Cessna Interview Questions in Wichita, KS | Glassdoor

Updated May 19, 2017

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Fatigue and Damage Tolerance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in September 2015.

Interview

1st interview was a phone interview. A simple discussion about the work you've done on your resume. Asked questions and was told to elaborate. Second interview involved another quick interview along with a tour of the facility

Interview Questions

• Describe what you've done that is the most applicable to this position   Answer Question

Maintenance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in February 2015.

Interview

Non-Formal, basically it will go well if you were pre-chosen. By that I mean almost every job posting already has someone in mind to fill it. So unless the pre-chosen declines you are just going through the motions.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult situation?   1 Answer

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in January 2015.

Interview

Over the phone interviews. Behavioral questions and some about yourself questions. They do not call you in to interview in person, due to high security throughout the company. They give 1-2 over the phone interviews, and they mostly want you to elaborate on yourself as much as you can so they can get a feel for if you are right for fitting the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? What are your greatest accomplishments?   Answer Question

Engine Event Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in March 2014.

Interview

Multiple interview process. First informal phone interview, then formal Skype interview. Had technical difficulties with my skype interview so ended up having to take two.

If accepted, you have to pass a fully comprehensive physical and urine & hair drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Be sure to know a good deal about the company. Research their different products.   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS).

Interview

My interview process went quicker than most. I met with Cessna reps at my college career fair and did a 30 minute interview that day with one of the recruiters. From there, I was extended an offer to fly to Wichita for an interview-weekend with other marketing candidates.

Once there, we spent the day working on an event-execution plan while each person presented an individual marketing plan to 6-10 people in the marketing/management departments. Questions were asked about our plan and marketing in general afterwards. After the interview day, we went to dinner with many of the people who had been at our interview earlier in the day. The following day we toured the Cessna factory and Wichita before flying out.

Interview Questions

• Is qualitative or quantitative measurement more important?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in May 2013.

Interview

Went for an interview over the phone, and then was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• The only hard task to come across as is to really stand out during the online application phase.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Contract offered, no negotiating salary

Procurement Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in November 2012.

Interview

I had a screening phone call, then a meeting with my direct manager. Followed with a brief meeting with his manager. It was all upbeat and professional. The focus was on soft skills more than hard skills.

Interview Questions

• I simply do not remember them. The focus of the interviews were on how I would fit in.   1 Answer

Entry Level Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview was normal nothing extra ordinary. The process was smooth.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult, pretty easy and straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Had to accept as it is.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

Got a call for an interview. Agreed on the date and time. They set up your hotel and flight and reimburse you for meals.

Interview started early in the morning. First thing they did was gave us a tour of the plant. Then HR talked about benefits and why you should work for Cessna. Then 1 on 1 interview with candidates, usually with an engineering manager or specialist. Then the HR person took us all to a nice lunch.

Job offer took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you wanna work here?"
      "Why should we choose you over other candidates?"   1 Answer
    • Behavioral questions (weakness, strength).   Answer Question

Negotiation

It is generally not advisable to negotiate for new graduates. I can't speak for experienced engineers.

Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cessna (Wichita, KS) in February 2011.

Interview

The interview process is purposely drawn out to qualify candidates. There are several steps to employment and all the way to the last interview you are not sure if you have landed the job or not.

Interview Questions

• There where no personal questions. Only wanted to know about history and who referred you to the company.   Answer Question