Cerner Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted by a Cerner recruiter through linkdIn. I filled out the application per the recruiters request and I was contact via email soon after. I had a preliminary interview with the recruiter so they could get a feel for my interests, resume read, and behavioral questions. After that, I was informed that I'd interview with a Systems Engineer for a behavioral/technical video interview. Once I passed that, I was told I would be moved on to the final stage which is a 2 day trip to the HQ in KC. It consisted of a tour the first day and then two back to back interviews the second day. Every Cerner employee I came in contact with was very friendly, open, and most importantly professional.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with three different managers, all from different teams. Back to back aprox. 45 minutes each. Was contacted a week later with feedback from the recruiters. The feed back was great. Was told that all three managers recommened a different position for me, but was currently not any openings with that team.

Interview Questions

• General Technicial questions, and a few behavorial questions using the STAR process   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

1. HR interview
    2. In person interview with 3 managers. (1 hour each back to back)
    3. Video interview
    4. Informal interview

Interview Questions

• Interview process took about a month. Each one was about an hour long, however each person was pleasant to speak with.

1. HR interview
      2. In person interview with 3 managers. (1 hour each back to back)
      3. Video interview
      4. Informal interview

Most of the questions where situational and behavioral questions but there were some technical.

Examples:

1. Tell me about a time....
      2. How would you handle.....
      3. Why should we hire you?
      4. What would you do....
      5. OSI model, Networking, Cloud infrastructure, firewall and policies.
      Answer Question

Examples:

1. Tell me about a time....
      2. How would you handle.....
      3. Why should we hire you?
      4. What would you do....
      5. OSI model, Networking, Cloud infrastructure, firewall and policies.
      Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then I had a video interview with an architect. Both interviews started on time and last the time they tell you.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for over a month and final round I was flown out for an interview. Theyhotel paid or my flight and hotel. Then I had met for 3 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Springfield, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews one on the phone and another through a video call. They asked basic networking questions, make sure to know how networking works with routers, modems, TCP/IP structures etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant. Half behavioural half technical. Different definition of systems engineering than what I am used to. They are looking for network engineers and harder technical skills than what I have been trained with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me advantages and dissadvanteges of operating systems   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very quick interview process. Was contacted by a recruiter via email. Setup an hour long phone screening. Explained my background and recruiter recommended roles based on my experience and skill set. Interview was a week later. The interview process was unique as it was 3 interviews back-to-back each lasting an hour. Each interview was for the same position title, though on different teams. Process went very smoothly and I heard back from my recruiter in just under a week with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Linux/Unix commands, scripting experience, cross platform support.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview with Cerner was super cool.

I applied for multiple jobs through LinkedIn and I was contacted by a recruiter and we discussed regarding the different opportunities within the organization and she asked by my past experience. At the end of the call she was impressed and told that I should fly to Kansas for a face to face interview for three job opportunities.

My flights tickets were booked by the company and their treatment was top level. I was provided with a limo service from airport to Sheraton. On the day of interview, I was again picked up by the limo and was dropped at their north campus.

I had three consecutive interviews with a span of one hour each. Interviews are not too technical and they examine you to get an idea about your Linux standards and experience. The session is also included with some behavioral questions.

At the end of interview, I was given 50-dollar gift card and was dropped at Kansas airport again by Limo

The total experience was really awesome and I am waiting for the results

Fingers Crossed!!!

Update: after a week from the interview, I received the offer

Interview Questions

• Just follow the questions posted by other candidates which would be more than enough.   2 Answers

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

The interview was very easy. Initial phone round was from HR, after going through my resume she told me about the responsibilities and the kinds of projects currently going on. Then I had scheduled the interview through HireVue.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are already mentioned in glass door like allergy class, address class.   1 Answer