

• Data Structures , Behavioral/ Technical questions, System Design, Java technical questions   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

it was good. It was fine. It was alright. iT WAS NICE. It was very good. It was awesome. It was smooth af. It was generous. Interviewer knew how much I needed the job and gave me one.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner in December 2016.

Interview

Versant english round for 50 minutes and was easy but listen to it carefully. Then followed by 2 technical rounds, technical questions on java, asked to write programs, basic queries on SQL.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied through Naukri.com. Had 3 rounds of interview and a Versant English communication test. All the questions asked during interview were related to my previous work experience. I was interviewing for a software services team requirement.

Interview Questions

• Difference between REST and SOAP? Which one would be more suitable to their project in terms of security and convenience?   Answer Question
    • How would you improve a database query execution time?   Answer Question
    • Difference between synchronous and asynchronous.   Answer Question
    • Tools used for quality improvement in web development.   Answer Question
    • Database queries used during work.   Answer Question
    • Debugging tools used and nature of usage.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Unlike many of the interview processes mentioned here, it was a 3 hour interview, with 3 different people from different teams interviewing me. It started off by recruiter contacting me for an initial telephonic call and then they asked me if I would be available for a 3 hour online interview

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral, and includes the coding sessions as well. They look at your approach and ask you the questions on what your approach is and why   37 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through referral and the process took about 3 months. The HR process was too slow that you need to do a regular follow up to get the things done. They were very unclear about which position they are interviewing me. I was asked to apply for multiple job ID's by HR and will get a rejection mail. HR gives an explanation saying that I have to apply for a different job ID and need to re start my interview process.

Finally after 3 months, the offer letter was released offering a very low pay. This is not actually matching the average salary range.

Interview Questions

• 1st round - HR call with some behavioral questions and my interest towards the position.
      2nd round - Online Coding challenge which I need to record and send them for evaluation.

Questions:
      Least common sub sequence length.
      convert a number to binary format.
      Find an Armstrong value.

3rd round
      Its an onsite interview. Two face to face interviews each scheduled for an hour each. General behavioral questions and basic questions on data structures. I was asked to design a class with specific requirements (Allergy and Prescription). The same glass door question on race condition was asked. Went through my resume and they learnt about my projects.   1 Answer

The pay scale was too low and I felt that they do not respect freshers. They just played around with my application for 3 months with out even notifying me on what's happening with my application.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quite good. There were 3 rounds. First round was face to face technical interview with software architect. Second round was managerial round and third round was communication round

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Interview Questions

• How did you here about Cerner   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2017.

Interview

First there is versant english test followed by two technical rounds. Versant english test was for 50 minutes and it was easy. The technical rounds contained questions around my cv. They also asked me to design patient class. I was asked to write code on board for some programs.
    I was asked questions on C and Java.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

First HR interview on phone
    Then Technical on phone
    Then they fly you to Kansas City and make you stay in good hotel in downtown. Then they take you to Innovations campus and show you around. 2 rounds of interviews each of 1 hour.
    Not bad. Mostly Glassdoor questions were asked