Cerner Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cerner Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview Questions

2.5

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in March 2014.

Interview

There is a two interview process at Cerner. A lot of the questions were behavior type information but they were very weird.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not feel like you were not emotional supported by your coworkers or teammates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Cerner

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner in January 2014.

Interview

One phone interview, Two in-person interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

The phone interview was very basic. It was simple background questions about my qualifications and experiences. The Experience Cerner Day (ECD) went very well. It was extremely laid back and relaxed. You have a quick overview of the company, interviews, lunch, and tour. To this day, I am still shocked I did not receive an offer. I had a 3.5+ GPA from a top ranked University in the Midwest. My interviewer even told me my interview went well. Cerner is the type of company where "It's who you know, not what you know." Overall, I was very impressed with the company, and also extremely glad I found a better opportunity for myself. From what I've been told, they work you to death.

Interview Questions

• Phone: Describe a time you had to teach someone something technical.
      ECD: Describe a time you had conflicting demands. Describe a time when you had to do something that went against the group you were working with. Describe a time when you implemented a change.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Pleasant, and a very accommodating. On Thursday (Feb 26), we were taken on a tour of Kansas City, MO, followed by a dinner at the Hilton in downtown KC. Most interviewees stayed at the Sheraton, but i am a KC native so I didn't need that accommodation. On Friday, we were to be at Cerner for the interviews and Experience Cerner day. There were 2 30 minute interviews, that were relatively relatively low stress if you came prepared. In all, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• All questions were behavior based (so be prepared well in advance for "describe a time when" questions).   1 Answer

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Went to a information session at school. Submitted my resume at a career fair. Heard from a recruiter a month later. Had an initial phone interview (how you heard about them, why the health care field, one or two behavioral questions). Got invited to Experience Cerner day, but I chose the Skype interviews because it was during finals. Exactly two weeks after my interview I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a professor/someone at work give you two conflicting demands.   Answer Question

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through www.cerner.com and I received an email from a senior recruiter the very next day. Via email communication, we set up my phone interview which was about a week later (based on my availability) and it only lasted about 15 minutes. Within about a week I received a phone call inviting me to "Explore Cerner day". Explore Cerner day consists of two days. The first day is a tour of the city followed by a very nice dinner at a beautiful restaurant where you are able to meet and discuss the company with current associates. The following day, we had a early morning presentation immediately followed by two separate interviewers. After the interview we had another presentation followed by lunch on campus. After lunch there were three associates who came in and we had the opportunity to have a panel discussion. About a week and a half later I received an offer letter. This was more than my requested starting salary, so I was pleased.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Had a phone interview with recruiter. Was invited out to Kansas City for experience Cerner day. They put me in a very nice hotel and treated us all well. About 20 candidates applying for the same position. Went on 2 30 minute interviews followed by a tour of campus.

Interview Questions

• What's a time that you were not emotionally supported by a co-worker?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Basic phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Went in for 2 30 minute interviews a month after phone interview. Most questions asked in the face to face interview were questions posted on glassdoor reviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't feel emotionally supported by a team member or coworker   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cerner (Kansas City, MO) in January 2012.

Interview

My first interview was a phone interview, with very basic questions, mostly protocol related questions. We then proceeded to schedule a skype interview for my second interview since I was still in school and lived out of state. The skype interview was three rounds of interviews with different people with more behavioral based questions, not super hard but required some thought. Make sure to be as specific as possible when answering these questions because they want actual scenarios.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was a question about handling a change at work and how I adapted to it. Since I was working mostly basic jobs throughout college I had a hard time initially thinking of a specific situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me what I expected and a relocation package, so I was pleased.

Velocity Professional Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cerner.

Interview

Was impressed by how quickly Cerner got back to me for a phone interview. They quickly offered to fly me out, but then decided it would be too expensive. I did two skype interviews instead.

Interview Questions

• Started with behavioral questions in first interview, then the second interview was about resume.   Answer Question