Cerner Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Velocity Delivery Consultant Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to have a phone interview with a recruiter. After the phone interview, I was invited to Kansas City for a dinner and interview day where I met with 3 managers and interviewed for about a half hour with each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked in a group to solve a problem.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

I started by sending in my resume. I was then contacted through email and set up a phone interview. The lady who interviewed me was very relaxed and the conversation went smoothly. As soon as the interview ended she invited me to come out to Kansas City for a final interview and a tour of the city. The first night all of the candidates went to dinner and talked to cerner representatives then the second day we had 3 rounds of interviews and a tour of the campus.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went against your teams decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about the hardest class you have taken.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process has been pretty interesting. It's taken place over the course of 5 weeks and has consisted of a few phone interviews and an Experience Cerner Day from which I just returned. Overall the experience was pretty good.

They said they would call about a week after the interviews and they did just that. I got the job but didn't accept on the spot because I wanted to see what other options I had on the table.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with little to no direction.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to work in a group setting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was pretty fair upfront so there was no need for negotiation. Also received a pretty nice relocation package as well.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

I feel like my interview was completely abnormal from my counterparts...I did not have a phone interview at all. I was contacted by a member of the HR team and asked to come down to Kansas City to interview (most people have at least one interview before this). The actual interviews were completely 100% behavioral questions...unless you are interviewing for a computer science position.

They brought us all down together and gave us a tour of Kansas City. They had us stay in a hotel downtown and then took us to an italian restaurant called Lidia's. It was pretty good food. After that, we were able to ask questions to Cerner members (who had no idea what was going on). Then, we were able to go back to the hotel and do whatever we wanted. Fortunately my basketball teal was playing that night!!!! March madness ftw...so I went to the game that night.

The next day was 'interview day' an.d we had three back to back interviews...the first two 20 minutes and the third 30 minutes. Each interview was 100% behavioral questions. After that we were taken back to the hotel and we all went home.

Interview Questions

• (they love people who come from a technical background....so) Explain an aspect of your undergraduate research to me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered the job over the phone and I asked what the negotiation opportunities were like (probably not the most intelligent thing) and I accepted on the spot....thought the offer was very fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me out of the blue. I had a general phone 1:1 and now waiting on my phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview and then was invited on-site for an on-campus interview at the end of the phone interview. Everyone with whom I talked to during the process was friendly. Once on-site, I was interviewed by 2 Cerner associates individually. They were about 30 minutes each and my interviewers were very friendly and offered descriptions of their daily work and allowed for question time at the end.

Interview Questions

• Would you relocate to KC? Basic STAR questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview questions were not really hard, all behavioral. They try to make everyone feel like they are potentially your coworkers not your competitor. There was a dinner on the first night, then the next day there was three 30 min interviews, short presentation, lunch, another short presentation, at the end there was a panel of employees ready to answer any of our questions about their career.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not really unexpected if you have done a lot of behavioral interviews.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

Initial interview was via phone. Nothing too in depth, more like a "get to know you and your backround" conversation. I was asked to interview in person at the world headquarters in Kansas City. Interview consisted of three separate 1 on 1 interviews that each lasted less than 30 minutes. I heard others only had two, I believe it was just 'luck' of the draw who got three vs. two. Each interviewer read a series of prewritten questions. They questions seemed to be the 'normal' interview setups: what would you do in this situation? how would you react if..., describe a time when you made a mistake, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you made a decision to solve a problem and it ended up being the wrong decision? (paraphrasing)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in December 2011.

Interview

First - phone screen with HR, goes over your resume and asks some basic HR questions. If you seem like a good fit, they schedule you for a formal interview. THis consists of 100% behavioral STAR type questions with a current employee. If you do well, they fly you out to the HQ for in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a group decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

I first applied online and received a call from someone HR who asked me a few questions about my resume. Then she said she wanted to schedule a phone interview (even though that felt like it was one). A week later I had the phone interview with someone in HR and they asked me very weird behavioral questions (tell me about a time you had to adjust a client's expectations... I'm in college, I don't have clients!). I had gotten about three hours of sleep the night before and thought I totally bombed the interview but apparently not because I was asked to come to the final round in Kansas City.

The night before, we were taken on a tour of the city which I was surprisingly impressed with. It's more of a city than I pictured and they have done some great things in recent years to spruce it up. Then we had a very nice dinner but seats were assigned and I ended up sitting next to some awkward people.

The next day you are given an iPad to play with and given a couple of presentations on both Cerner and the role. There is also a panel with people in the role. You will have 3 1:1 interviews with employees in different areas with standard behavioral/resume walkthrough questions. You will also get a tour of campus and lunch at the cafeteria.

A week later I received an offer with a starting salary of $48,000 for the position.

Overall Cerner seemed like a very nice place to work. They have an on-site gym and clinic as well as daycare. They are very health oriented so there are weight loss challenges and incentives within the company. However, it seemed like the employees worked too hard and they were constantly making excuses for this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to adjust a client's expectations   Answer Question

I received a higher offer ($60,000) from Epic for the same sort of position and it also seemed like a more fun place to work.