Cerner Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Technical Support Analyst Interview Questions

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

I was contacted through email from a technical recruiter. She then asked me when I was available for a phone interview. She began to ask me background information about myself, previous job experience, academics, and also what job I would be interested in. She after all of that we agreed on a job that best fit my interest. After that she set me up with a formal interview for a second interview two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What position would you want to apply for and what is your desired salary   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty good. They didn't ask to many technical question, it was more of common sense questions and to see how you think. They didn't make me feel nervous, it was actually comfortable and at home feeling.

Interview Questions

• How do it feel working in a fast pace location?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Lasted 30 seconds as the organization does not sponsor H1-B for this position. The first question was how did I hear about them. The interview process was smooth. They sent an email saying they liked my profile and were interested in me. But as soon as I said that I need sponsorship, they said that they do not sponsor for this position. So, it ended.

Interview Questions

• How did I hear about them ?   1 Answer
    • Do you need H1-B sponsorship   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in March 2015.

Interview

I initially met with representatives from Cerner at a career fair. They were recruiting recent graduates for the System Engineer role. I was informed that my GPA was not sufficient for that role, and referred to the Technical Support Analyst position. During the phone interview, I was referred back to the System Engineer role based on my skills and experience. After repeating the application process, I was once again asked about my GPA, and then their communications with me abruptly ceased.

Interview Questions

• Have you used an issue tracking system before?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Cerner in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online on their website. I received an email the same day or the next day from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I gave them my time schedule for when I was available. The recruiter called me at the scheduled time and I had a phone interview with a recruiter. I was told that I will be contacted in 3 to 5 days if selected for a face to face interview. I did not get selected for the face to face interview. Be ready to talk about your background and give examples of situations.

Interview Questions

• Recruiter asked me about my background and things on my resume. Asked me about my experience with troubleshooting and asked for some examples.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Really good experience. Standard process. Apply online and if they like your resume, they will call you for a quick phone "interview" which you should pass as long as you can talk to a stranger over the phone. They then invite you in for a 3-person interview. You will be interviewed by one person, and then another, and then one more. If they like you, they will call you in a week or three and give you the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you ran into a conflict at work, and how did you address it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

Recruiter contacted via email shortly after applying, set up a phone interview within the week. At end of phone interview, recruiter asked to bring me in for an in-person interview within the same week. Interviewed with three teams. Very few technical questions, almost all behavioral questions. Heard back less than a week after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you've been faced with job directions that differed. How did you decide which one to choose?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter called to schedule a time to have a phone interview. The date was scheduled and we visited about 30 minutes with basic HR questions. Some questions about my technical ability, but it was pretty greek to her. I was later called and ask if I was available to come to KC for a face-to-face interview and we scheduled time.

I arrived for the interview, every one was very nice and the entire interview was orchestrated very professionally. I met with 3 team leads/managers. Each one ask me basic behavior interview questions. The only problem was that each one described the job and after 3 hours i got a little bored. Each individual interview took about 1 hour. Cerner paid my travel expenses to come for the interview and that was nice.

Great interview... After reading the reviews on glass door I was pleasantly surprised with how much everyone liked working there and the length of time they worked for Cerner. I guess we shouldn't read everything we read.

A week after the interview i received an email from the recruiter that they weren't going to extend me an offer at this point but wanted to keep my application for future consideration.

Personally I felt like I might be too old for their company culture and my salary requirements were probably above what they are use to paying kids out of college.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever received a review about your work that was different than you thought it should be?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner in April 2010.

Interview

Multiple Behavioral interviews were demanding. Be prepared to have examples of tough situation you were faced with. They don't expect perfection from young adults, just honesty and integrity.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember. I'm sure it was something like, "Tell me about a time you were forced to tell someone you couldn't follow through with a promise."   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent for recent college graduates (take the job).

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds.
    first-aptitude
    second-hr
    third technical
    aptitude had verbal and quantitative. second round was all about basic hr questions. third was related to the projects done puzzle solving and the communication skills.