Challenger, Gray & Christmas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Challenger, Gray & Christmas Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Challenger, Gray & Christmas

Phase II Career Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Challenger, Gray & Christmas (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

Very quick, concise, and thorough. The position is one that I seem to be qualified for and am interested in, so the process was simple. I was interviewed by 3 individuals separately and their questions were not redundant.

Interview Questions

• I simply don't recollect. This interview was more of a conversation that explored ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.

Job Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Challenger, Gray & Christmas (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted first with standard questions the emphasis was on, that it was project work. The face to face interview was behavioral base questions in which they wanted you to sell yourself and show your confidence in your abilities to coach someone.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it offer.

Job Search Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Challenger, Gray & Christmas (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Received phone call from an ad response. The process was very extensive (behavioral/situational questions) was given some information, but nothing specific about the duties, expectations, etc. EVERYTHING was a secret "The PROGRAM" ???? After this, invited for a face to face with a different person who asked the very same questions again. (How professional is that). Then offered a job. The job offer was rescinded do to business needs was the information given, Then called back two weeks later and offered the job again. WOW!~!!~!!!

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for Challenger Gray?   1 Answer

Negotiation

We only have one salary and everyone gets paid the same. SURE, I believed that.

Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Challenger, Gray & Christmas (Chicago, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed at Challenger, Christmas, Gray (CCG) for a counselor position. In the interest of full disclosure, I got an email from them a few days after the interview that I was not be offered a position. However, if I had been offered a job, I would not have accepted it. Here's why:

For a company in the business of helping and supporting people who had been recently laid off, it seemed like they treat their own employees as disposable pawns. The interview process consisted first of a group overview of the position. The person presenting had a real, "It's our way or the highway" attitude. She also had real snotty answers for some of the sincere questions that people asked.

The funny thing is that the job, the way THEY THEMSELVES described it ,is terrible. Are you ready? Here we go: It's a contract position, lousy pay considering they want 8 to 10 years experience, NO benefits. Essentially a six day work week, virtually no opportunity for advancement, you must carry up to $3,000 of expenses on your own credit card at any one time, and it's constant travel to often more than one location per week. To top off this list of real motivators, they pay employees once a month.

I have heard that there are companies out there that actually look to hire people with low self esteem because they know they will take all the crap the company wants to give them. Challenger, Christmas and Gray may be one of those firms.

Interview Questions

• All the one on one interview questions I got started exactly the same way: "Tell me about a time when...?" "Tell me about a situation when...?'   1 Answer

Job Search Coach Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Challenger, Gray & Christmas.

Interview

Submitted resume thru someone I knew at the company.
    Had phone interview, then one on one interview, then group interview.
    As a firm helping people find their next career position, they use the method that they teach in their hiring process. You should have well created and rehearsed answers to:
    Tell me about yourself (describe who you are at work) and What job tasks do you really want to perform (not job titles).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when something did not turn out as you expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing was negotiable. This is a full time temporary position.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Challenger, Gray & Christmas (Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)) in January 2011.

Interview

Two round interviews, easier Q than other consultant firms. One human resource case only

Interview Questions

• How many golf balls can you fit in a school bus   1 Answer