Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

2.7

305 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in June 2016.

Interview

Got a call from HR after applying through online careers site. Its just 30 minutes call asking about details in resume.Later scheduled for onsite interview. We have 3 rounds of interview with questions similar to those available on glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Medication class,Temperature class   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Application

Interview

Started with a phone interview and then an online web interview with some coding questions. Web interview was relatively simple but very open ended. Be ready to explain your reasoning. A lot of this came down to justifying your choices for data types and what kind of data to store within a class. Having a good understanding of Object oriented programming and Java was a plus here.

Interview Questions

• Design an allergy class, sanitizing input, data types etc.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

The interview process is well organized and swift. My hiring recruiter was very helpful and responded quickly to emails. The interview questions are not out-of-this-world difficult. If you do well in school and are a competent computer scientist, you will be able to give good answers. They will look for your skills and interests so they can figure out which team at Cerner (if any) you belong to.

Interview Questions

• Design a class to hold data about something medical related, like an allergy or medicine. Answer a few behavioral questions involving group work.   15 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

First round was HR, the questions were on basic java data types, after a week 3 back to back interview on Hirevue for an hour each, all were technical. The questions were similar to the questions mentioned in the glassdoor.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview process is really easy just prepare cerner interview questions from glass door and some behavioral questions I don't know on which basis they are evaluating candidates I didn't feel tough but I was not selected in interview

Interview Questions

• Define patient class , temperature class   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a referral. Got a call from Hr the next day to discuss the position and all the basic stuff. Then I was given the option of either doing the next interview virtually or coming onsite. I chose to go onsite. There are three rounds of interviews. All the questions are very similar to the questions mentioned on glass door. It was both technical and behavioral. design medicine class, frequency of medicine class, Questions on my resume and experience. Also I was given a sheet with logs in it and was supposed to tell the what is happening(locking mechanism, threading, deadlock).

Interview Questions

• 1. Design medication class, frequency of medicine class. (start and end date for medicine)   8 Answers

Negotiation

was able to negotiate

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Hr call and then onsite interview for about 3 hours.
    Most are related to experience in my resume, java technical managerial and algorithms.
    I went there around 9AM and am done at 12:00 noon.

Interview Questions

• Most are related to experience in my resume, java technical managerial and algorithms   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Was reached by a recruiter over the phone, who went through some generic details and then asked some OOP questions like Class Design and Data Types. Later, She arranged a Technical Interview Session (HireVue). Decent difficulty level, however, was caught off guard with questions from Data Structures and Algorithm.

Conclusion, did not get past the second round.
    Good Luck to Others!

Interview Questions

• Question was something along the line of:
      In an array of infinite elements, what is the run time complexity of finding an n-th item in the array?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Interview consisted of some HL7 questions on how to design a class to hold HL7 information. Unfortunately I was supposed to have an interview with the Manager but I was passed off instead to a an unsuspecting software engineer who didn't seem that interested in interviewing. The interview lasted about 40 minutes of me explaining my software work history which I don't think the information was successfully relayed to the people in a position to hire.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through the career fair at my university for academic software engineer position. I was contacted within a few days from a recruiter to set up a one-hour phone interview for the first round. Interview process was straight forward and relaxed. It was conducted on Hire View platform. Initially, the interview started with the introduction then behavioral question and moved to java technical part. It went for 50 minutes. After Few days, i was told that my application was excluded from the process as other applicants profile match their needs closely.

Interview Questions

• Java and behavioral questions. Design allergy class.   1 Answer