Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then online interview (behavioral and technical questions), invitation to their Kansas City HQ for a tour with more interviews. The interviewers are usually a set of HR reps as well as current developers. The questions asked were pretty standard of a health care company and not overly difficult. Technical questions focused on OO programming.

Interview Questions

• Define a medical related class (Person, Temperature, Medication, etc)   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied through a referral. Initially they had mailed me and set up a phone interview, but they never called up. I followed up about what had happened. They rescheduled the interview and they hadn't called up the second time also. This time when I mailed to find out as to what had happened the recruiter did not even reply. They don't respond to calls either. Overall very bad experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in August 2016.

Interview

It was telephonic round with some basic questions first. Later, the remaining 2 rounds were back to back at Cerner office in Kansas each for an hour almost. They were detail into programmimg like they asked to design a patient class, allergy class, Medication class....

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

HR phone interview
    That was surprise me, the HR can ask you tech questions.....
    2.Asking resume.(intern project)
    3.Address class design(stree, state,zip,)
        type:String,
        Following up question: Database save custom's addresses
    4.How did you learn a new technology?
    5.3 of your strongest skills
    6 What is different between Object and Class?
       (blueprint)(abstract class)(different memory locations )

Interview Questions

• 1.Why cerner? Where you find cerner?
      2.Asking resume.(intern project)
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in July 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was very rude and condescending. After the initial introduction, he asked me few behavior questions. After answering all the behavior questions he asked me to open the notepad on HireVue and asked me to solve the problem which was written over it. During the interview I tried my best to have a conversation with him about different approaches and even put comments on the code and guess what, whenever I asked him about his opinion on an approach, he just threw one sentence back at me: Hmm. SO ???

After solving the problem I realized he had no wish talking to me at all so I just waited for him to speak first. But he was busy in drinking water(more than 4 times) and checking his cellphone !

The question was not hard at all I can solve it even when I am asleep, but the interviewer was way too rude and unprofessional!

If the interviewee asks clarifying questions, that doesn't mean that you should be ironic and rude !!!

Interview Questions

• Design allergy class which contains information about who/when reported allergy(kin/friend).   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and swift. My hiring recruiter was very helpful and responded quickly to emails. The interview questions are not out-of-this-world difficult. If you do well in school and are a competent computer scientist, you will be able to give good answers. They will look for your skills and interests so they can figure out which team at Cerner (if any) you belong to.

Interview Questions

• Design a class to hold data about something medical related, like an allergy or medicine. Answer a few behavioral questions involving group work.   15 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied through company careers site..First round was with HR..Basic questions regarding your previous experience and discussed about salary,location! And then scheduled for 3 back to back onsite interviews in the next 2 weeks. All questions from glassdoor. And some behavioral questions on conflicts,getting feedback from manager and Team work. All three are technical interviews. Waiting for Feedback!!!

Interview Questions

• Allergy,posting date according to timezone,person demographics problem
      Medication Frequency problem and given error log to identify error
      Fever temperature problem and discuss a time when you automated a task to make life easier
      38 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR after applying through online careers site. Its just 30 minutes call asking about details in resume.Later scheduled for onsite interview. We have 3 rounds of interview with questions similar to those available on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Medication class,Temperature class   3 Answers

Application

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then an online web interview with some coding questions. Web interview was relatively simple but very open ended. Be ready to explain your reasoning. A lot of this came down to justifying your choices for data types and what kind of data to store within a class. Having a good understanding of Object oriented programming and Java was a plus here.

Interview Questions

• Design an allergy class, sanitizing input, data types etc.   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

First Hr called me for a telephonic interview for half an hour. Second round was onsite and consisted of 3 1:1 interviews. They take nice care of you and then on the day of your interview, i has three back to back interviews and i was back on plane to Kentucky..

Interview Questions

• write a class to store patient information,persons information,Temperature class and some database questions. It was not that difficult. None was unexpected but you should know how to answer these questions. Try to analyze how to write more and more efficiently. They are also more interested in knowing how you declare the variables. They are very particular about behavior questions. Don't miss any questions on glass door. I am waiting for results.   6 Answers