Cerner Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 25, 2017

2.8

113 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Malvern, PA).

Interview

STAR method questions. Had an inital phone screening, about 3 weeks later I was contacted to set-up an onsite interview. Interviewed with 3 different team leaders which lasted 45 minutes each. Questions were based on past experiences on your resume. Received an offer from them the next week.

Interview Questions

• Write the logic for coding a calculator   3 Answers
  • explain a time you overcame a difficult situation   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lowell, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Lowell, MA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online to an opening, and was scheduled for 2 hours of face to face meetings with people. I spent perhaps 35 minutes with two people and the technical interviewer never showed.

The interview process felt rushed, and no real technical questions were asked of me.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted by a Cerner recruiter through linkdIn. I filled out the application per the recruiters request and I was contact via email soon after. I had a preliminary interview with the recruiter so they could get a feel for my interests, resume read, and behavioral questions. After that, I was informed that I'd interview with a Systems Engineer for a behavioral/technical video interview. Once I passed that, I was told I would be moved on to the final stage which is a 2 day trip to the HQ in KC. It consisted of a tour the first day and then two back to back interviews the second day. Every Cerner employee I came in contact with was very friendly, open, and most importantly professional.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Six hour long "Experience Cerner Day." Meet and greet followed by three one-hour interviews back to back to back. Followed by company provided lunch with an associate to answer questions or concerns about the daily life and responsibilities, and then a campus tour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Laid Back> I expected technical questions but they were more behavioral than technical. I guess because of the type of questions asked I was focusing more n responding to them with personal examples than with work experience examples. That might have been why i was not offered the job. I am not sure.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had a difficult task to complete and how did you go about completing it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with three different managers, all from different teams. Back to back aprox. 45 minutes each. Was contacted a week later with feedback from the recruiters. The feed back was great. Was told that all three managers recommened a different position for me, but was currently not any openings with that team.

Interview Questions

• General Technicial questions, and a few behavorial questions using the STAR process   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then I had a video interview with an architect. Both interviews started on time and last the time they tell you.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

1. HR interview
    2. In person interview with 3 managers. (1 hour each back to back)
    3. Video interview
    4. Informal interview

Interview Questions

• Interview process took about a month. Each one was about an hour long, however each person was pleasant to speak with.

1. HR interview
      2. In person interview with 3 managers. (1 hour each back to back)
      3. Video interview
      4. Informal interview

Most of the questions where situational and behavioral questions but there were some technical.

Examples:

1. Tell me about a time....
      2. How would you handle.....
      3. Why should we hire you?
      4. What would you do....
      5. OSI model, Networking, Cloud infrastructure, firewall and policies.   Answer Question

Examples:

1. Tell me about a time....
      2. How would you handle.....
      3. Why should we hire you?
      4. What would you do....

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for over a month and final round I was flown out for an interview. Theyhotel paid or my flight and hotel. Then I had met for 3 people.