Cessna Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cessna Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cessna.

Interview

Online application and phone interview. I interviewed with one person over the phone and he was quite nice. He didn't try to trap me with the types of questions they ask. It was more a pleasant conversation than anything else. I found out though that if you waited a bit to accept the offers they're more likely to get in contact with a better offer. So wait a bit before you accept!

Interview Questions

• Mostly "tell me a time when" kind of personality questions. Things like times where you struggled, or achieved something, or when there was an inter-personal struggle with classmate/coworker/etc.   Answer Question

Parts Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cessna (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The interview was rather simple just took a long time to finally get one. The former supervisor had a hard time making decisions. Again management not watching who was running the show. And then place unfit people in charge.

Interview Questions

• What can you offer to the parts department?   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cessna.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions, just going through my resume. I was called back for onsite interview. They flew me to Kansas and gave me a tour of the facilities with another very short interview

Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview. A simple discussion about the work you've done on your resume. Asked questions and was told to elaborate. Second interview involved another quick interview along with a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• Describe what you've done that is the most applicable to this position   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cessna.

Interview

Started with online application, didn't hear back for over a month. Was asked to do a phone interview (about 30 minutes or less). The following week I was asked to schedule a Skype interview (I think the following week). 3 or 4 of the hirers and an HR exec interviewed me for about an hour. Received a phone call about a week and a half later

Interview Questions

• How well do you work with a team? Examples   1 Answer

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

Non-Formal, basically it will go well if you were pre-chosen. By that I mean almost every job posting already has someone in mind to fill it. So unless the pre-chosen declines you are just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cessna.

Interview

Pretty Standard interview process. A phone HR interview was scheduled where they asked standard HR questions (why cessna?, why should we hire?, what are your interests? etc.) The second round consisted of a phone interview with the managers and supervisors (there were 4 of them I do not remember their titles). This was an hour and half long grilling, mostly concentrating on my experience. The third round was skype with three managers (again I don't know their exact roles or titles) which was a straight forward question answer session, questions were situation based which sounds easy but is actually very hard since whatever solution you come up with, might not be something they have in their minds.
    I would like to add that the first two interviews were not so good according to me, adn the last interview actually went well. But the result was exactly opposite. So if you are interviewing and your interviews don't go so well you actually might have a shot.
    This was one of my dream companies it is a shame I couldn't cash in the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal situations 1. bad employee 2. production system failure 3. new program integration   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interviews. Behavioral questions and some about yourself questions. They do not call you in to interview in person, due to high security throughout the company. They give 1-2 over the phone interviews, and they mostly want you to elaborate on yourself as much as you can so they can get a feel for if you are right for fitting the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your greatest accomplishments?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cessna in December 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview. Standard questions on experience, qualifications, and projects. Be sure to highlight projects, past and current. Usually interview with your assigned supervisor and their supervisor, typically in an office setting.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cessna in November 2014.

Interview

3 interviews. First was a short face to face for their LDP program. Was almost entirely me asking questions rather than the other way around. They were trying to gauge interest in Textron and their business units. Was turned down because I was not interested in working in areas of Textron outside of aerospace, but later received another face to face with full time hiring manager, which was largely situational questions. Last was with who I would be reporting to, and was largely to gauge my personality as well as technical interests.

Took ~1 month to hear back regarding the LDP program, but went very quickly after.