Cerner Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Support Analyst Interview Questions

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

Cerner's interview process is pretty in depth. I had three rounds of interviews with six different people. Come prepared with responses for behavior-based questions, as well as questions of your own for the company. Cerner expects you to drink the coolade so make sure you know the company's history and about its CEO, Neal Patterson.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a clash with another employee. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in July 2016.

Interview

I was scheduled a phone interview with a recruiter, who asked basic HR questions. She wanted to know more about what I did at my recent jobs. She asked me what I like most and least about my recent job. I was also asked to name a time I worked with a difficult customer. My recruiter moved me to the second round of interviews on a Cerner campus. I had three one-on-one interviews that were about 30 minutes each. They asked me about my jobs on my resume and some behavioral questions they chose from a list. Go through Glassdoor for more interview questions that they might ask you. Also, I didn't receive the email addresses of my interviewers so I had to email the thank-you's to a different recruiter for them to receive my emails. I suggest maybe asking the interviewers if you could email them before the interviews end.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were most proud of your job.
      Name a time you learn a trick that help streamline the procedures or your workload.
      Name a time you used multiple resources to solve a problem.
      Name a time you had trouble learning a new program or procedure.
      Name a time you had a conflict with a coworker or a supervisor.
      Name a time you had to adapt to change at work.
      Name a time you made a decision too quickly.
      Name a time you provided an innovative solution.
      Why do you want to work at Cerner?
      Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Durham, NC) in August 2013.

Interview

Three interviews with three managers firing off question like a firing squad. It was very stressful. Each manager came in with a sheet of questions. They asked all the questions on their sheets. The site manager did not have a sheet of question but wrote all over my resume.

Interview Questions

• How much SQL experience do you have.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted through email by a recruiter after sending in multiple applications on the Cerner website. They offered to speak on the phone about a different open position available. After the 30 minute phone interview, the recruiter invited me in for a 1.5 hour interview with three other associates. The interviewers were very nice and easy to talk to. Most of the questions they asked were behavioral questions. I was told by the last interviewer that it would be between two weeks and a month before I would hear anything, but the lady that escorted me out (not sure what her position is) said it would probably be closer to two weeks. After two weeks exactly, I received a phone call from the original recruiter notifying me that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Thinking back to a previous employer, tell me about a challenge that you accomplished successfully, and one you didn't accomplish successfully.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2010.

Interview

I recieved a call from about 6 months after the last time i applied for a positoin. She asked if iw as still interested and wanted to know what i was looking for and then did a quick phone interview. She then asked me to come in for a a 1.5 hour, interview process with 3 different people. The people rotated between me and the other people applying and all had a list of questions to ask. After that, i was told i'd hear something within a week. After a week i was told they were interested but were trying to come up with an offer. A few days later i was given an offer. Good word of advice for the phone interveiw, be broad, do not try to be super specific, because you don't know what position they are wanting you for so if you are too specific about a certain area, they may not want to bring you in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a high level Executive wants you to bend the rules for them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate. I was brought into an entry level positoin so they didn't let me negotiate at all.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

First phone interview, then in-person interview with three different people who were managers/Leads in departments hiring for the specific job. Each person read questions from a booklet, but very few chose to stay with those questions and went off-form. Some people had a conversation with you, some were quizzing you, looking for certain traits that they found helpful and/or discouraging.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online then received an email from a recruiter about a week later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was simple with basic HR questions then she set up a time for one in person interview a week later. I talked with three different managers, they were all really nice and made the process easy and less stressful. They asked all behavioral questions but if you think of a few different stories/examples you will be fine. They called me about a week and a half later and discussed their offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to quickly solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They called explaining their offer details like pay, benefits, and location. They then told me they would email me with the details and that I would either accept or deny the offer there online.It was nice to have the time to make the decision instead of having to answer right there over the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied on the company website and was contacted the same day to set up a phone interview, which was to take place a little under a week later. The phone interview involved questions about my previous jobs and one behavioral question. After the phone interview, I was invited for an on-site interview, which took place about 10 days later. I was interviewed by three people for 30 minutes each. All the questions they asked were STAR style (Situation/Task, Action taken, Result). These questions require specific answers about things that have occurred in your previous jobs. Don't be vague on your answers! They want specificity, so try to come up with some ideas in preparation for the interview. All my interviewers were very personable and I felt comfortable talking to all of them. The on-site interview took place on a Thursday; I was offered the position the following Tuesday, though they said to expect to hear back in about 1.5 or 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were asked to complete a task with little instruction.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to uphold a policy you didn't agree with.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were particularly satisfied with your job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Interviewed at the World Headquarters building. They interview large groups of people at one time for a variety of different positions. Three interviews, back to back to back. Overall, the people were very friendly and asked basic behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you encountered conflict in the workplace? How did you deal with the conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview, It was really easy some old questions.
    Where do you see yourself in five years?
    Can you tell me a little about yourself?

Finally, A formal face to face interview with several managers.
    What are your greatest professional strengths?
    What do you consider to be your weaknesses?
    Tell me about a challenge or conflict you've faced at work, and how you dealt with it.
    What's a time you exercised leadership?