Cerner Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to have a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, I was invited to Kansas City for a dinner and interview day where I met with 3 managers and interviewed for about a half hour with each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked in a group to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

You will have 2 half hour interviews with 2 different recruiters. They will tour you around the world headquarters campus, you will eat lunch at the beautiful cafeteria and they bring in a peer panel for you to ask questions to current Cerner employees.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about working for Cerner? Why are you interested in Health Care?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in August 2013.

Interview

Fast process. Received a phone screening a week after applying, then was flown in for an on-site interview a few weeks later. When arriving on-site, interviewed with a group of 20 other candidates. Using the S.T.A.R. method was very helpful in answering questions. Interview was mostly about situation related questions

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview followed in vote to an experiencing cerner day. Experiencing cerner consisted of a tour of the city, tour of the facility, free diner and lunch at the facilities cafe. Then there were a few presentations and two behavioral interview sessions.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had a challenging task ahead how did you prepare for it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiations

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

Interview

Received an email a day after I applied online. Set up an interview the next week. It was very short. Not very friendly and she only asked one question at the end.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

Several weeks after submitting a resume, I was called by a recruiter and invited to Kansas City for an interview. We toured the headquarters, learned about the company, and then had 3 separate one on one interviews.

Interview Questions

• They mostly ask about previous experiences. Behavioral based.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter after submitting application online and at campus career fair. Phone interview consisted of about 3-4 behavioral questions and conversation. The phone interview was thirty minutes and at the end of it, I was told that I would be invited to an Experience Cerner Day (ECD) at the World Headquarters in Kansas City, MO. These happen on Fridays during the fall and spring recruiting season. I flew out on a Thursday and had a tour of Kansas City with a group of about 25 other candidates. There then was a dinner with a current employee. After dinner, the consultants stay and talk with the recruiters about the applicants. I would advise just to be yourself at the dinner and talk freely with others. The next morning we were taken on a shuttle from the hotel to Cerner's HQ. There was a brief overview of the company followed by two forty-five minute interviews with current Cerner employees. Honestly, some of the employees did not even know that they were interviewing candidates that day. They had my resume in hand but I could tell that they had not read it over and that they were not really comfortable interviewing people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were in a conflict with someone who didn't see your way of thinking.   Answer Question

The Cerner offer is great, but I had received much higher offers from other companies. The amenities at Cerner are great, but I feel that they can compensate their employees more.

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview was easy. Experience Cerner day was an adventure!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in September 2013.

Interview

After applying over the internet, I was contacted by a recruiter. We set up a phone interview that took place a week later. The phone interview consisted of basic questions about my resume and behavioral questions. After the phone interview I was offered an in person interview at the World Headquarters in Kansas City. This portion of the interview process consisted of two different interviews, both lasting 30 minutes. Basic behavioral and technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you felt overburdened and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Thursday night checked into the hotel, took a tour of downtown KC then had a dinner meet and greet with Cerner consultants. The next morning we took a bus to the Cerner Headquarters. Started off with two one-on-one interviews, followed by lunch, a tour of campus, and a Q&A session with current employees.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to change the way you went about solving a problem.   Answer Question