Cerner Velocity Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Velocity Analyst Interview Questions

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2014.

Interview

The Interview process uses S.T.A.R behavior based questions. Be prepared for difficult questions and be very detailed.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of when you implemented an new plan that was not well received by all.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

I had a contact in the company who referred me to a recruiting representative. He and I had an initial conversation, a follow-up conversation a few weeks later, and then from there a different recruiting coordinator. I then was asked to come to Kansas City, where I had a group day with 9 other individuals ranging from seniors in college to young professionals who are a few years out of college. We had a 24-hour "Experience Cerner Day", which toured the city, the Cerner facilities, and has two 30-minute interviews. The whole process took around 2 months from initial contact to in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• I wouldn't necessarily say it was incredibly difficult, but I was asked about my adaptability to situations--having to learn a different process or program in place of something I know already.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in October 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for an entry level position while in college. The first step was a phone interview with my recruiter. This lasted about 20-30 minutes regarding questions about my courses, internship, and past experience. Then they invited me onsite to their World Headquarters where I interviewed with 3 people, 30 mintues each.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you created an idea which launched a new process.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was generous. I did not try to negotiate.

Velocity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview

Was strongly recruited by Cerner via emails, etc. Interviewed by phone (which I thought was strange as they had a recruiter in the area?), very disorganized. They lost my resume, which I had uploaded to their site, and had me email to the interviewer in the middle of the conversation. Overall very awkward, ill-prepared on their part.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting site. Was contacted for an Experience Cerner Day. Stayed the night in a hotel and was given a tour of Kansas City the following morning with about 25 other applicants. This was followed by an overview of the program and two 1 on 1 interview lasting about 30 minutes each. Interview questions were mostly behavioral and not too difficult. Entire process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted the initial offer given.

Velocity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Email communications followed by a phone interview. After the phone interview a campus visit was scheduled where the velocity program was over viewed and candidates had two 1 on 1 interviews. Following interviews candidates had the opportunity to inquire with former velocity analyst program members. Turn around for offers was less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had difficulty conveying change to other members of a group. Standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied through campus career website, and was contacted within next week for phone interview. After successfully completing phone interview, was flown to Kansas City about 3 weeks later. Myself as well as about 30 applicants were invited to interview that day. The evening before the interview, Cerner took us all on a tour bus and gave us an official tour of Kansas City. At the end of the tour, we were dropped off at an upscale steakhouse downtown for an informal networking event. The seating arrangements were assigned, with one recruiter sitting at each table.

The next day, the tour bus picked us up for interview day. Although Cerner encouraged us to dress casual, many dressed in suits (including myself). The day began with a presentation about Cerner, and then we were escorted upstairs to conduct 1:1 interviews. Each of us got our own private conference room, and were interviewed by 3 separate recruiters back-to-back for the next hour and a half. After interviews, we enjoyed lunch at Cerner's cafeteria, and then were dropped off at the airport shortly after.

Cerner promised to follow up within the next two weeks. At the end of the two weeks, I received a call from the head recruiter saying that there was no job offer at this time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be successful in the healthcare industry?   Answer Question

Velocity Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview was ambiguous, basic question but over all positive

Velocity Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

There was an initial screening call to give the recruiter a "feel" for what I was like and whether I'd be a good fit for the company. From there, we scheduled an official phone interview which was held roughly a week later. The screening and interview calls were somewhat relaxed compared to others that I've had. Be comfortable with your skills, strengths, weaknesses, etc. before the call but remember to be yourself and show your personality as well.

Following the phone interview, the recruiter contacted me within that week and presented an invite to "Experience Cerner Day" at their main campus. During ECD, we were given handouts, relocation tips, information on how the first few months would be if we were, indeed, hired, and finally 2-3 rounds of interviews were conducted with current employees.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions to ask me? - This is a common question in interviews. Remember who is interviewing you at the time, though!
      Recruiter = Benefits, Hours, Next steps, etc.
      Current Employee = Ask about personal experiences, pros and cons, etc. They like when they can offer insight to potential new hires.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the initial offer as it was very reasonable for a recent graduate.

Anonymous Employee in North Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (North Kansas City, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Based on behavioral interview questions - STAR method!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to use data/research to solve a problem   Answer Question

Negotiation

None