Cerner Solution Technical Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Solution Technical Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Cerner

2.6

Technical Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in December 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application on their career website and was contacted the next day. I had a phone screening where we went over my resume and then I was flown to Kansas City three weeks later. In Kansas City I had two 20-30 minute sit down conversations with current Cerner employees who signed up to interview candidates. The questions were all behavioral and the interviewers were both really easy to talk to. I was offered the position two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your manager/professor dramatically changed an assignment. How did you react? What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in April 2015.

Interview

Process took about 2 weeks. Phone interview asking standard HR questions. Went to Cerner's campus to interview same week. Asked standard STAR questions and giving examples about time you had to do it.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who found my resume online and scheduled a phone interview for the following Monday. Toured the campus that Friday and interviewed with two managers. Was given an offer the next week. All told, the process took about two weeks. Everything was very smooth and professional; the process was extremely streamlined.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you were forced to change your approach to a solution.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in January 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. I submitted my resume via my internal school website. HR got back with me for a preliminary phone screening. After that, I had a short phone interview with only a couple questions as far as I remember. They were very specific about when they'd get back to me by. They got back to me and said they would like to bring me in for an in person interview. They paid for me to stay in Downtown KC Mariott and they even gave me travel expense refunds in the form of Visa prepaid cards. There was a short introductory presentation and tour of the campus upon arrival. Then we went into very small rooms and interviewed with two different people. They both asked very similar questions (some duplicate) about my job experience and experience working on a team. I was able to provide lots of class and work examples to their questions and it was very relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Give an example whenever a team member did not agree with you. Give an example when a team member was being difficult.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied through career fair. HR contacted me a week later as basic resume questions and scheduled a fly in for a in person interview on their campus. Showed us around. Other candidates where there. 2 back to back interviews. STAR questions. Got contacted a week later with a offer.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in May 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and set up a phone interview a few days later. This was very smooth with typical phone interview questions. We set up a day I could fly up to Kansas City for the in person interview. All expenses paid, everything was very pleasant. The interview consisted of two 45 minute interviews. After this we had a short presentation, a tour, and lunch where we spoke to other TSA members. The whole experience was excellent and laid back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you faced a challenge and overcame it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Met with 2 people, interviews were typical behavioral questions. First person was a little awkward and barely spoke, second person was completely different. Was given a tour and then lunch

Interview Questions

• Named a job where policy was unable to be changed, did you dislike or like it and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in February 2016.

Interview

A group of 6 of us were given a brief introduction to the company before being taken to the interview area. I was interviewed by two different associates from different disciplines within the company. After completing the interview we were given a tour of the campus facilities and were treated to lunch with some of the other TSAs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you helped a co-worker in need when it wasn't required.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied on Cerner's Careers site and received a request for a phone interview within a couple of days. The phone interview was simple, easy, and I was told a face-to-face would be setup soon. Interviewed with two managers for 45 minutes each and the time went by quickly. It was strange because both managers threw softball questions and asked me about my background. There was nothing to lead me to believe I would be rejected, since the interviews turned into a conversation more than a typical interview and they both spoke in terms of me having the job. I'm "older" and I believe that is held against you, since Cerner appears to be made up of tons of 20 somethings; especially in the position I wanted.

Interview Questions

• What was hardest for you in college? What was easiest for you in college? What is your secret to success? Name a time when technology let you down.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in June 2018.

Interview

I had a phone interview, which was basic HR questions, then I had two Interviews at the Innovation Campus. They were mainly behavioral interviews using the S.T.A.R. technique.