Cerner Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.7

108 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

First starts with a phone interview, Then if they like your resume you will get a Skype interview, if you do well on the Skype interview you will get invited to Kansas City and have 2-3 one-on-one in person interviews

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I was contacted by a Cerner recruiter through linkdIn. I filled out the application per the recruiters request and I was contact via email soon after. I had a preliminary interview with the recruiter so they could get a feel for my interests, resume read, and behavioral questions. After that, I was informed that I'd interview with a Systems Engineer for a behavioral/technical video interview. Once I passed that, I was told I would be moved on to the final stage which is a 2 day trip to the HQ in KC. It consisted of a tour the first day and then two back to back interviews the second day. Every Cerner employee I came in contact with was very friendly, open, and most importantly professional.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Six hour long "Experience Cerner Day." Meet and greet followed by three one-hour interviews back to back to back. Followed by company provided lunch with an associate to answer questions or concerns about the daily life and responsibilities, and then a campus tour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

Met with three different managers, all from different teams. Back to back aprox. 45 minutes each. Was contacted a week later with feedback from the recruiters. The feed back was great. Was told that all three managers recommened a different position for me, but was currently not any openings with that team.

Interview Questions

• General Technicial questions, and a few behavorial questions using the STAR process   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter and then I had a video interview with an architect. Both interviews started on time and last the time they tell you.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

1. HR interview
    2. In person interview with 3 managers. (1 hour each back to back)
    3. Video interview
    4. Informal interview

Interview Questions

• Interview process took about a month. Each one was about an hour long, however each person was pleasant to speak with.

1. HR interview
      2. In person interview with 3 managers. (1 hour each back to back)
      3. Video interview
      4. Informal interview

Most of the questions where situational and behavioral questions but there were some technical.

Examples:

1. Tell me about a time....
      2. How would you handle.....
      3. Why should we hire you?
      4. What would you do....
      5. OSI model, Networking, Cloud infrastructure, firewall and policies.   Answer Question

Examples:

1. Tell me about a time....
      2. How would you handle.....
      3. Why should we hire you?
      4. What would you do....

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for over a month and final round I was flown out for an interview. Theyhotel paid or my flight and hotel. Then I had met for 3 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Springfield, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews one on the phone and another through a video call. They asked basic networking questions, make sure to know how networking works with routers, modems, TCP/IP structures etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2016.

Interview

It was pleasant. Half behavioural half technical. Different definition of systems engineering than what I am used to. They are looking for network engineers and harder technical skills than what I have been trained with.

Interview Questions

• Tell me advantages and dissadvanteges of operating systems   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, KS) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very quick interview process. Was contacted by a recruiter via email. Setup an hour long phone screening. Explained my background and recruiter recommended roles based on my experience and skill set. Interview was a week later. The interview process was unique as it was 3 interviews back-to-back each lasting an hour. Each interview was for the same position title, though on different teams. Process went very smoothly and I heard back from my recruiter in just under a week with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Linux/Unix commands, scripting experience, cross platform support.   Answer Question