Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2017

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview to discuss resume. 3, 1 hour interviews on the same day with the option to use HireVue or fly to location. Entire process from application to offer took 3 weeks. Super fast compared to other places. Prepare by using this website. A common mistake in preparing is to simply memorize answer and take it from someone who has interviewed people, it's very obvious. When you write code, you should be able to explain every line.

Interview Questions

• Q: Design Temperature/Allergy class and include a functions to do/calculate x, y, and z.
    A: Pseudocode is acceptable. Requested functions are straightforward. Talk about what you are doing and why as you write code. They are looking for knowledge of OOP and confidence. If you are stuck, explain why and they will help you get back on track.

Q: What are your best programming languages?
    A: Everyone has one.

Q: How would you troubleshoot multiple errors?
    A: Multiple answers here, so just be able to explain why.

Q: Common behavioral questions.
    A: If you've ever had an interview, you know what these look like (working in groups, criticism, difficult coworker, etc...)

Q: Given the following errors, what is/are the problem(s)?
    A: Take your time. Read the logs carefully. The answer(s) is/are already there.

Q: Why Cerner?
    A: Was asked this multiple times. Do your research on the company and be able to give multiple reasons why.

Q: Do you have any questions for me?
    A: Don't waste this opportunity. Always have a question for them. I say "a" because there isn't much time typically towards the end.
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Columbia, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

On campus interview and just a few question about the behavior and OOP. The interviewer is pretty nice and warm heart. The interview last for an hour and many behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Allergy class, and the most challenge projects you have sth like that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

I met with two teams for one hour each. The questions were mostly technical in one interview and then half technical, half behavioral in the other. The process was pretty laid back and seemed to depend on the personality of the interviewer. Although one of the interviewers had an intense interviewing style, the environment was still very relaxing, as far as interview environments go.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

My interview process began with a video interview with an engineer. From there, you may or may not be invited to Kansas City for a day of onsite interview and tours. I was put up in the VERY nice Marriott in Downtown KC, and picked up by a shuttle van along with several other interviewees. The van drove us around downtown, while a Cerner associate showed us around. The onsite interview was 1/2 hour apiece with 2 more separate engineers in a 1 on 1 setting. Finally, we were given a quick rundown on company culture, etc.

Interview Questions

• What's the most interesting bug you've ever encountered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Being a fresh graduate, I felt cerner is the best place to attend your first interview. They make you feel very comfortable. Questions are not too difficult. Even if you cannot proceed further feel free to ask them questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied on their company official website. The recruiter contacts me at first. Then after a week, technical phone interview. Got onsite invitation the day after t. Then two weeks later, onsite at Kansas City. The interviewers are all very nice. But unfortunately I failed, I guess it's because one of these interviews isn't good.

Interview Questions

• The temperature class, you can find it anywhere.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviews at Cerner were pretty straight forward. They started out with an HR "Getting to know you" interview followed by a remote technical interview and then the final on-site interview. The interview questions were pretty simple class structures like design a temperature tracking class, design a class of people demographics. They didn't ask for much detail. They only wanted to see how you would design the classes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

First there is a phone interview by a recruiter, then 3 1:1 interviews each of one minimum 30 minutes. Interview can be at the location. Prepare the Glass door questions

Interview Questions

• Diff between object and class?   6 Answers

Application

Interview

I was first contacted about by a recruiter to resubmit an application, since I had applied earlier that year. After a couple of days the recruiter got back to me and we scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was mainly about my resume, and past experience. I was the invited to attend a Cerner Experience day. During the Experience day we had three 1 hour interviews.

Interview Questions

• Mainly behavioral questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Hi, I applied for this position around 3 weeks ago, got a HR email 2 weeks back for a Phone interview .HR was so polite and gave me a good in site about the position and company.
    We had a brief discussion about my resume,my current and past work, technologies worked on,my present job work,Work Status, location preferences if any, recruiting process

After 2 weeks had Hireview interview yesterday.
    1st round with snr architect, questions about current job role, experience, daily tasks, how did you detect a bug, how often did you take feedback from others in team and how do you work on them, what new technologies learnt recently and how, what is your strong programming language , questions about JDBC framework, front end technologies , core Java oops , collections , automated tools , tools I work on in present job.. I gave real time scenarios and examples I worked .

2nd round was pretty stressful , repeated questions, design medication class to alert nurses to give medicines , on which part of learning technology you kept extra effort and current job duties and related follow up questions.

3rd round .did you any time take feed backs , how did you work on them , temperature class ..

Overview : give real time examples what you worked on , learn oops , collections examples, while coding they see the approach and how we handle

I'm waiting for the result yet.

Interview Questions

• HR
      1. How did you come to know about cerner ? what interested you to apply?
      2. Do you have nay friends/relatives working? have you applied before /worked here?
      3. Tell me about your present Job? What are your daily activities in Job?..explained my daily activities i deal, interacting with team etc..
      4. How comfortable are you with current Job and did you face any problems in the Team or Company?.. i had no issue so far so good so mentioned that
      5. Have you learnt any technology other than required for your present Job?
      6. How do you learn new technologies quickly?...better to give example here.
      7. salary expectations?
      8. Define a Street address class and which kind of data types would you use in it and why?
      2 Answers