Cerner Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

2.8

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS).

Interview

Was emailed to do to a phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes. They ask basic questions about past work experience along with a couple behavioral questions. Was asked to come in for a face to face interview the next week. Interview consisted of 3 30 minute interviews with different people. Asked a lot of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter, who asked basic HR questions. She wanted to know more about what I did at my recent jobs. She asked me what I like most and least about my recent job. I was also asked to name a time I worked with a difficult customer. My recruiter moved me to the second round of interviews on a Cerner campus. I had three one-on-one interviews that were about 30 minutes each. They asked me about my jobs on my resume and some behavioral questions they chose from a list. Go through Glassdoor for more interview questions that they might ask you. Also, I didn't receive the email addresses of my interviewers so I had to email the thank-you's to a different recruiter for them to receive my emails. I suggest maybe asking the interviewers if you could email them before the interviews end.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were most proud of your job.
      Name a time you learn a trick that help streamline the procedures or your workload.
      Name a time you used multiple resources to solve a problem.
      Name a time you had trouble learning a new program or procedure.
      Name a time you had a conflict with a coworker or a supervisor.
      Name a time you had to adapt to change at work.
      Name a time you made a decision too quickly.
      Name a time you provided an innovative solution.
      Why do you want to work at Cerner?
      Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online then received an email from a recruiter about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was simple with basic HR questions then she set up a time for one in person interview a week later. I talked with three different managers, they were all really nice and made the process easy and less stressful. They asked all behavioral questions but if you think of a few different stories/examples you will be fine. They called me about a week and a half later and discussed their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to quickly solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called explaining their offer details like pay, benefits, and location. They then told me they would email me with the details and that I would either accept or deny the offer there online.It was nice to have the time to make the decision instead of having to answer right there over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on the company website and was contacted the same day to set up a phone interview, which was to take place a little under a week later. The phone interview involved questions about my previous jobs and one behavioral question. After the phone interview, I was invited for an on-site interview, which took place about 10 days later. I was interviewed by three people for 30 minutes each. All the questions they asked were STAR style (Situation/Task, Action taken, Result). These questions require specific answers about things that have occurred in your previous jobs. Don't be vague on your answers! They want specificity, so try to come up with some ideas in preparation for the interview. All my interviewers were very personable and I felt comfortable talking to all of them. The on-site interview took place on a Thursday; I was offered the position the following Tuesday, though they said to expect to hear back in about 1.5 or 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to complete a task with little instruction.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to uphold a policy you didn't agree with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were particularly satisfied with your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at the World Headquarters building. They interview large groups of people at one time for a variety of different positions. Three interviews, back to back to back. Overall, the people were very friendly and asked basic behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you encountered conflict in the workplace? How did you deal with the conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

3 different people interviewed me on different past scenarios I'd encountered in the workplace or school. It was mostly all based upon how I would handle certain prospective scenarios such as a hostile customer or a pressing decision.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a decision without your boss's input?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Walked into Cerner. Everyone who was interviewing was standing in the entrance way. We were professionally lead into an elevator and each went into separate rooms. I had 3 interviews back to back in a 1.5 hour time frame. Everyone was so nice and personable. I felt very at ease.

Interview Questions

• A difficult decision I had to make within my work place?   Answer Question

Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter called me the next day. Scheduled a phone interview which was mostly talking about the position and company with a few behavioral questions. I got offer a virtual interview which consisted of three 30 minute behavioral style interview questions. I received an offer but declined due to location. The whole interview process was easy and everyone was nice.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had a problem, how did you solve it and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Very short and brief. Ended the interview as soon as I said I did not have the GPA they "required". I had discussed my previous work experience which was pretty relevant to the position, but it did not matter to them. They valued their prospects by numbers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a position where you had to make a tough decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied on Cerners website, received an email from recruiter to schedule phone interview within 48 hours of applying. Received an opportunity to formally interview at WHQ at the conclusion of phone interview. Two weeks after formal interview at WHQ and offer was made. Smooth process and good communication between the recruiter and myself was very beneficial throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were given a task with little to no instructions! What was the problem, how did you address it and what was the outcome of that decision?   Answer Question