Certify Recruiting Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Certify

1 Interview Review

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Certify (Portland, ME) in December 2017.

Interview

My interview experience was very different from other interviews I have been in. Interviewing with Certify, for me, made me feel that skill set wasn't their only point of interest with me. I was interviewing with another company at the time and the Hiring Manager I spoke with over the phone at Certify shared some of his personal experience working with the other company that I was pursuing. He was very transparent and articulate about his experience with Certify and the differences he could identify between the two environments I was considering.
There was a clear interest from Certify in getting to know me as a person, what I do outside of work, as well as how my experience and skills correlated to the Job I was applying to.
I was initially approached by a consulting firm partnered with Certify reaching about a recruiting job they thought I might know someone for. I had heard of Certify from a coworker who had spoken highly of their culture since she had worked at Certify before we began working together and she felt that I would be a good fit to that culture after working closely with me for over a year.
After a phone screening and doing some research about the company, I was interested in meeting to explore the position further and see the environment for myself. We scheduled a face 2 face interview, before I had completed the personality assessment online with the expectation I would complete that. The face 2 face interview was refreshing and positive. (I have often seen hiring managers who don't remember the details of the experience in the resume provided to them, or the phone screening, but this was not the case here. This helped to expedite the time in the interview with more quality dialog, rather than rehashing things we had already discussed.
The expectations in the position were clear, the culture fit was a major part of considering candidates for an offer, and by the end of the interview the manager was interested in extending an offer. I was very pleased to have had such a positive experience so far, but I was being picky and asked if I could come back again soon to meet some other people in the company, and again try to see for myself how much of a fit I was to the culture. They were happy to arrange another meeting the following day, which made me feel that there was a great process in place to accommodate their employee's needs.
In that 3rd interview I met with 2 of the "employee success team" essentially HR personnel and the original manager I had met. The meeting was again very professional as well as personal and had a few lighthearted jokes about each persons home life and interests. Volunteering opportunities through the company were another thing that drew my interest further to join this company.
There was a great connection and I felt very comfortable to accept an offer from them if they were interested, which they were!
As a Portland, Maine local I'm excited to help contribute to a relatively new and rapidly growing Maine based company. They have a vision of bringing talented people to Maine to live and work here with a lot of community minded goals and definitely see the value of this great small city.
Thrilled to be joining the team here in Portland and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• What I was like outside of work, my hobbies, interests, and how I like to spend my free time.   1 Answer